TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Honda Amaze 2018: Some not so talked about facts

Pralay

989344819_2018HondaAmazeHdWallpaper.jpg.735e6977f50f08899d17bf64bbce2408.jpg

Just now coming from a TD to check new Honda Amaze. As most of the information, images & videos, driving experiences etc. are available in the internet/youtube, I will just put some otherwise ignored facts:-

EXTERIOR:

1) Top variant is equipped with 15" rims wrapped in 175/65 section tyres.

2) However spare wheel is an inch smaller at 14 inch. God knows why they need to do that! 

3) Talking about tyres, full plastic cladding at the front wheel arches. (at least on the top end, not sure about other variants). I Forgot about the rear one, sorry.

4) Comes with LED DRL but doen't get Projector headlamps.

INTERIOR:

1) IRVM does not get auto-dimming function.

2) No spring-loaded grab handles are provided and none of them gets a coat hook

3) While amaze gets rear parking camera, but misses out on adaptive guidelines which indicate the path that the car is going to take (based on steering input)

4) No rear AC vent, but the AC is effective. At the rear, USB charger is provided

5) Passenger side request sensor is provided for convenience:thumbs up.

6) Sun visors are not great in design & feel. Driver-side unit does not even get a flap to hold tickets, while passenger side misses out vanity mirror lights

7) Glove box doesn't get illumination.

8 ) Cheap cost cutting: Tailgate does not get full black plastic cladding on the inside (full plastic cladding at the front wheel arches but no cladding here, god knows who decides all these!). The effect? ugly looking bare metal like this upon opening the boot:

2.jpg.a4f157bb6185284174727476c76b288b.jpg

9) All four door pockets can take 1 litre bottle

10) An armrest with two cup holders at the rear but rear seat doesn't get adjustable head rest! Talk about understanding the typical Indian mentality: who cares about whiplash injury when you can show off that armrest & cup holders!! Surely Honda understood us very well.

11) Power window console is good, One-touch up and down functionality has been provided only for the driver's window:

1.jpg.83686f864ff6fdee9888f47cec753688.jpg

12) Speed sensitive locking is provided at around 15-20 Kmph speed.

Cheers!

Pralay

• Like 4

Nice report Pralay.
We test drove both Amaze and Yaris.

We are looking for a Automatic for my father.

We shortlisted these two cars.

Amaze :
Amaze has improved a lot compared to previous version. 

Interiors doesn't look cheap. 
Though the cost cutting is evident. 

Diesel automatic pricing is game changer. It has best gearbox(CVT) when compared with the competition. 

Yaris:
Loved the car. 
Drive quality and gear box is excellent. No nonsense car. 
Top end it priced around 17 lakhs. Toyota is mad?
Value for money is zero.
We can buy Creta automatic diesel for that price. 
Overall Verna and City are much better than Yaris. 

Guess what if we add another 3 lakhs we will get a Innova Automatic. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great report on the Honda Amaze @Pralay. First look at the new amaze, reminded me of the Chevrolet Uva Sail with the Honda's signature grill in front but, I feel this has set some new benchmarks in few areas for the other competitors in the segment. I hope they price it well on par with the new swift dzire and not more than that. But, I m pretty sure that this will be a player in it's segment after dzire. :)

• Like 2

On 5/21/2018 at 9:24 AM, karthik said:

Nice report Pralay.
We test drove both Amaze and Yaris.

We are looking for a Automatic for my father.

Hey thanks! Pleasure man!

Among the two shortlisted I would recommend Amaze as:

1) Less costly

2) its for your father so tried & tested Amaze would be hassle free for them as compare to yaris which is all new

3) Size of Amaze is compact as compare to Yaris, so daily commute/parking in city traffic will be much more easier in Amaze

If you still are still looking for bigger cars than Amaze then Verna, City can also be considered.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:22 AM, sagar said:

Great report on the Honda Amaze @Pralay. First look at the new amaze, reminded me of the Chevrolet Uva Sail with the Honda's signature grill in front but, I feel this has set some new benchmarks in few areas for the other competitors in the segment. I hope they price it well on par with the new swift dzire and not more than that. But, I m pretty sure that this will be a player in it's segment after dzire. :)

Thanks Sagar!

Not sure about chevy sail, but looks great in person for sure as against the outgoing model

Only thing is missing essentials of the segment like projector headlights, Auto IRVM etc could have been added (at least considering dzire is offering these goodies)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pralay said:

Among the two shortlisted I would recommend Amaze as:

Makes sense, Yaris is over priced and Value for money is very less.

On the other hand Amaze diesel Auto(CVT) will be value for money.

Either stick to Amaze or Consider Verna/City. 

Top end Yaris(petrol auto) for 17 lakhs on road is shocking, you will get a Creta top end(Auto) for that price. 

• Like 1