TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Hyderabad: How to renew Vehicle Registration without agent?

sankalpk

Inspired by https://www.trifod.com/topic/1682-hyderabad-how-to-remove-bank-hypothecation-without-agent/

----

I recently got my old bike's registration renewed at RTA Manikonda (near Marichettu Junction). Did this during the week prior to the expiry of the original RC from 2009. Here is an overview of my experience, in case it is helpful to others.

It took ~1 hour at the RTA total.

1. Book appointment online at https://tgtransport.net/TGCFSTONLINE/Registration/RegistrationOnline.aspx
    1. Pay Green Tax if unpaid
      1. If unpaid, when you click Get Details, it won’t get the details, instead it will show red error message at the top of the page saying Green Tax not paid
      2. I paid ₹2000/- here
    2. If after paying green tax, the system begins to say “Not Found” for your vehicle, it is an old AP Number and you need to get it migrated to the new DB
      1. Visit RTA and directly enter Server Room (don’t stand in any queue anything)
      2. Show them Original RC and request migration
        1. Tell them it says "Not Found" when you fill out the Registration Renewal form and click "Get Details"
      3. They will ask for your particulars like Name, Phone No (and Aadhar if the employee is feeling like it)
      4. And they’ll do the migration, after which the Not Found will not happen any more
    3. Pay the service charge (it was ₹1435/- for me)
      1. Note down your Application Number. It is needed as the search term in all online forms like rescheduling/cancelling appointment, checking Application status etc.
  2. NO NEED TO REPAIR BIKE. IF IT WORKS IT IS GOOD ENOUGH. COSMETICS DONT MATTER
  3. ADDRESS PROOF IS NOT REQUIRED IN THIS PROCESS
  4. Ensure Bike has Valid Insurance & PUC
  5. Show up to the RTA Office at Appointment Date, ~1 hour in advance, with Original RC, ID Proof etc.
    (they don't actually care about the precise appointment slot timing... just show up the same day, preferably before their lunch break)
    1. For ID Proof, carry Aadhar OR PAN OR Passport (for me Passport worked)
    2. The police person taking photograph will refuse to accept
      1. Driver’s License or any other item
      2. Anything in DigiLocker
  6. Go to nearby Xerox store, get the following (some of these things you can print and bring from home)
    1. Plastic Pouch (put the Original RC in this)
    2. Printout of Application (all pages)
    3. Printout of Insurance
    4. Xerox of PUC
    5. Printout of your Aadhar Card
    6. Xerox / Printout of your ID Proof (DL / Passport / PAN)
  7. Staple all these items together in the order they are listed above
    1. Staple in a way that the Original RC cannot slip / fall out of the Plastic Pouch
    2. Xerox shop owners usually help with this
  8. Take this stapled stack of documents having your RC at the top (also stapled, in the plastic pouch) to the Counter
    (ask the Security Guard or any helpful bystander which is the counter for RC Renewal)
  9. The person at the counter will issue you a green receipt after verifying your documents. They will not keep your stack of documents & RC. You keep that with you.
    1. This green receipt is the only thing that you will retain after everything is done: Do not lose it.
  10. Take the receipt to the Photos Room, where Police Personnel will verify your details. Then
    1. Get your Photo taken
    2. Sign on the digital pad
  11. Go to the Inspection place now, with your vehicle & documents
    (ask where it is… in RTA Rangareddy Manikonda it is the parking lot opposite the Pick n Grab Supermarket next to the RTA Office)
  12. Park your bike in the inspection area where others are parking theirs
    (keep adequate distance on each side, because you need to tilt the bike during inspection, for Engine No. verification)
  13. Submit your Original RC & stack of documents to the Police Personnel who come for verification
  14. Help them in whatever way, like tilting the bike when asked
  15. They will look at Chassis No. and Engine No. and make sure they match what is printed in your application
  16. They will keep the RC & Stack of Documents

You can now leave, and you can keep checking the status of your application, using its Application Number, at https://tgtransport.net/TGCFSTONLINE/ > Online Transactions > Registration > Application Status

Once the status says "Registration Certificate Has Printed And Dispatched With EMS No: JDXXXXXXXXXIN" you should check for it at https://www.indiapost.gov.in/_layouts/15/dop.portal.tracking/trackconsignment.aspx (Speed Post Tracking).

If it does not appear in Speed Post Tracking in a day or two, visit the RTA and collect personally:

1. Carry the Green Receipt (from step 9 above) with you --- without it they will not give you the RC
  2. Visit after Lunch time preferably. Pre-lunch they did not let me in (the police chap said come back at 2:30 PM)
    1. I got there at 2:30, but the door opened at 3PM, and the officer at the RC Counter came by 3:20

RC was collected by me personally and now I have 5 more years of validity on the Bike! :)

Ps: New RCs don't have the Owner Signature on them (not visible to me at least) even though there is an owner signature area on them, and one chap there --- agent --- said that this is normal.

Edited by sankalpk
Add info about RC Collection in person
  • Like 1