TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

• Our picks

• Malgund beach – a hidden paradise
      Note: Lockdown is over not the Pandemic. We request travelers to follow all safety measures.

Malgund beach – a hidden paradise
      A beautiful drive to konkan beach.
      We have taken at most care like,
      -          Used personal car for all drive.
      -          Stayed in friend’s resort which is clean and hygiene.
      -          Used face mask and sanitizers wherever required.
      -          Avoided crowded places. Planned travel on weekdays
      My companion in travel.
      -       Smartphone Poco f1 
      -       Canon 1300d             
      Difficulty level:
      -       No problem for elders and kids.
      Road conditions:
      -       I travelled from Pune, hence took below route
      -       Home in Pune – Satara – Umbraj – Patan – Chiplun – Malgund beach         
      -       Roads are good From Pune till Patan. From Patan to Chiplun roads are average to worst (specially ghat section). From Chiplun to Ganpatipule average (road widening going on).

Best time to visit:
      -       Through out the year once can visit this place.   

Getting There :
      By Air : Nearest airport is mumbai.
      By Rail : Nearest Railway Station is ratnagiri.
      By Road : 1 Km - Distance from ganpatipule to malgund beach.

Places to see nearby :
      1. Ganapatipule temple and beach
      2. Pawas
      3. Parshuram temple
      4. Marleshwar

Malgund beach location: https://goo.gl/maps/kwcCd3jUnGa4YCNu6

Malgund, a small village, 1 km away from ganpatipule beach, is known as the birthplace of famous Marathi poet Keshavasuta, who was born here in 1866. He is regarded as a poet who heralded the dawn of modern Marathi poetry. There is a monument at Malgund dedicated to his work and also a museum where you can find information on most of the modern day poets of Marathi language. The memorial is a real treat for people who are interested in Marathi literature. Malgund also houses Nirmal Nagari of Her Holiness Mrs. Nirmala Shrivastava of Sahaja Yoga fame.
      In memories of him kavi keshasut smarak is built in malgund. Many tourists prefer to stay in malgund instead of ganpatipule due to calm and quiet nature and no commercialization.
      We stayed in Sagar Darshan Beach resort. This resort just adjacent to beach and one can enjoy to full extent. I recommend this resort.
      After March, the temperature starts rising but rarely crosses 30 °C. May is the hottest month, with temperatures reaching 40 °C. The monsoon lasts from June to October, when rains are usually plentiful and regular.

• 7 replies
    • Hyderabad to South India, First road trip of 2021
      Places Travelled
      Hyderabad - Tirupati - Kanchipuram - Madurai - Rameshwaram - dhanushkodi - palani - Guruvayur - coimbature - Bangalore - Lepakshi - Hyderabad

No. of people 5 in Vitara Brezza

Day 1: Hyderabad to Tirupati Day 2:Dharshan at Tirupati Day 3:Tirupati to kanchipuram Day 4:kanchipuram to madurai Day 5:Madurai to Rameshwaram and dhanushkodi Day 6: Dhanushkodi to gurvayur via palani Day 7: Gurvyaur to coimbatore Day 8: Coimbatore to hyderabad via bangalore and lepakshi  
      First trip of 2021 has became the best trip till now. Travelled around 3500kms. Planned to visit all the places of southern part but rain has ruined all our plans.
      Heavy rains in Tamilnadu.

Best Moment: 
      Visiting my dream place "Dhanushkodi", The Last Road Of India. Everyone must visit, but not while raining. Goosebumps moment when we reach the destination. The sound of waves at one side, eyes full of happiness at another side, this is what everyone needs. 

Road Conditions:
      Overall the road conditions was awesome with minimum potholes.
      A small suggestion: when you travel through some village, it is better to ask localities about the route than blindly believing on Google Maps. If Stuck in traffic by believing on GMaps.

Expenses:
      Diesel: 18000/-
      Food and beverages: 10000/-
      Room: 15000/-
      Toll Tax: 2100/- 

The best food we ate was Dindigul Thalappakatti biryani.

Funny Incident: 
      Bangalore has fined us for not wearing masks inside the car.
      we are not aware that we should wear mask in car while travelling with windows rolled up.

We were by 250rs each. The fun is police where stopping only outside state cars, they aren't stopping Karnataka registered vehicles.

We found few people travelling in KA registered vehicle, they are not wearing any masks. when we ask police to stop them, Cops answer Thum jhakey roko na ghadi ko". This is kind of discrimination which every traveler hates. 

• Thanks
      • 12 replies
    • Hyderabad to Sikkim road trip
      Hyderabad to Sikkim road trip :
      Four  BTech friends,
      Proper reunion after a decade.

• 61 replies
    • Kokankada, Harishchandra gad & Taramati peak - A dream climb
      Due to pandemic we have taken at most care like,
      -          Used personal car for all drive.
      -          Used face mask and sanitizers wherever required.
      -          Planned travel on weekdays and believe me it was worth.
      of going towards Konkan Kada. From Kelewadi village onwards, an ascend via the steep slope of Sadhle Ghat brings you on the top. It is best to descend from Harishchandragad via Sadhle Ghat instead of ascending it.
      Route 5: Pachnai
      Pachnai is the simplest route to Harishchandragad and absolutely recommended for anyone of any age. From the Pachnai village, it takes around 2.5-3 hours to reach Harishchandragad. A guide is available at the Pachnai village if required.
      FOOD AND STAY
      A few villagers from Paachnai village make food and tent arrangements at the top of the fort. The meal includes bhakri, bhaaji, daal, bhat, etc. along with snacks such as kanda bhaji, pohe, tea, etc. They stay in a couple of huts near Harishchandreswar temple.

• 10 replies
    • Turbo charged engines; do we know other side of the coin?
      Turbo charged engines have slowly started gaining interest in India, rightly so, as they generate power and are fuel efficient. Turbo engines utilize the waste exhaust gases to generate more power, even out of a smaller engine. However, do we know other side of the coin; any potential issues or any longevity concerns of engine in real life? Please share your experiences. Is it worth shedding additional money on, in long term?
      • 3 replies
  • Similar Content

• By JRD
      Namaskaram,

Planned a road trip (Bike Ride - RE Classic) from Hyderabad - > Bangalore -> Coimbatore -> Ooty;

What am I trying to find?
      1. A good conditioned, beautiful route for my ride.
      2. Best views & places.

Details:
      Bike: RE Classic 350
      Start Date: December 22nd- 2020
      End Date: December 28th-2020
      Planned Stops (Which I can change based on your valuable suggestions): Bangalore (Max 6 Hours Stay at Hotel) -> Coimbatore -> Ooty.

Please suggest. 

Pranamam,
      Janaki Rajesh Duvvuri.
    • By Gowtham
      A quick drive to Hidden Castle.
      Place is located around 100 kilometers from Hyderabad.

Road condition:
      4-lane with very few diversions. Once you hit the highway, You will reach the destination in an hour.

Food options on highway:
      Enroute you can find Haritha food court.

• By SK01
      Exploring Yanam Part 1

Origin: Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh.
      Destination: Yanam, Puducherry.

Route Taken: Ramachandrapuram - Tallapolam - Draksharamam - Kuyyeru - Yanam
      Start Time:5:10AM
      Distance: 27KMS
      Time Taken: 1hr 
      Car: Honda City VX i-VTEC
      Mileage: 13.2KMPL
      Road Condition: Mix of good, average, bad and worst. 
      Scenic Views: Single lane roads with beautiful scenes at either side of the roads. The roads are surrounded by lush green farms on either side. 

Trip Report

Yanam, the place that I first visited in 2013, when I was 17. And this time again I wanted to visit the place only to know it better and love it more...

Started early in the morning at 5:10 and reached the area in 1hr. 

The only thing I thought I could do in the place is to take the initial sunrise photo touching the waters. That's a beautiful sight and I never missed that. But surprisingly this time I got more than what I expected. I got to know about the area more and explore the area and the backwaters. This time, unfortunately, I could take my favourite shot, the sun touching the waters because of clouds. But got a chance to explore the area a bit. 

It was 7:00 AM, the sun just started rising pushing the clouds aside. And there I saw a person in a white shirt and white pant, assumed him to be a local and approached him to inquire more about the place. To my surprise, he turned out to be the government boat operator. Upon asking him, he arranged a boat ride into the waters and at 7:15 I was on the boat moving gently on the backwaters. 

The boat driver Ramakrishna, is a very nice guy. I finished taking photos and started talking with him. he spoke many things, from the political situation in Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh, their lives, the local MLA and not to forget, the insider information about the place.  Yanam, a very beautiful place, mostly unexplored and left undeveloped. "Yanam chala manchi ooru Saru, Kani Chala mandi teliyaka raru. Tourists perigite maku income perugutundi" said the boat driver. 
      Yanam indeed is a really beautiful place, there are many places to explore from Yanam. 

The first one, 

Bhairavapalem Mangrove Forests (Where we can find many rare migratory birds. It takes 2 hours to come and 2 hours stay on this island. Total of 6 hours. Price for 10 is 6000 INR) Koringa Mangrove Forests And many small unexplored islands (We can find many migratory birds)  
      I think the area should be developed, but that development shouldn't destroy the natural beauty and serenity of the place. The local activities early in the morning, sunrise, birds chirping and the fishing activities are really beautiful and the development should not destroy these...

Part 2 coming soon... I'll be writing about the places that in have visited in part 2.  

Places to stay:
      The Regency Hotel (best for families as per trip advisor) Sarva Inn Puducherry Government Guest House   
      Few Pictures

• By karthik
      Hi All,

This is my first travel story in India-Drive.
      I have been working in Bangalore from the past few years.
      Recently, I moved back to Hyderabad.
      My last drive is from Hyderabad to Himalayas with India-Drive team.
      It is my best and longest I have ever done in my Duster.

Surylanka drive

I have been to Suryalanka around 10 times, frankly speaking, I lost the count!
      Last month me and my friend decided to go on a quick weekend getaway.
      Plan is to start on Saturday morning and come back by Sunday evening. 

We all know that Suryalanka is overcrowded during weekends. 
      So we constructed a strategy to beat the crowd. 

Route taken
      Hyderabad --> Vijaywada --> Suryalanka
      We took this route since we had accommodation(friend's place) at Vijayawada.

Best route from Hyderabad to Suryalanka
      Hyderabad --> Nalgonda --> Miryalaguda --> Narasaraopet --> Suryalanka
      I would suggest people to visit Chirala beach along with Suryalanka, we missed out due to time constraint. 

We started on Saturday around 11AM.
      We took the famous the Hyderabad-Vijayawada section.
      This is one of the best section after Hyderabad-Bangalore.(my personal favorite)

Maintained steady 110km/hr in my trusted Duster.
      We reached Suryapet by 2PM and stopped over for lunch at Hotel 7.
      Hotel 7 is one of the best in terms of Infrastructure/Food/Quality/Maintenance.

Suryapet to Vijayawada took us around 2 hours +.
      Crossing Vijayawada is always pain. Multiple diversions and no proper signs leads to confusion.
      One of our friend stays in Vijayawada outskirts, we reached his place by 5PM.
      Decided to call the day off.