TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

New.Maruti Ignis

suniljgbt

Guys..This is a new car launched inJan 2017. I could see this so tiny compare to Swift. Any one tested this so far?
Sent from my SM-G930F using India-drive mobile app

We shouldn't compare this to the Swift. It's smaller to the Swift. Comparable to Kwid, Eon, Go. Heard that it has features than any other car in that segment. ABS and dual airbags standard across all versions, petrol and diesel engines, touch screen display, automatic climate control, endless customisation options given by Maruti Suzuki, cost is lesser than swift car is stronger than swift. Read in many magazines.

Miles to go before I sleep
Sent from my Asus using India-Drive app

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Krish said:

We shouldn't compare this to the Swift. It's smaller to the Swift. Comparable to Kwid, Eon, Go. Heard that it has features than any other car in that segment. ABS and dual airbags standard across all versions, petrol and diesel engines, touch screen display, automatic climate control, endless customisation options given by Maruti Suzuki, cost is lesser than swift car is stronger than swift. Read in many magazines.

Thanks for the update. Price of diesel version Zeta (generally in Maruti terms its VDI) quoted around 8 lacks. which is.almost nearer to SWIFT vdi. Though it has 1.2 liters 4 cylinder engine, too conjusted and back seat is strictly for two passengers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, suniljgbt said:

Thanks for the update. Price of diesel version Zeta (generally in Mariti terms its VDI) quoted around 8lacks.which is.almost nearer to SWIFT vdi. Though it has 1.2 litres 4 cylinder engine, two conjusted and backside stricktly for two passengers.

True that. But safety wise is better than the Swift.

7 minutes ago, suniljgbt said:

Thanks for the update. Price of diesel version Zeta (generally in Mariti terms its VDI) quoted around 8lacks.which is.almost nearer to SWIFT vdi. Though it has 1.2 litres 4 cylinder engine, two conjusted and backside stricktly for two passengers.

Or else grand i10 is the car. Safety plus space.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

HI guys..

Got hands on Ignis recently.

Very funky design.. Lots of Detailing..ignis.jpg

ignis 2.jpg

This is not the top end model.. so no touch screen..Though had driven both Manual top end & AMT in petrol.

Plastic quality all over the car, like door pad, beside centre console as usual feels very very flimsy. Huge disappointment for nexa line up models i feel. Though big thumps up that Maruti had made Dual Airbag, ABS with EBD standard across the variants. Top end comes with projector headlamp & nice DRL. I took TD during late evening, & Projector headlamp worked brilliantly. Competitor like face-lifted grand i10 does not come with projector headlamp & EBD even on top trim & lower variants of Grand gets only driver side airbags as standard which is a big let down for brand like Hyundai as Hyundai is always well known for its feature rich cars. But this time Maruti Suzuki had taken the game forward with Ignis.  Btw, I just forgot to mention that Seatbelts & Airbags in Ignis are supplied by Ashi Mori & not by Takata. And Ignis is loaded with puddle lamp as well.

Bit of loading leap at the boot.. But genuine enough for weekend trips or airport transfers. rear seat comes with very handy 60:40 split option. 

space inside the cabin is best for 4 occupants. Great headroom due to tall boy design, though shoulder room can be an issue for 5th occupants.

View from the back, almost blocked:

ignis 3.jpg

Rear bottle holder, Just putting as perspective.. Doubt whether bottle holder can house one litre bottle.  This is a 50 ml bottle.

ignis 4.jpg

Front looks really really appealing.. Especially blue-white combination works brilliantly. Though white inside the cabin will get soiled in long run.

Now about the drive:

Well at first I tried Petrol manual, comes with same old engine which is brilliant. In Ignis the story is no different, its peppy as before. Though I felt, engine is best above 2000 RPM. Maruti is brilliant when it comes to ride & handling, Ignis is well sorted in this department as well. Though steering feels bit on a softer side. Got a chance to drive in a curvy section.

While pushing Into the corner the steering wheel weigh up a little bit, but not that much. I just get that initial turn in very nicely, tails steps out..front goes in but then the softer steering wheel dont give that confidence ;  it's not that bad either, but still.. Little bit of weight could have been better. So overall its okay to push this car into the corner but you have to be bit cautious. Otherwise, turning radius was good, driving in a city condition was breeze. At this point of time I will game for Ignis than the grand i10 though again interior of the grand feels lot more roomier, posh & decent than Ignis which comes with unnecessary funky designs which I personally dint like. 

AMT:

Well after the manual AMT was kinda boring for me. It really takes time to change the gear. You will definitely hear the engine is roaring for upshift, on that case you can just shift to semi manual mode to control at your choice. 

AMT was just like another AMT & it does not come in top end model. So you will miss out goodies like Projector headlamp, DRLs, rear camera, touchscreen etc. I would surely suggest to go for Manual version.

As on Mid Feb, Manual Top end was quoted at 8.20 lakhs on road Hyderabad.

Cheers!!
Pralay

All rights reserved for the content & images of the post.

• Like 3

Nice report.
Takata airbags are always worst.. good that they've fixed Aishi Mori airbags in that car. And Maruti Suzuki never changes in the quality department.

Less quality for low cost cars such as 800 and K10 is accepted but something of a better quality is expected from a car which is sold in Nexa. And the interiors are bit sporty, liked the music system screen which resembles the one in the Audi's and Merc's. In the designing department they've developed a lot, my personal opinion.

Hope they develop gradually.

• Like 1

in this case..how abt new Grand i10

New grand i10 top trim will miss out EBD, projector headlamp, ISOFIX option, 16inch alloys etc. Which are there in ignis. Though I still feel grand's interior is way better than ignis.For lower trims new grand i10 will miss out dual airbags, EBD, 16 inch tyre etc.

So at this point I will game for ignis over grand, mainly bcz of safety features are more in ignis, Though I own grand for nearly 2 years now, and am totally satisfied with it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pralay said:

New grand i10 top trim will miss out EBD, projector headlamp, ISOFIX option, 16inch alloys etc. Which are there in ignis. Though I still feel grand's interior is way better than ignis.For lower trims new grand i10 will miss out dual airbags, EBD, 16 inch tyre etc.

So at this point I will game for ignis over grand, mainly bcz of safety features are more in ignis, Though I own grand for nearly 2 years now, and am totally satisfied with it.

But all these features of ignis are coming with a high price tag as compare to grand. If someone is buying Grand Top model &  can live without some additional features(like EBD, 16" tyre etc.) then better to go for Grand. As anyday grand's Interior is much much better than ignis. The quality level of interior in Hyundai cars recently are absolutely top notch & Ignis is not coming closer to that

• 4 weeks later...

I've Tested The Ignis

Speaking my mind....

Ignis is the stupidest car anyone can buy, especially the top end diesel variant which is costing around 9.5 Laks for that kinda money you can buy the car placed beside that very Ignis, The baleno which costs 10.5 Laks, elite i20 sportz diesel which costs the same as ignis, Yu can get the compact sedan swift dezire for the same price (Even lesser as maruti Suzuki gives yu their special discounts) tata zest, Swift and a basic Maruti Suzuki Ciaz... These cars just came to my mind...you can find a lot more on a car website.

Im a 6 feet above guy, my friend who is 5'7 was seated in the back seat as I made myself comfortable in front seat.. His knees weren't touching the rear of the front seat, they were hugging them...

How stupid can their so called tallboy design isn't designed for tall boys nd comfortably 4 passengers?

As far as the engine goes..its the same shit from Suzuki

I don't really find half a point in buying this Car

2 hours ago, 4GSK said:

top end diesel variant which is costing around 9.5 Laks

For that price you can buy a EcoSport eyes closed.

In India any car that is taller will sell.
Indians loves raised look, Launch any car with SUV aesthetics, it will sell in huge numbers.

People will never understand the definition of SUV.

• Like 1

For that price you can buy a EcoSport eyes closed.

In India any car that is taller will sell.
Indians loves raised look, Launch any car with SUV aesthetics, it will sell in huge numbers.

People will never understand the definition of SUV.

Renault Kwid is a far better alternative, which is half the price

Sent from my D2502 using India-Drive mobile app