Jump to content
TriFOD

Join our roadtrip WhatsApp group

  • Welcome!

    Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Hyderabad to Goa


Dhruv
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dear Friends, 

 

I am planning a road trip to Goa (Candolim) with my one year old child. I would greatly appreciate some specific feedback on the most ideal route to take. 

 

Other than what Google is showing as regular routes, I was contemplating Hyderabad - Solapur - Kolhapur - Nipani - Goa.

Edited by Dhruv
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join our roadtrip WhatsApp group

3 hours ago, Dhruv said:

Dear Friends, 

 

I am planning a road trip to Goa with my one year old child. I would greatly appreciate some specific feedback on the most ideal route to take. 

 


Hi Dhruv,

Hyderabad to Goa latest road condition update.
 
Splitting the roads into different sections to give clear information. 

Best route to Goa? It always varies from year to year.
 
Best route:
Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Gulbarga >  Vijayapura > Bagalkot > Belgaum > Dodamarg > Goa

Hyderabad to Humnabad: Excellent 4-lane road 

Humnabad to Gulbarga : Smooth 2-lane road, you can take Gulbarga outer ring road to skip the traffic

Gulbarga to Belgaum : Smooth 2-lane road, some of it has a toll

Belgaum to Goa: Roads are not so great blame the recent rains, few patches are pathetic. 
 

Food:
Zaheerabad
Gulbarga
Belgaum
 
People using Google maps, split your route into different sections

Section 1: 
Hyderabad to Gulbarga, it should be via Zaheerabad

Section 2:
Gulbarga to Belgaum, single lane road but it is pothole free

Section 3:
Belgaum to Goa, make sure you put exact location in Goa (example : Anjuna beach) 
 
Drive time
Total drive time including breaks is 14~15 hours..
Don't get fooled by google times. 

Lots of village traffic followed by ghat section, will kill your average speed.
 

Worst route is via Raichur, completely avoid it.  


Do share your feedback and experience on your trip after you finish up.. 

 

Safe Drives!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI Dhruv,

I will just add my experience over the nice details already shared by Sagar in the above post. Solapur-Nipani route condition has been very inconsistent, and you can avoid that for sure (disclaimer: I last drove on this route 2-years ago; Solapur-Kolhapur-Nipani-Belagavi). However, if you want to enter Goa (especially North Goa) via Gandhinglaj - Amboli Ghat, then you might think of Solapur-NIpani -Amboli ghat, after assessing the current road conditions. I have not driven on Amboli ghat, but have read good reviews

 

I went to Goa in Feb 2020, so I agree with suggestion from Sagar.

Best route is via Zaheerabad>>Humnabad>>Gulbarga>>Vijayapura>>Bagalkote>>Belagavi (Belagum);   Belagavi has been the Port of entry to Goa for me always, irrespective of my destination being North or South Goa. Route options from Belagavi are: 1) Chorla-Sanquelim (preferred for North Goa or Panjim); 2) Anmod-Mollem (preferred for South Goa); 3) Dodamarg (for North Goa again). I have mostly taken Chorla.

 

Few additional suggestions about Gulbarga-Belagavi section

As mentioned by Sagar, take the ring road of Gulbarga, to by-pass the city, and move on to take Gulbarga-Jevargi road (NH-50); google mostly advises to take Highway 150E. However, my recommendation would be to take Jevargi road. Before reaching Jevargi, take the by-pass road and stay on Jevargi-Vijayapura road (NH-50). There will be 2 toll booths on Jevargi-Vijayapura road; so, we can be sure that this patch will be good most of the time. You will get decent options to take a break, till Humnabad, and then just before Gulbarga, and on Jevargi-Vijayapura route.

 

 

Since I planned to take a break at Vijayapura, I entered the city and had lunch at very famous Qaswa Hills restaurant (just 2 Km inside from the Ring Road). Or, else, you can take ring-road just before entering the city and take NH-52 (Vijayapura-Bagalkote road via Kohlar bridge on Krishna River). This section was also very good, with 1-2 very small under-construction patches. The Bagalkot-Belagaum road (2-lane) was not as smooth as it used to be, but had no potholes, at least.

 

Other Route to Goa: 

Few years back, Raichur-Bagalkote-Belagavi route was very common; mostly because Hyderabad-Pune Highway was under construction. Since, Mahbubnagar-Raichur section was very bad (i think still in bad shape), I took (3 years ago) Beechupalli-Gadwal-Raichur-Bagalkote (via Lingsugur)-Belagavi, and it was good

 

Anyways, Raichur route is not so popular, unless you want to cover the Heritage Sites (Hampi or Badami) on the way to Goa

 

Enjoy your Trip. Let us know if you need more information

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Kshitiz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Sagar, Gowtham and Kshitiz, 

 

I cannot thank you enough for your guidance. It's much appreciated. I will take your inputs into account while planning the trip. It's still a few weeks away. 

 

Kshitiz - I am very familiar with the route from Kolhapur / Nipani to Goa (Panjim). I used to ply this route several times a year when I used to live in Pune and know it like the back of my hand. The only section I am unsure of is from Solapur to Kolhapur or Nipani. The other two sections (Hyd - Solapur; Nipani - Panjim via Amboli & Sawantwadi) are a breeze. The Amboli Ghat is a pretty sight but can give a head spin to the best of people as it's a steep drive down the hill. And ideally, you don't need to enter from Belgaum if you're traveling to North Goa. 

 

Since I am traveling with my kiddo, I just want to stick to a route that has more options to stay / take a break, and therefore I was keen on exploring the route via Kolhapur/ Nipani. 

 

Will keep the thread posted with details of the trip. Meanwhile, any input on Solapur to Kolhapur section will be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Dhruv
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Kshitiz said:

Enjoy your Trip. Let us know if you need more information

 

Wow that is most detailed report ever. Great information (truly passionate)
 

34 minutes ago, Dhruv said:

herefore I was keen on exploring the route via Kolhapur/ Nipani. 

 

I think it is better to avoid Solapur road.
Hyderabad to Goa can be done in a single day.
Start early in the morning and plan well.

You can avoid accommodation. 

 

Take the route suggest by Sagar, we have done this route in December drive was very stress free. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI Dhruv

9 hours ago, Dhruv said:

Hi Sagar, Gowtham and Kshitiz, 

 

I cannot thank you enough for your guidance. It's much appreciated. I will take your inputs into account while planning the trip. It's still a few weeks away. 

 

Kshitiz - I am very familiar with the route from Kolhapur / Nipani to Goa (Panjim). I used to ply this route several times a year when I used to live in Pune and know it like the back of my hand. The only section I am unsure of is from Solapur to Kolhapur or Nipani. The other two sections (Hyd - Solapur; Nipani - Panjim via Amboli & Sawantwadi) are a breeze. The Amboli that is a pretty sight but can give a head spin to the best of people as it's a steep drive down the hill. And ideally, you don't need to enter from Belgaum if you're traveling to North Goa. 

 

Since I am traveling with my kiddo, I just want to stick to a route that has more options to stay / take a break, and therefore I was keen on exploring the route via Kolhapur/ Nipani. 

 

Will keep the thread posted with details of the trip. Meanwhile, any input on Solapur to Kolhapur section will be greatly appreciated. 

HI Dhruv, Based on your experience, I will also take Amboli ghat section for my next Goa trip. Thanks for sharing. Regarding, Solapur to Kohlapur, 25% part will be Pune-Bengaluru highway (from Karad) so no problems; however, I am doubtful about Solapur-Karad part; also if you go via Sangili-Miraj. So take your decision wisely. Happy Driving. Do share your experience of whichever route you take.

Edited by Kshitiz
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 7:04 PM, sagar said:


Hi Dhruv,

Hyderabad to Goa latest road condition update.
 
Splitting the roads into different sections to give clear information. 

Best route to Goa? It always varies from year to year.
 
Best route:
Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Gulbarga >  Vijayapura > Bagalkot > Belgaum > Dodamarg > Goa

Hyderabad to Humnabad: Excellent 4-lane road 

Humnabad to Gulbarga : Smooth 2-lane road, you can take Gulbarga outer ring road to skip the traffic

Gulbarga to Belgaum : Smooth 2-lane road, some of it has a toll

Belgaum to Goa: Roads are not so great blame the recent rains, few patches are pathetic. 
 

Food:
Zaheerabad
Gulbarga
Belgaum
 
People using Google maps, split your route into different sections

Section 1: 
Hyderabad to Gulbarga, it should be via Zaheerabad

Section 2:
Gulbarga to Belgaum, single lane road but it is pothole free

Section 3:
Belgaum to Goa, make sure you put exact location in Goa (example : Anjuna beach) 
 
Drive time
Total drive time including breaks is 14~15 hours..
Don't get fooled by google times. 

Lots of village traffic followed by ghat section, will kill your average speed.
 

Worst route is via Raichur, completely avoid it.  


Do share your feedback and experience on your trip after you finish up.. 

 

Safe Drives!

Hi Sagar, can you please throw some light on this route in case you are aware of 

Dargaroad - ORR – Chevella – Manneguda – Pargi – Sedam – Kalaburagi Ring Road – Jevargi – Vijayapura – Sarawad – Mudhol – Sankeshwar – Ajara – Amboli ghat – Banda – Pernem – Arambol beach

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2020 at 2:57 AM, Subho75 said:

Dargaroad - ORR – Chevella – Manneguda – Pargi – Sedam – Kalaburagi Ring Road – Jevargi – Vijayapura – Sarawad – Mudhol – Sankeshwar – Ajara – Amboli ghat – Banda – Pernem – Arambol beach

 

This old route. Avoid it.
New route is via Zaheerabad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2020 at 11:55 PM, Dhruv said:

Since I am traveling with my kiddo, I just want to stick to a route that has more options to stay / take a break, and therefore I was keen on exploring the route via Kolhapur/ Nipani. 

 

Will keep the thread posted with details of the trip.

Hey Dhruv,

 

How did your trip go? What is the route you finally took? We are planning to travel next month with our 1 year old as well, so want to be prepared before we hit the road. Do share your insights 😃

 

Regards,

Sasikanth

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sasikanth said:

Hey Dhruv,

 

How did your trip go? What is the route you finally took? We are planning to travel next month with our 1 year old as well, so want to be prepared before we hit the road. Do share your insights 😃

 

Regards,

Sasikanth


 

   On 9/19/2020 at 3:24 PM,  Dhruv said: 

Dear Friends, 

 

I am planning a road trip to Goa with my one year old child. I would greatly appreciate some specific feedback on the most ideal route to take. 

 


Hi @Sasikanth

Best route:
Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Gulbarga > Vijayapura > Bagalkot > Belgaum > Dodamarg > Goa

Hyderabad to Humnabad: Excellent 4-lane road 

Humnabad to Gulbarga : Smooth 2-lane road, you can take Gulbarga outer ring road to skip the traffic

Gulbarga to Belgaum : Smooth 2-lane road, some of it has a toll

Belgaum to Goa: Roads are not so great blame the recentrains, few patches are pathetic. 
 

Food:
Zaheerabad
Gulbarga
Belgaum
 
People using Google maps, split your route into different sections

Section 1: 
Hyderabad to Gulbarga, it should be via Zaheerabad

Section 2:
Gulbarga to Belgaum, single lane road but it is pothole free

Section 3:
Belgaum to Goa, make sure you put exact location in Goa (example : Anjuna beach) 
 
Drive time
Total drive time including breaks is 14~15 hours..

 

Be sure to start off early atleast by 4 AM from Hyderabad so as to reach Goa by sunset

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sagar said:

Be sure to start off early atleast by 4 AM from Hyderabad so as to reach Goa by sunset

 

Thanks Sagar for the quick reply. We plan to start at around 3:00 AM to ensure that we reach before sunset. We want to be extra careful given that we are travelling with a 1 year old. I've already mapped the route based on your earlier post. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi Dhruv,

 

Yes we did make the trip. Started from Hyderabad at 3 in the morning and reached our hotel in South Goa by 7:30 in the evening. Took a couple of long breaks including a detour into Belgaum for food.

 

The roads are good but for a couple of patches in between. The road from Belgaum to Anmod is bad. The jungle stretch is narrow and tests your patience especially if there's a slow driver in front of you. The ghats from Anmod are alright again. 

 

We're travelling back tomorrow mostly on the same route. Will give you more updates once back. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sasikanth said:

Hi Dhruv,

 

Yes we did make the trip. Started from Hyderabad at 3 in the morning and reached our hotel in South Goa by 7:30 in the evening. Took a couple of long breaks including a detour into Belgaum for food.

 

The roads are good but for a couple of patches in between. The road from Belgaum to Anmod is bad. The jungle stretch is narrow and tests your patience especially if there's a slow driver in front of you. The ghats from Anmod are alright again. 

 

We're travelling back tomorrow mostly on the same route. Will give you more updates once back. 


Waiting for your post to get your full details about the stay options in South Goa and some pictures as well 😊.. Have a safe drive back. Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sasikanth said:

Hi Dhruv,

 

Yes we did make the trip. Started from Hyderabad at 3 in the morning and reached our hotel in South Goa by 7:30 in the evening. Took a couple of long breaks including a detour into Belgaum for food.

 

The roads are good but for a couple of patches in between. The road from Belgaum to Anmod is bad. The jungle stretch is narrow and tests your patience especially if there's a slow driver in front of you. The ghats from Anmod are alright again. 

 

We're travelling back tomorrow mostly on the same route. Will give you more updates once back. 

Good Luck with the drive back, Sasikanth. 

 

Edited by Dhruv
Spelling errors
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...