TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Dash Cams in India

How did they miss such a critical part [emoji85]
Installation is easy or do we need to visit a accessories shop?
Any wire cutting? or warranty issues? 
It is very easy, just fix it, plug and play. Only thing you need to buy is the memory card. Suction mount will be there in the box usually
  • Like 2
On 7/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, Sridhar Tandra said:

It is very easy, just fix it, plug and play.

Yeah,
It took some time to route the wires through A-Pillar, but it is DIY.
No need to go to an installer.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, Sridhar Tandra said:

Suction mount will be there in the box usually

Without suction mount, i think it will be difficult to mount the dash cam.
Even Jugad may not be very helpful.

It is better to buy a mount from AliExpress. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2018 at 9:16 AM, ramuc said:

I am planning to buy a Dash Cam
after researching for a while i was stuck with 2 brands
1.YI smart Dash 89006
2.Procus Convoy Car Dash
can anyone please suggest me which one  to opt.
Are there anyone who used Procus Convoy ,if so can you please suggest me whether to consider that or not.

I'm using the Transcend Drivepro 230. It has built in GPS, so it stores time, date and location data. Records video in 1080P. Wi Fi feature allows transfer to Android and iOS phones through the Drivepro app. Bought it from the HVK Store. Cost 14.5K

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, Revhead said:

I'm using the Transcend Drivepro 230. It has built in GPS, so it stores time, date and location data. Records video in 1080P. Wi Fi feature allows transfer to Android and iOS phones through the Drivepro app Cost 14.5K

15k is very high in my opinion.

I got mine for 4k. Using it from the past two years without any problem.

Apart from GPS, I don't see any major feature.

• Like 3

This  terms "DASH Cam With GPS" disappoints many customer like me once they receive the product.   I myself was also thinking earlier that GPS means , it will guide route  using Google Map on screen  and/or it will allow me to Track my car by mobile app. But all this assumptions are wrong.

This transcend,HP or Garmin etc which Provide GPS is just a GPS logger which registers the Geo-Coordinates in the video.  I guess that in USA/Canada where there may be different rules in different state/province, GPS Coordinates are helpful. But in India,  I guess just Video of Accident is enough to prove cause of accident.

Also this High priced dash cam still don't provide rear camera recording for double security and OBD cable for parking mode. For budget dash cam I look forward to Car Camera India.

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Ranger said:

15k is very high in my opinion.

I got mine for 4k. Using it from the past two years without any problem.

I am using the same dash cam for about an year and works well to me too... I guess 14.5K for that is so much :( There are better dash cams for even lesser prices. I am eagerly waiting for the Xiaomi Rear view mirror with dash cam recorder.. :) 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sachin86 said:

This transcend,HP or Garmin etc which Provide GPS is just a GPS logger which registers the Geo-Coordinates in the video.  I guess that in USA/Canada where there may be different rules in different state/province, GPS Coordinates are helpful. But in India,  I guess just Video of Accident is enough to prove cause of accident.

Agree with your points.

GPS is not of a much use in India.

Having GPS will be an added advantage, but 15k is not value for money.

With 15k we are getting almost flag ship phones.I feel it is a day light robbery by Transcend. 

A basic dash camera with good clarity will do.

YI is not bad either, we recently used it in out drive to Chikmagalur.
Clarity is good enough for our usage. 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we present dash cam as proof during accidents?

Yes it's valid as per Information technology act.

But:

•  It should not be tampered with. You should preserve it in its original form, which means : don't do any editing in it.
  • Your camera and whole apparatus would need to be submitted for examination.
  • Make a copy of its recording and get it validated as evidence as per procedure in IT act. ( just in case court/police looses your original recording)
  • Report the matter to police and give them the original version as evidence. (keep a copy after getting it validated, for yourself)

Source: Gurpreet Singh 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Yes it's valid as per Information technology act.

Looks too complicated!

Seen this discussion in WhatsApp group. 

As someone pointed in the group, If we can share mobile pictures/recordings as proof without any issue, why there is an objection for dash-cam.

• Like 3

Any Evidence can be produced before the court of law but it must be testified and tried by the Court during the trial of the case. One should go through with the Indian Evidence Act and prepare the case accordingly. :) 

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...

After using Yi Dashcam for over a year, my satisfaction factor has decreased considerably

1. It stops recording randomly (not sure if its only me) 

2. The suction stand can't withstand Indian heat and falls off when the car is parked under direct sunlight

3. Though images are clear, I noticed that number plates of oncoming vehicles are blurry when we're traveling at 40+ speed and the other vehicle at 20+ speed.. (I tried taking screenshots of the videos to check the # but it didn't work out). I guess a 4k cam would help

4. I now need an in car dashcam (rear dashcam)

I've tried looking on the net and didn't come up with any better options.

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks, 

Vishu

• Like 4

I have three car dash cams in minds after going through many reviews.

1. XIAOMI 70MAI Smart Midrive D01: 

751417262_XIAOMI70MAISmartMidriveD01.jpg.99d3519f3c2d509b1951761f9c28769d.jpg

If if you are new to dash cam and want to try, this would be the best option for you.

2. XIAOMI 70mai Pro Midrive D02 :

1082003088_XIAOMI70maiProMidriveD02.jpeg.3ca7af6efa699a8d5314c94c7c8b9022.jpeg

If you have already experienced some dash cams and looking for a better one with mid budget range, then this one is for you.

3. Viofo A129 Duo Dual Channel :

215574066_ViofoA129DuoDualChannel.jpg.36c699c5c3cdc538e24868d2423a7072.jpg

I recommend this if you are find with the budget.

Note: Images are from google.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Musafir said:

1. XIAOMI 70MAI Smart Midrive D01: 

751417262_XIAOMI70MAISmartMidriveD01.jpg.99d3519f3c2d509b1951761f9c28769d.jpg

If if you are new to dash cam and want to try, this would be the best option for you.

2. XIAOMI 70mai Pro Midrive D02 :

1082003088_XIAOMI70maiProMidriveD02.jpeg.3ca7af6efa699a8d5314c94c7c8b9022.jpeg

If you have already experienced some dash cams and looking for a better one with mid budget range, then this one is for you.

3. Viofo A129 Duo Dual Channel :

215574066_ViofoA129DuoDualChannel.jpg.36c699c5c3cdc538e24868d2423a7072.jpg

I recommend this if you are find with the budget.

Note: Images are from google.

Hi @Musafir, presently I am using Viofo A129 (only front dash cam). I am satisfied with its quality. 

• Like 3

Hi,

I am agree with Musafir's suggestions. They all 3 are very good brands. 

However, I had bitter experience of Custom Clearance and had to pay heavy custom duty while order from Outside India. 

So I bought VIOFO dashcam from here https://www.amazon.in/A129DUO-Recorder-Starvis-Capacitor-Hardwire/dp/B07PZ3QL9B

and I am very happy by its Clarity and Features. 

I also bought VIOFO Hardwire kit & Extra CPL Filter Lens for rear cam from Amazon India so I can keep recording ON when in Movies or parking at unknown places. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Vishu Varanasi said:

Though images are clear, I noticed that number plates of oncoming vehicles are blurry when we're traveling at 40+ speed and the other vehicle at 20+ speed.. (I tried taking screenshots of the videos to check the # but it didn't work out). I guess a 4k cam would help

This problem exists in most of the dash cams.
Plates are not clearly visible above 50 kmph. 

Did you try to very them on PC. In a mobile there will lot of noise, when you zoom in. 

2 hours ago, Musafir said:

Interesting information.

22 minutes ago, sachin86 said:

However, I had bitter experience of Custom Clearance

What is final landing price, inclusive of customs. 

• Like 3

Most of the Chinese dash cams lack quality. They are made to help us during emergency situations. We can't expect them to produce good quality visuals.  Windshield glare itself will kill the quality. GoPro is the only way to get quality footage(outside mount). But it is not an ideal dash cam. Not worth it. 

• Like 2

Most of the Chinese dash cams lack quality: Even Transcend, HP, Garmin manufactured in China, bro. Xioami is from China but it has the quality in Mobile. So Xiaomi backed 70mai may have good quality.  

We can't expect them to produce good quality visuals.: Use VIOFO or 70mai Once or see its video on Youtube.

Windshield glare itself will kill the quality.: VIOFO has optional CPL filter lens which reduces glare very well. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, sachin86 said:

manufactured in China

Two important points to consider:

-Manufactured in China 

-Designed in China

I don't trust the products that are designed in China. I am fine with manufactured in China, more than 90% of electronics are manufactured in China.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, sachin86 said:

So Xiaomi backed 70mai may have good quality.  

Agree with your points, China is way ahead in technology now. We have to accept that fact. 

Their quality improved a lot, they are value for money.

YI, OnePlus..list goes on. They proved that they can provide quality at a decent price. Unlike overpriced American brands. 

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...

My review on DDPAI Mini 2P dash cam after using it for more than 8months

EC7A0114-23DD-466A-A214-C003C720D107.jpeg.c15d621893823a7a035fb1af576a03c8.jpeg

Brand: DDPAI

Model: Mini 2P (2K recording)

Price: 7.5K including hardwiring kit

Place: Amazon 

Link:  https://www.amazon.in/DDPAI-Mini2P-Distortionless-Dynamic-G-Sensor/dp/B07KYWH7MN/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=DDPAI&qid=1573281833&sr=8-2&th=1

The quality is good, but the concern raised by many regarding number plate quality hasn’t been solved. One will find it difficult while looking at the video at speeds more than 50kph but can be readable when paused and zoomed or by zooming a snap. 

This cam doesn’t have a screen, can be controlled by a mobile app. DDPAI mini 2P  comes with a bluetooth shutter button through which we can take snaps on the go.

2C963383-9F42-40B6-B317-05C28895E982.jpeg.3008c10909ab2cf3558ff681c15b3ab8.jpeg

Smaller model DDPAI mini doesn’t come with a shutter button and records in 1080p quality. 

Sample Videos & Images

Night Quality

During Heavy Rains

Few Pictures

6090B746-3B6D-4F2F-8E1F-E286311191DB.jpeg.35c35bf54f40d1a29724ae9cb2b7aa50.jpeg

F44C4F55-BBA4-4116-B292-C00704840EC6.jpeg.22efe329c26f69b2a75a0093b35a4106.jpeg

5D63A8D7-85EA-49E2-8B0D-117FDC8608FE.jpeg.72bbe7ac6462d1356c074c8a1cee6c58.jpeg

Edited by SK01
  • Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

REVIEW POST: DASHCAM: DDPAI MOLA N3

Almost a month back I bought DDPAI mola N3 (without GPS) dashcam. So here is the review of the unit:

Few things I considered while buying the unit:

1. 2K resolution, I should be able to see reg no. as clearly as possible. Also, to get better videos, this will not only serve as dash cam but also will be useful to save good quality scenic drives.

2. Support upto 128 GB MSD

3. 180 degree rotation, this dashcam helps you not only to capture vidoes outside the car, but also you can simply rotate the unit to capture videos inside the cabin as well. The camera unit is attached with a C type connector, one need to just pull it from the connector, flip & fit it again as per wish.

4. Connecting camera, this camera is attached with a mount via C type connector, it means one should ideally connect this camera with laptop via c type cable and need not to take out memory card every time if you wish to save some videos. (Apart from using camera application)

5. Compatible app: One of the crucial criteria for buying one dashcam was that should have a compatible application and this cam does have a decent app in play store.

Things I like:

1. Excellent video quality. Both day & night clips are exceptionally well. Car no. is very much readable during day as well as night, unless headlight falls directly on the number plate and wash out the texts completely.

2. Easy, plug & play installation (if not hardwired).

3. G shock sensor is added in the camera, which means camera captures emergency photos, videos if any jerk detected.

4. USB charger comes with camera, which can be used for charging other devices as well. Some of the dashcams have got integrated charger, leaving user in a difficult situation, either use dashcam charger or any other charger. This is not the case with this model. I am using my old usb charger to power the camera & USB charger which comes with the camera unit is extra kept in car!

Things I did not like:

1. Even though the unit is detachable & connected via C type connector, I thought I can easily connect the unit with laptop or mobile using C type cable, but there’s a kind of bracket surrounded the connecting port. Due to this normal C type cable is not plugging properly. Sure one can connect the unit by applying little force, but that’s not recommended. Unfortunate!

2. The length of the cable provided with the unit is okay, but not great. I dirve Grand i10, and I wanted to use the USB port provided for the rear seat to make the front one clutter free, but cable falls a bit short while I tried to take the cable along the foot board & door seal. Would have been great if it was little longer.

3. App is good but not great, many times it disconnects & buffers while playing media. Although very handy to download & share instantly. Something is always better than nothing.

4. A weird thing I observed, once you connect the camera with your phone using Wi-Fi, you not only looses out of having 3G/4G connection but also at times Bluetooth connection creates problem. That means, while driving if you are on a call or playing music you may experience glitch if the camera is connected with the app. Disconnect the camera, you are good to go!

Attached are the some relevant pics. To see sample videos during day as well as night time head to the link below in our facebook page. Actual quality is way better, the quality gets little compromised if you upload on facebook. Another important thing is I am still using stock headlamp unit of my car, so night clips are captured accordingly. Hope this will be useful for the members. Let me know if any help is required.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/indiadrive/permalink/1309998712672035/

P1.jpeg

P2.jpeg

P3.jpeg

• Like 1