Jump to content
TriFOD
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Top 3 drives you want to do with ID family


Sridhar Tandra
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hola All,

 

I was thinking of the top 3 drives that I would do with ID family while I was going through various drive reports on our forum and wanted to list them down and see how many of you have similar thoughts and which would be the top 3 drives in common! These drives can be repetitive (you have done it with ID already) or you may have missed it because you joined the family late or missed it due to various reasons..!! Let's start!!!!

 

My top 3 drives that I would love to do with ID are

 

1) Koilsagar

2) Rann of Kutch

3) Spiti Valley / Chitkul, The last village of India

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

 

1) Koilsagar

2) Rann of Kutch

3) Spiti Valley / Chitkul, The last village of India


I'm interested in Spiti valley.


So monsoon is coming.
India-Drive should come out of the hibernation period.
Where and when are going out for the monsoon drive?

 

Also please increase the slots from 30 to 40.
I missed few drives due to slots getting full.

@Sridhar Tandra
Lets prepare for the monsoon drive.
Hopefully first drive will be at the end of June according to WA group conversation. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice thread @Sridhar Tandra, It really feels good to get inputs from the members of the club. 

 

To give an overview of the best meet ups I have had with the team so far gets quite difficult to rate as each had it's own specialty in them and the fun I have had with every member is pretty unique so as to mention. Like the star gazing session and the barbeque beside the Koilsagar lake has been a unique experience and also, all the monsoon drives has it's own fun which never disappoints. The crew with which I drive to these places always mattered the most and they were always at their best in contributing to those best moments which needs a special mention.

 

I would love to do these drives in the monsoon every year and any place around the majestic Himalayas will be the one we would love to plan in the coming days ahead. :)

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sagar said:

Nice thread @Sridhar Tandra, It really feels good to get inputs from the members of the club. 

 

To give an overview of the best meet ups I have had with the team so far gets quite difficult to rate as each had it's own specialty in them and the fun I have had with every member is pretty unique so as to mention. Like the star gazing session and the barbeque beside the Koilsagar lake has been a unique experience and also, all the monsoon drives has it's own fun which never disappoints. The crew with which I drive to these places always mattered the most and they were always at their best in contributing to those best moments which needs a special mention.

 

I would love to do these drives in the monsoon every year and any place around the majestic Himalayas will be the one we would love to plan in the coming days ahead. :)

 

Looking forward to complete the Spiti / Chitkul this year with ID family bro! I hope I am included in the group this time, or I would become @Sud this time taking a Bus to reach you guys in Delhi :):);) End of the year, completing Spiti is the target and it would be wonderful to do it with this family which never disappoints

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2018 at 12:13 PM, Sridhar Tandra said:

End of the year, completing Spiti is the target and it would be wonderful to do it with this family which never disappoints


Spiti wont be possible at the end of the year.
Now it is the perfect time to visit. 
Once the winter begins, route will be closed or may not be accessible. 

Between nice post ?
Many new members joined, may be we can go on short drive.
Hope rains will start from this weekend!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2018 at 12:13 PM, Sridhar Tandra said:

Looking forward to complete the Spiti / Chitkul this year with ID family bro! I hope I am included in the group this time, or I would become @Sud this time taking a Bus to reach you guys in Delhi :):);) End of the year, completing Spiti is the target and it would be wonderful to do it with this family which never disappoints

 

Always wanted to do Spiti in winter which is one of the most challenging drives. 4X4 is a must and we have to be prepared for everything. It will all be lost in snow and you never know which route stays closed in this track. June to August would be the best time to visit this paradise :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2018 at 6:41 PM, Sridhar Tandra said:

Hola All,

 

I was thinking of the top 3 drives that I would do with ID family while I was going through various drive reports on our forum and wanted to list them down and see how many of you have similar thoughts and which would be the top 3 drives in common! These drives can be repetitive (you have done it with ID already) or you may have missed it because you joined the family late or missed it due to various reasons..!! Let's start!!!!

 

My top 3 drives that I would love to do with ID are

 

1) Koilsagar

2) Rann of Kutch

3) Spiti Valley / Chitkul, The last village of India

 Have not done any :( .. but I would probably be excited about Rann of Kutch.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

On a different note though..

How often are  the meet up's  conducted in a calendar year?

I know one is coming up in July 2nd week ..

Would there be any plans during winter or rest of the year? (Be it long,short,overnight)..

 

Yes, drives are organised quite often leaving the summer alone. We are being constrained to 4 long drives per year so far but, short drives are being organised pretty often. We try to avoid the drives in the usual summer because of the soaring hot weather. We have a monsoon drive lined up around August / September. Will post more details on this soon. Stay Tuned  :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sagar said:

 

Yes, drives are organised quite often leaving the summer alone. We are being constrained to 4 long drives per year so far but, short drives are being organised pretty often. We try to avoid the drives in the usual summer because of the soaring hot weather. We have a monsoon drive lined up around August / September. Will post more details on this soon. Stay Tuned  :)

Always tuned since I got my new car :D .. just waiting to get away from the city and office :P

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sahil said:

Please add one of these to the list - 

Mulshi ghat and Tamhini ghat

Mahabaleshwar & Panchgani, Road trip, Monsoon Drive

 

 

We are planning to have other places in the same ghat region for this year's monsoon drive apart from the one's which we have done in the past. There's a lot more to be explored in this paradise.

The dates and plan will be out before July 3rd week ends. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Our picks

    • Hyderabad to Hamsaladeevi Beach - A hidden paradise, Andhra Pradesh
      Hyderabad to Hamsaladeevi Beach - A hidden Paradise
       
      After a long wait for the December trip, we kick started our vacation to the most beautiful Hamsaladeevi beach located in the Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh.
       
      Usually many of them skip this place due to lack of accommodation, but you will find a decent stay in Vijayawada which is around 80 kms approximately from Hamsaladeevi. It is definitely worth travelling so far to see the beauty of this Sagara Sangamam, where river Krishna meets the Bay of Bengal.
       
      We started at an early hour from Hyderabad and reached Vijayawada by 10 AM and checked into the OYO hotel. There are no food joints available at Hamsaladeevi beach so we packed the lunch from the hotel and headed out. Vijayawada to Hamsaladeevi drive took us 3 hours with some breaks.
       
      Hamsaladeevi village is 24 kms away from Avanigadda and we reached Hamsaladeevi by 3 PM. After a long drive from Hyderabad, there was an adrenaline rush gushing out to see this most beautiful place and couldn't wait to snap the sandy beach and the 'river-beach' meeting point. This point is 2 km away from the beach (From Hamsaladeevi village, beach is 4 kms) and we drove our car on the beach side shore to the port to see the confluence.

       
      Distance : 376 km
      Ride: Honda City
      Fuel : Petrol
      Mileage : 15 kmpl
      Hotel : OYO rooms (2000/- per night)
       
      Best Route 2016
      Hyderabad --> Suryapet --> Vijayawada -->Pedapulipaka --> Madduru --> Thotlavalluru --> Nimmagadda --> Avanigadda --> Nagayalanka --> Chodavaram --> Hamsaladeevi Beach
       
      Note: Don't take any diversions from the mentioned route else you might end up between bad conditioned roads and longer distances as you pass 
        • Like
      • 82 replies
    • Hyderabad to Srisailam road trip and guide
      Hyderabad to Srisailam Guide
      Distance :
      220 kilometers
       
        • Like
      • 70 replies
    • Hyderabad to vikarabad, Ananthagiri Hills and Kotepally dam road trip.
      Vikarabad,Ananthagiri Hills
        • Like
      • 81 replies
    • Trip to Uttarakhand - 2021
      Trip
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 13 replies
    • Gottam gutta - A place worth visiting
      The covid19 pandemic is not over. We request travelers to follow SMS
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 30 replies
×
×
  • Create New...