TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Hyderabad to Delhi road trip planning and routes

Hyderabad to Delhi has multiple routes.

Best/Fastest route:
Hyderabad --> Nizamaabad --> Adilabad --> Nagpur --> Chindwara --> Sagar --> Agra --> New Delhi

Hyderabad to Delhi can be done either in two or three days depending on your comfort. 

Day 1
Hyderabad --> Nizamabad --> Adilabad --> Nagpur --> Chindwara --> Sagar

Note:

Very few food options on this stretch, don't expect any luxury hotels.
Most of the options are road side Dhabas. 
If you are traveling with family plan your bio breaks at fuel pumps.

Breakfast stop:
Divya resort : Kamareddy
https://goo.gl/maps/aE46KRnxcdG2

Lunch stop :
Hotel Airport central : Nagpur
https://goo.gl/maps/8Bv94nMDVu72

Road condition:

Hyderabad to Adilabad : Excellent toll road(one of the best in the country)

Adilabad to Hinganghat : You will come across very bad patches and the worst part is they collect tolls on this stretch. 

Hinganghat to Nagpur : Road are excellent, you will encounter traffic as you get near to Nagpur.

Crossing Nagpur is pain, there is no outer ring road or bypass. 
Due to metro work there are many bottle necks and diversions. 

It will take around 40mins+ to cross Nagpur. 

Nagpur to Sagar : Has 4-lane toll road, Ghat section and single lane roads.
Your average wont be more than 50km/hr.
Ghat section is very smooth but drive cautiously.

Sagar Accommodation:
Sagar town is located little away from Highway, you need to take a diversion from the highway. 

Road leading to town is little isolated(during night), no need to panic.

1. Hotel crown palace (best option, recommended for families)

https://goo.gl/maps/ntszPcNfdE62

2. Hotel Royal palace (ideal for bachelors and cheap) 

https://goo.gl/maps/PNhrTfswQJ82

3. Hotel Sagar Saroja spa and resort (ideal for bacherlors, rooms are big and they have a nice swimming pool, hotel is located in the interior areas of Sagar, approach roads are bad)
https://goo.gl/maps/199CNAoeriw

• Like 2

Day 2
Sagar -->Jhansi --> Gwalior --> Agra --> New delhi

Note:

Very few food options on this stretch, don't expect any luxury hotels.
Most of the options are road side Dhabas. 
If you are traveling with family plan your bio breaks at fuel pumps.

Breakfast/Luch stop:

Just stop at decent road side dhaba. Most of them are not even available to gmaps. 

Road condition:

Sagar to Jhansi : Excellent toll road(4-lane)

Jhansi to Gwalior : Worst stretch, roads are very poor and lot of trucks/bikes/village traffic.

Gwalior to Agra : Roads will improve but you will face lot of traffic.
Agra to Delhi : One of the best road in the country, 6-lane express way. 

I heard they calculate your drive time between the tolls.

Stick to speed limits on the expressway.

You can find food options on the express way itself as soon as you cross the toll. 

You can take single toll from Agra to Delhi, no need to pay at multiple tolls. 

Delhi Accommodation:
There are plenty of options in Delhi.
We stayed at Hotel mint oodles. Rooms are excellent.
https://goo.gl/maps/ME2oAaC4e3E2

• Like 2

I will just post an update that a person whom i Know posted in another forum - He did/updated  that on 3rd March

Just pasting the same update here - which speaks about the return journey from Delhi - Hyderabad

Notable Updates which were a pain to drive on this section
1. Gwalior to Jhansi -- Though there are number of diversions, the road is devoid of any potholes
2. Lakhnadon - Chappara - Seoni -- Fully done up.
3. Seoni - Pench (Rukhad) till MP Border - Lovely Roads - Not even single pothole anywhere
4. MP Border - Mansar -- 4 Laning is in progress. Concrete roads are being laid, The diversion roads are fair enough
5. Hinganghat - Flyover completed. No more waiting at the level crossing
6. Hinganghat to Karanji isn’t in great shape
7. Karanji to pandharkwada - Good
8. Pandharkwada to pipparwadi - OK

-- credit goes to shiva sathiraju

• Like 3
2 hours ago, travel.rtc said:

Just pasting the same update here - which speaks about the return journey from Delhi - Hyderabad

Thank you for the update.
Information is very helpful. 

Hinganghat - Flyover completed.

This made lot of difference. Few years back I was stuck for more that 1 hour at this crossing. 
During our recent drive it was a breeze.
Roads are improving but at a slow pace.

Gwalior to Jhansi

This is the worst section we faced, heavy traffic and poor civic sense. 

-- credit goes to shiva sathiraju

Yellow Palio guy? Love his car to the core. Very well maintained. 
I see him at least once in a week. ?

• Like 1

Yes Palio Guy .. he is a member of Fiat community and pretty Active ,also a rail fan :) 

Recently I have done Hyderabad - Nagpur on APRIL 30th 

Road right after TS Border till Pandarkawada is rough and patchy

Even after Pandarkawada - till Karanji its OK and again Diversions will come in place - Do Watch ful of Trucks coming in opposite directions and they simply rush towards you

Yes, Hinganghat flyover is done thats really a Big relief But do watchful of speed breakers right after flyover and while passing through Hinganghat town you will get to see continuously 10 serial bumps for a single speed breaker.

so be watchful of that and there are three such big speed breakers and my wife went to katni in MP last weekend and she says Roads till seoni are good.

Diesel is bit cheaper in Maharastra and petrol costlier there ... Hence fill the tank wisely 

You will find an HP COCO Bunk Just before reaching Adilabad from Hyderabad towards Nagpur Road - Near Sitagondi opp Sharma Dhaba -- This is a good bunk but one has to reach other side of the road for refueling - I generally wont trust the bunks in Maharastra based on few bad experiences prior

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...
Guest Manish

Hi All, I am planning to travel from Hyderabad to Delhi by road in last week of Sep 2020. I will be travelling with family in Ecosport. Please let me know if I can cover in 2 days. It would be great if someone can share road condition from Nagpur to Agra. Thanks 

19 hours ago, Guest Manish said:

Hi All, I am planning to travel from Hyderabad to Delhi by road in last week of Sep 2020. I will be travelling with family in Ecosport. Please let me know if I can cover in 2 days. It would be great if someone can share road condition from Nagpur to Agra. Thanks 

You can comfortably do Hyderabad to Delhi in two days.

You need to start early in the morning.
Avoid night drives, roads have too many stray animals.

You need to plan your stopover at Sagar. 
Regarding road condition update. Go through the above details.

• Like 2
Guest Parag

Hi All,

I am planning to travel from Hyderabad to Bayana (Rajasthan) around Sept last or October 1st week. My route is almost same as Hyderabad to Delhi (it diverges from around Gwalior or Dholpur).

I also want to do this trip in 2 days only, so as suggested, I was planning a stay in Sagar.

But, I see in google maps, that Hyderabad to Sagar takes around 16.5 hours, so it's going to be almost impossible to avoid night driving.

So, wanted to check:

1. Is 16.5 hours is decent time to reach Sagar, or should I take more time in account (Keeping one or two short break in between)?

2. Till what time, I should plan to reach Sagar (I am travelling with my family, so from safety perspective as well)?

3. If I plan to reach Sagar late evening only, I will have to leave from Hyd very early morning, is it going to safe from here as well or not?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Guest Parag said:

Hyderabad to Sagar takes around 16.5 hours,

Drive is going to be hectic, you can cover lot of ground in this section. 

I would suggest following plan:

Hyderabad to Nagpur has good roads. Plan your night drive on this section.

Start at 3AM from Hyderabad, You will reach Nagpur by morning. 
Take a break at Nagpur. Refresh and continue towards Sagar.  

• Like 1
On 9/17/2020 at 7:48 AM, Guest Manish said:

Hey, i am planning  to travel from hyd to delhi by road in last week of oct.can you tell me if you have started the journey and road conditions once you complete the journey. 

• Like 2
On 9/27/2020 at 10:01 AM, Amianj said:

hyd to delhi

Go with the plan suggested by Gowtham. You need to cover most of the ground on the first day of your journey. Drive is going to be hectic, If you are planning to cover the distance in two days. 
Decide a plan, either two days or three days.

• Like 1

Latest route updates from TriFOD members:

Chindwara route is badly damaged due to traffic diversions and the regular highway being closed.

The highway via Narsigngpur - Seoni- Nagpur is still a batter choice. There is a small patch under construction but still the best bet.

Depending on how long you can drive in a day break at Jhansi and Nagpur (2N3D) or Sagar (1N2D).

Dipali Palace Sagar. The pride Nagpur are good places to stay

• Like 1
On 5/16/2018 at 11:48 AM, Gowtham said:

Ideally two days are good enough to do Hyderabad to Delhi road trip.
If you are planning to do the trip leisurely. 

Day 1
Hyderabad to Nagpur

Day 2 
Nagpur to Agra

Day 3
Agra to Delhi

How about taking the whole journey on NH44.... planning the trip by end of Oct, 2020

Guest Tushar Singla

Hi Guys planning to travel from Hyderabad to Delhi with my wife on Dusshera weekend on my swift. I have not done such a long road trip before.

Do let me know for any specific things to be taken care of and any latest updates on the route.

Also, If someone else planning during the same time, would love to plan together.

I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Agra in early November. I want to complete the trip in 2 days. I m travelling with husband and 3 year old daughter. There are 2 options as discussed in earlier posts-

1) Hyd-Sagar (1st day, 16 hrs) + Sagar-Agra (2nd day, 8 hrs)

2) Hyd-Nagpur (1st day, 8 hrs) + Nagpur-Agra (2nd day, 16 hrs)

So basically one day is going to be ultra hectic with a kid in either of the plans. Is there any place between Nagpur and Sagar to take night stay so that we can divide the travel equally driving almost 12 hrs per day?

And as I can search online, I am not satisfied with the hotels in Sagar. Among these hotels, very few are following covid protocols and those following have negative reviews from the travellers in covid times. I am very skeptical about our safegy as I m travelling with a child. Please help if anyone could guide.

I will be travelling from Hyderabad to Delhi with family on the first weekend of Nov' 20. What are the latest updates on the routes and road conditions.

Our plan is as follows :

Day 1 Hyd - Nagpur

Day 2 Nagpur - Jhansi

Day 3 Jhansi - Delhi

Any help would be appreciated here. Thanks.

Between Hyderabad to Delhi it Agra... Sagar is the best option we have got to consider to stay for a night.. Though one day’s drive looks quite hectic, that’s the best available option to balance the travel for both the days.. There are not no’s great hotels in Sagar but surely decent stay options exist in this place.. 

You can possibly consider Hotel Crown palace, Hotel Deepali, Hite Royal Palace, Hotel Sagar Saroja.. I’m sure resort like stays will be pet friendly ..