TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Dash Cams in India

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Same case with me, I have not used the Suction Mount yet

How did you install without suction mount on the glass? 

I'm planning to stick using a 3M tape, but I'm not sure if it will leave marks on the windshield. 

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

How did you install without suction mount on the glass? 

I'm planning to stick using a 3M tape, but I'm not sure if it will leave marks on the windshield. 

I have got a same tape / glue type sticky to the mount that I have got with the cam! thats so strong that the cam / mount did not move so far. It has been few months now, I am not sure of the material that is used in that sticker, will refer to the Dashcam box and let you know if I find a clue

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thx fir sharing such a in depth review. I would like to add few points.  Night video quality must be excellent too. Also nobody has time to arrange for laptop to play footage, at that time dash camera having decent screen and inbuilt speaker would be good. 

Also, imagine someone overtaking from wrong side and collides from behind, Front camera will have no evidence. Here comes the importance of rear recording. 

You may search dual recording on Google.

I m personally using this from link

It has all above features just in ₹8500.

Have a safe driving friends m

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Thanks buddy for sharing this info. I have been using the dash cam for over an year now and its very helpful. I have been successful in sharing the pics with traffic police via whatsapp too.

I did enough research before I bought one and planning to pick a new one (pref. EKEN H9R or FITFORT). My suggestion for others who plan to buy... buy one with 170 degrees wide angle with loop recording. Rest all is secondary.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Sai Vardhan said:

Thanks buddy for sharing this info. I have been using the dash cam for over an year now and its very helpful. I have been successful in sharing the pics with traffic police via whatsapp too.

I did enough research before I bought one and planning to pick a new one (pref. EKEN H9R or FITFORT). My suggestion for others who plan to buy... buy one with 170 degrees wide angle with loop recording. Rest all is secondary.

That's great job @Sai Vardhan. Appreciate it. Any particular sources or trusted online stores to buy the above mentioned brands?

• Like 2

Hi Sagar,

I looked at banggood.com for EKEN H9R and it has 2 models priced around 3500 & 5500. Haven't done the comparison so far but will do it shortly. It's available at amazon.com for about USD 60+

The other one, FITFORT is also from Amazon.com for about USD 60+

I look at the number of people giving the ratings and what the rating is before buying. Both these are at 4.5/5.

If you know someone traveling from US then you can order it. If you have to look at buying from India only then you can look at Procus Rush 4k action camara (rated 4/5) available at amazon.in for 5500/-.

To add further... the ones I mentioned can be used as regular 4k cams and not limited to Dash Cams.

Edited by Sai Vardhan
  • Like 3
50 minutes ago, Sai Vardhan said:

the ones I mentioned can be used as regular 4k cams and not limited to Dash Cams.

But the out wont be fruitful.
We can't mix the usage of dash cam and regular cam.
They are made for different purposes. 

• Like 2

Hi Ranger,

Unless you are professional photographer then these are no way in comparison.

Dash cams are also available for about 2k and 99% of then work good in day time but they become hopeless in night time ( I'll share the pics & videos from my dash cam and difference between day & night).

The ones I mentioned above are action cams... They can be used for regular video capturing as well as dash cam.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Sai Vardhan said:

Hi Sachin,

I looked at the night time video...looks neat but then 8K+ for the dash cam... I feel that's way too much.

Hi Sai Vardhan Bro,

I am using it from last few months and I am satisfied with quality. I find price reasonable after doing R&D about other models of Transcend, HP, Garmin. This dash cam seems costly but it has:

1) Rear Camera which records simultaneously as well as assist in parking. Not present in Transcend, HP.

2) Comes with Free OBD Cable worth Rs. 1200, USB cable and USB adaptor. 

3) 1 year replacement warranty. (Transcend says warranty void in high temperature. All covers only manufacturing defect)

4) Field of View is huge 170 degree compared to cheap models. ( Others has 130-150 degree)

5) Night quality excellent.

6) Inbuilt 4 inch IP Full HD Screen to play the video on the spot. Transcend, HP has small screen with low resolution. 

7) Price is just Rs. 8500 which is much less than Base models of Transcend, HP, Garmin.

8) 15 days money return guarantee they say (verify before buying)

I hope I didn't sound like the marketing executive of that brand & I request moderator not to block me. It's just my personal experience, I wish everyone use good quality dash camera to stay safe from Court Cases. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, sachin86 said:

Hi Sai Vardhan Bro,

I am using it from last few months and I am satisfied with quality. I find price reasonable after doing R&D about other models of Transcend, HP, Garmin. This dash cam seems costly but it has:

1) Rear Camera which records simultaneously as well as assist in parking. Not present in Transcend, HP.

2) Comes with Free OBD Cable worth Rs. 1200, USB cable and USB adaptor. 

3) 1 year replacement warranty. (Transcend says warranty void in high temperature. All covers only manufacturing defect)

4) Field of View is huge 170 degree compared to cheap models. ( Others has 130-150 degree)

5) Night quality excellent.

6) Inbuilt 4 inch IP Full HD Screen to play the video on the spot. Transcend, HP has small screen with low resolution. 

7) Price is just Rs. 8500 which is much less than Base models of Transcend, HP, Garmin.

? 15 days money return guarantee they say (verify before buying)

I hope I didn't sound like the marketing executive of that brand & I request moderator not to block me. It's just my personal experience, I wish everyone use good quality dash camera to stay safe from Court Cases. 

Hi Sachin,

Features sound good. If you dont mind, I would like to have a look at your dash cam when we get a chance to meet up in person :)

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, sachin86 said:

Cases of Accident from behind increasing. At that time, front camera will have no record. Only rear camera will show the truth of wrong side overtaking, bike driver talking on mobile etc.

Well...I'll say... you should not worry about the back side. I go with the funda ... when some one crashed into you from back for most of the reason it is his fault and not ours... Simple rule... need to maintain distance with the vehicle in front. I may be wrong but that's how I follow :)

I had so many cases where 2 wheelers banging into my back bumper. 

• Like 3
On 4/27/2018 at 11:05 PM, Sai Vardhan said:

Hi Sachin,

Features sound good. If you dont mind, I would like to have a look at your dash cam when we get a chance to meet up in person ?:)

Yup sure. Let me know whenever you visit Vadodara, Gujarat. 

• Like 3
On 4/27/2018 at 5:18 PM, Sai Vardhan said:

The ones I mentioned above are action cams... They can be used for regular video capturing as well as dash cam.

Action cam  should not be used a dash cam.

They are designed for different purposes. 

Dash cam has a small battery, so that I won't generate heat during a continuous drive.
Action cam has a bigger battery, it is designed to work on longer stretches without any power supply. 

Action cam is not designed to take continuous power input, Imagine using an action for 20 hours in a single stretch. 
It will simply give up in a long run and can be dangerous too.

• Like 2
On 4/30/2018 at 3:47 PM, Ranger said:

Action cam  should not be used a dash cam.

They are designed for different purposes. 

Dash cam has a small battery, so that I won't generate heat during a continuous drive.
Action cam has a bigger battery, it is designed to work on longer stretches without any power supply. 

Action cam is not designed to take continuous power input, Imagine using an action for 20 hours in a single stretch. 
It will simply give up in a long run and can be dangerous too.

Ranger, your point noted ???

• Like 2

I am planning to buy a Dash Cam
after researching for a while i was stuck with 2 brands
1.YI smart Dash 89006
2.Procus Convoy Car Dash
can anyone please suggest me which one  to opt.
Are there anyone who used Procus Convoy ,if so can you please suggest me whether to consider that or not.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ramuc said:

YI smart Dash 89006

I'm using YI from the past two years.
Performance is flawless. 

It is cheap and night vision is excellent. 

Only issue with YI? Inconsistent suction mount.
Many people are using 3M tape instead of suction mount.

1 hour ago, ramuc said:

Procus Convoy Car Dash

Never used this one.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Ranger said:

Only issue with YI? Inconsistent suction mount.

I do not have this issue with Suction Mount too along with it's flawless functioning (Except for 3 Minute Video Recording ? ) and I remember I promised you that I will get back to you with details or any clue on which Glue has been used, I remember taking out that plaster while I have stuck it to my car! I am sure it was 3M, let me check and get back! I got this Dash Cam by YI from the USA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

I came across Xiaomi Rear view mirror with dash cam recorder. 

Launch date : June 16th

Price : CYN 399, roughly translates to 4k INR

1516323531056463493.jpg

1516323531895607102.jpg

Features:

• Sony IMX323 image sensor with 160 degree wide angle view(with f1.8, helps in low light)
  • 5inch IPS display
  • Voice controls
  • Parking monitor
  • Ability to record both sides
  • Micro SD card support upto 64GB
  • Is wifi enabled and supports  Mijia App

This is a newly launched version, previously there is a similar device called "70 steps" which has 135 degree view.

I feel like this is the one stop solution for all the issues.

Im planning to buy it. 

Any inputs and suggestions on this version? 

Small video

Hoping to get full reviews by this weekend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing karthik.

Looks very good.

Couldn't find any reviews online.

I don't think they will launch in India?

Gearbest or Alibaba is the only way to buy these stuff.

Any idea if it supports mobile connectivity like streaming music and maps?

Now I feel like upgrading to this dash cam ?

• Like 2

Now that I have just unwrapped this, it’s time for me to get this fixed. I just realised that the suction mount is missing in the box.

Can somebody suggest me where can I get the suction mount in Hyderabad for this as I couldn’t find it in the box.  

Or ordering it online is the only option ? ?

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, ramuc said:

I just realised that the suction mount is missing in the box.

Ouch,

I guess it will be difficult to source the suction mount.
Try AliExpress.

Or you can do some jugad with regular mount using 3M tape, which is not recommend(worst case scenario) 

50 minutes ago, ramuc said:

I bought my New YI dash cam.

You can ask the seller to ship the mount? 

• Like 4