Jump to content
TriFOD
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Route to Mahabaleshwar


Johney
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

 

I am planning a trip to Mahabaleshwar this Long weekend but wanted to check with regards to the road condition. Team, please let me know if anyone has current information regarding the to the current situation as I am travelling with family.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are good to do this drive pretty comfortably .. start early and be sure to cross Panchgani before it gets dark..

 

Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Solapur - Phaltan (Diversion from the highway) - Wathar - Wai - Panchgani - Mahabaleshwar.

 

Your journey will slow down from Phaltan to Wai as you pass through lot of small towns in between (Mix of single lane and double lane roads). The road condition is a mix Good roads and average roads. Usually you go through a lot of pot holes in these regions due to monsoon.

 

Also refer to the recent travelogue below:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Johney said:

Roads are in pretty good shape, I would say 70% are Very good (a few diversions) and the rest 30 % are broken patches.

 

We reached in under 10 Hrs. Started at 9:30 PM and reached the palce at 6:30 AM.

 

Thank you for the update.
Helpful.
So share some pictures of your trip as well.

Hope fog wont create issues at the view points.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Johney said:

Roads are in pretty good shape, I would say 70% are Very good (a few diversions) and the rest 30 % are broken patches.

 

We reached in under 10 Hrs. Started at 9:30 PM and reached the palce at 6:30 AM.

 

Thanks much for updating us back on the latest road status to Mahabaleshwar @Johney. Do share a short and crisp log on your trip if possible.. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Our picks

    • Hyderabad to Hamsaladeevi Beach - A hidden paradise, Andhra Pradesh
      Hyderabad to Hamsaladeevi Beach - A hidden Paradise
       
      After a long wait for the December trip, we kick started our vacation to the most beautiful Hamsaladeevi beach located in the Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh.
       
      Usually many of them skip this place due to lack of accommodation, but you will find a decent stay in Vijayawada which is around 80 kms approximately from Hamsaladeevi. It is definitely worth travelling so far to see the beauty of this Sagara Sangamam, where river Krishna meets the Bay of Bengal.
       
      We started at an early hour from Hyderabad and reached Vijayawada by 10 AM and checked into the OYO hotel. There are no food joints available at Hamsaladeevi beach so we packed the lunch from the hotel and headed out. Vijayawada to Hamsaladeevi drive took us 3 hours with some breaks.
       
      Hamsaladeevi village is 24 kms away from Avanigadda and we reached Hamsaladeevi by 3 PM. After a long drive from Hyderabad, there was an adrenaline rush gushing out to see this most beautiful place and couldn't wait to snap the sandy beach and the 'river-beach' meeting point. This point is 2 km away from the beach (From Hamsaladeevi village, beach is 4 kms) and we drove our car on the beach side shore to the port to see the confluence.

       
      Distance : 376 km
      Ride: Honda City
      Fuel : Petrol
      Mileage : 15 kmpl
      Hotel : OYO rooms (2000/- per night)
       
      Best Route 2016
      Hyderabad --> Suryapet --> Vijayawada -->Pedapulipaka --> Madduru --> Thotlavalluru --> Nimmagadda --> Avanigadda --> Nagayalanka --> Chodavaram --> Hamsaladeevi Beach
       
      Note: Don't take any diversions from the mentioned route else you might end up between bad conditioned roads and longer distances as you pass 
        • Like
      • 82 replies
    • Hyderabad to Srisailam road trip and guide
      Hyderabad to Srisailam Guide
      Distance :
      220 kilometers
       
        • Like
      • 70 replies
    • Hyderabad to vikarabad, Ananthagiri Hills and Kotepally dam road trip.
      Vikarabad,Ananthagiri Hills
        • Like
      • 81 replies
    • Trip to Uttarakhand - 2021
      Trip
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 13 replies
    • Gottam gutta - A place worth visiting
      The covid19 pandemic is not over. We request travelers to follow SMS
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 30 replies
×
×
  • Create New...