TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Avoid zaheerabad route, not worth it.
Take a break at Pune.

Day :1
Hyderabad to Pune

Hyderabad to Solapur is in bad shape.

Copying the details from Hyderabad to Pune post.

Hyderabad --> Parigi --> Sedam --> Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) --> Solapur --> Pune

Hyderabd to Parigi : Average

Parigi to Sedam : above average (mix 2-lane toll road)

Sedam to Kalaburgai : Excellent (2-lane road)

Kalaburgai to Akkalkot : average (few bad stretches near to Akkalkot)

Akkalkot to Solapur : average ( some bad stretches)

Few tips:

• Carry enough cash
  • Breakfast stop at Gulbarga (Lumbinis grand hotel, neat washrooms)
  • Lunch stop at Solapur. (You can find plenty of dhabas from Solapur to Pune)

Day:2
Pune to Ahmedabad
Road condition is top notch, it is completely 4-lane.

Can be easily done under 8 hours in a fast car.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, parikh.sunny said:

specific reasons for carrying cash ?

Most of the hotels and fuel stations between Hyderabad --> kalaburgai --> Solapur section does not have card facility.

We had a tough time during our last drive.
It is always better to carry enough cash when you are driving on State highways.

• Like 6

If you start at 3 PM, you won't hit a 4-lane till 9 PM.

It is single lane from Hyderabad to Solapur.

Would suggest you to start little early.

Avoid zaheerabad route, you will come across heavy truck and bus traffic, diversions are unlimited due to road construction.

12 hours ago, parikh.sunny said:
Any suggestions about Aurangabad route via Nizamabad

Avoid that route, it is a nightmare!
Single lane filled with potholes.

Best route:
Hyderabad --> Pune --> Mumbai --> Ahemadabad

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all.. thanks for the info. Travelled to ahmedabad and back
To hyd. Tool pune mumbai ahmedabad route took me 18hours and while back took aurangabad nanded route and took me 18hours. Both r good. One fear of traffic if you travell from mumbai as one of my other friend travelled back
From
That route and he got stuck in traffic standstill on mumbai banglore highway for 3 hours standstill. If u know internal routes i would prefer mumbai route still.

Thanks for the information all.

Happy and safe driving

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 9:23 PM, parikh.sunny said:

I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Ahmedabad.
Can you guys suggest me the best route?

Any pointer to note down?

On 5/31/2017 at 2:18 PM, parikh.sunny said:

Hi all.. thanks for the info. Travelled to ahmedabad and back
To hyd. Tool pune mumbai ahmedabad route took me 18hours and while back took aurangabad nanded route and took me 18hours. Both r good. One fear of traffic if you travell from mumbai as one of my other friend travelled back
From
That route and he got stuck in traffic standstill on mumbai banglore highway for 3 hours standstill. If u know internal routes i would prefer mumbai route still.

Thanks for the information all.

Happy and safe driving

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

The best route to drive from Hyderabad to Ahmedabad is 

Hyderabad-Nizamabad-Nanded-Aurangabad- Kannad-Dhule-Surat-Ahmedabad - This road is good and you save good enough on tolls. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sunil Phulari said:

The best route to drive from Hyderabad to Ahmedabad is 

Hyderabad-Nizamabad-Nanded-Aurangabad- Kannad-Dhule-Surat-Ahmedabad - This road is good and you save good enough on tolls. 

Agree that we may save money on tolls.
Toll roads are stress free to drive.

Compared to single lane roads, toll roads are little predictable.
If I am going on a 1200 kilometer road trip, I would always prefer toll road, unless the single road is scenic. 

• Like 2

Yeah agree with you, even I prefer toll roads.

But on the way to Ahmedabad I enjoyed this route.

Anyways we have tolls almost till Nanded ( except the stretch between Nizamabad to Narsi) Nanded to idAurangabad road is in good condition, Aurangabad to Surat road is in super good condition, with very less traffic and soon after you cross Aurangabad the road is scenic and you can even cover Grushneshwar jyothirling darshan which is just on the way.

From Surat anyways it's toll again. As I take this route regularly till Parbhani so I am
more Inclined towards this road [emoji16]. I didn't pay toll in MH at all, only toll in TS and Gujrat.

While my return journey I took Ahmedabad-Thane-Pune-Solapur-Hyd and got stuck at outskirts of Thane for couple of hours due to some traffic issues and some bridge work, wasted good amount of time in Thane and pune traffic to cross the cities, I was frustrated while driving on solapur- hyd stretch. Thought much on 230rs toll from Thane to Pune express way - did it justified, I don't think so.. the stretch was hardly 70 to 80kms.

We have experienced Hyderabad ORR, so any roads in comparison cannot be justified, not even the vadodara- Ahmedabad express was or Thane -Pune express way[emoji16]

• Like 2
10 hours ago, sunil Phulari said:

I was frustrated while driving on solapur- hyd stretch

This is worst stretch to drive, Last week I drove from Hyderabad to Zaheerabad. 
Which is better compared to Zaheerabad to Solapur, I got so tired due to numerous switch backs and speed bumps. 

Can't imagine about Zaheerabad to Solapur stretch. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, sunil Phulari said:

We have experienced Hyderabad ORR, so any roads in comparison cannot be justified, not even the vadodara- Ahmedabad express was or Thane -Pune express way

100% to the point.
Hyderabad ORR can be considered as best road to drive in India, considering infrastructure. 

Pune and Mumbai traffic is the biggest road block.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
Guest DrTanveer

We are planning for a road trip from ahmedabad to hyderabad for 8 ppl including kids in two cars,i request you guys to give me an idea of road map in stretches considering safety and good roads .

12 hours ago, Guest DrTanveer said:

We are planning for a road trip from ahmedabad to hyderabad for 8 ppl including kids in two cars,i request you guys to give me an idea of road map in stretches considering safety and good roads .

Hi Tanveer,

The best route to reach Ahmedabad from Hyderabad is Via Pune and I would suggest you to halt at Pune for the night.

Day - 1

Hyderabad - Parigi - Sedam - Kalaburagi - Solapur - Pune

Hyderabad to Sedam, road is Avg. (2 lane)

Sedam to Solapur, road is Good. (2 lane)

Solapur - Pune, Excellent 4 lane highway. 

Day - 2

Pune - Navi Mumbai - Surat - Vadodara - Ahmedabad

Roads are good throughout the stretch. Watch out for tress passers and bikers in the villages you come across in between.

Both the days takes you about 13 hours approximately (including breakfast and lunch breaks) to reach your destination for about 650 kms  approximately.

Have a safe journey and please do update us back regarding the current road conditions after you are back.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DrTanveer

Thank you sagar ,for your quick and detailed reply ,our plan has been postponed to first week of feb now ,one query ,dont you think touching navi mumbai to reach pune from ahmedabad will take time and is it possible to complete ahmedabad pune stretch in 13 hours including lunch or tea breaks even if we go via navi mumbai ??

4 hours ago, Guest DrTanveer said:

Thank you sagar ,for your quick and detailed reply ,our plan has been postponed to first week of feb now ,one query ,dont you think touching navi mumbai to reach pune from ahmedabad will take time and is it possible to complete ahmedabad pune stretch in 13 hours including lunch or tea breaks even if we go via navi mumbai ??

I suggest you to halt at Pune instead as any other alternative would definitely be doable but just to make sure that you wouldn't get tired for the next day's drive. I would still suggest you to go with the above mentioned plan :)

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Telkar said:

Planning Hyderabad to Ahmedabad

Roads are pretty good now.
You can take  Hyderabad -> Zaheerabad -> Solapur -> Pune ->Mumbai -> Ahmedabad. 
Roads are good through out the drive. 

Day 1: Hyderabad to Mumbai
Da 2: Mumbai to Ahmedabad 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Our picks

• Hyderabad to Gandikota, Grand canyon of India
      Sharing a post by Radhika Kundur:   History of Gandikota from Wiki Gandikota is a village and historical fort on the right bank of the Penna river, 15 km from Jammalamadugu in Kadapa district, Andhra Pradesh, India.   The fort was the center of power for various dynasties, such as the Kalyani Chalukyas, Pemmasani Kamma Nayakas, and the Golconda Sultanate. Gandikota was the capital of Pemmasani Kamma Nayakas for more than 300 years. Pemmasani Ramalinga Nayaka constructed the huge fort at Gandikota with 101 towers replacing the previous sand fort constructed by Kaka Raja, Vassals of Kalyani Chalukya rulers.    Best route from Hyderabad to Gandikota Hyderabad ->Kurnool ->Nadyal -> Gandikota If you take above route you can cover following places as well: Belum Caves Ahobilam  
      Below place is yet to open for public, please check before visiting has great adventure activities:
        https://www.facebook.com/Adventuresportsacademygandikota/

A MUCH needed break from the monotony. With the wildest bunch of friends 3 days 2 nights.   Stayed at this amazingly comfortable tourism place which is not open yet. A place which will surprise you soon.( we could go because it was friend’s/family )   On offer are Rappelling , quads on a quad trail inside the property , kayaks , guided treks through the paths unknown (they open up to breath taking views ) , guided tour to the fort and its little secrets.also coming soon is a ropeway cable car scene.   One of the partners is the only Indian who has scaled Mt Everest solo. His team is just simply amazing. They were very encouraging, experienced and kind.   6.3hrs /382 km with 1 hr lunch break and 2 tea breaks. 11 of us ages ranging from 7 to 82.   Team Skoda with a Creta cretin thrown into the melee (we like our Skodas )   Lunch going to Gandikota was at Hill park at Jadcherla (we could not make it to Pyramid near Kurnool on time ) and while coming The Pyramid food park at Kothakota.   During our stay the accommodation provided us with hot piping meals on time - ragi Sangati , uggani and the likes. Simple yet hearty.   We thankfully got home before Nandyal and the area got flooded yesterday. (But we absolutely would not have minded being stranded where we stayed )
      • 7 replies
    • Hyderabad to Ranganayaka Sagar reservoir - A short weekend getaway
      We were literally frustrated due to lockdown and were looking for a short drive in the month of June. Then we got information about safe location - Ranganaya Sagar reservoir. I checked with my Baleno group BOCH ( Baleno Owners Club Hyderabad) and found one more couple for ride. We started from Hyderabad at 7 am and reached there by 10 am. Being 100 km away from Hyderabad you will find less crowd on weekends. But if you really want to enjoy plan travel on weekdays.

Road condition from Hyderabad to Ranganaya Sagar:
      Roads are excellent till reservoir. Distance is around 115 km.

Time spent at Ranganaya Sagar:
      It is good location for relaxation and photography. We spend around 4 hours there, had our lunch and return back by 7PM in evening.

Best time to visit Ranganaya Sagar:
      Note: Best time to explore is early morning or late evening to witnesses sunrise and sunset.

Food availability at Ranganaya Sagar:
      Carry own food and water, you will find nothing around it.

Some of the important facts about Ranganaya sagar reservoir:
      It is part of multi-stage lift Irrigation of Kaleshwaram Plan is to make Godavari river live through out the year over a streach of 274 kilometers to make farming efficient. Provides irrigation  

• Thanks
      • 11 replies
    • Road trips in Electric Car experience
      Sharing electric car driving experience from the past five months. 

Vehicle: 
      Tesla model X, Long range
      Real world range :
      500 Kilometers 

Useable range:
      400 Kilometers (We usually charge before last 100 kilometers distance to empty)

Battery capacity:
      100 KWH

Charge stations:
      Different types of charging stations:
      Tesla super chargers Home chargers Destination chargers Office commute chargers  Government chargers   
      1. Tesla super chargers:
      10% to 90% charge is usually completed under 40 minutes.
      Tesla recently introduced V3 charging stations with 200 KWH capacity.

Charging is free for cars like Model S and X
      Cars like Model 3 an Y has nominal fee.

Inside city limits, some stations are available near malls, so plug-in and by the time you done your grocery shopping.
      Car is ready with 90% charge.

Highways, Super chargers are very helpful on highways. 
      They are located near restaurants/malls/food outlets/supermarkets.
      99% times one wont realise that it is a charging break. 
      By the time we fresh-up, eat food and take loo break car is ready. 

2. Home Chargers:
      Usually they take around 9 hours to charge, key word "Over nigh charging"

Full charge @ Home costs around 700/- (roughly comes around 1.5~2 rupee per kilometer)

Most of the old infra(housing) apartments sill lack charging facilities, some users completely depend on SuperChargers around their home.
      No such issues for people living in independent housing facilities. 

3. Destination Chargers:
      Destination chargers are redefining road trips in Tesla, few hotels started implementing over nigh charging stations. 
      They are very helpful and reduce the overall charging time and range anxiety.

4. Office commute chargers :
      These are located at office premises, they usually have ~ 2 hours limit. They are free of cost.
      They are slow but they add around 80 kilometers range, these are built to cover your office commute.
      5. Government chargers:
      Government chargers are rapidly increasing in states like California. There is huge investment pumping into the charging infra.
      These are generic, can be used by any car. 

Range/Mileage:
      Traditional cars perform better on highways compared to city limits.
      EVs don't loose much range inside limits, in-fact they are more efficient inside city limits.
      Ev's loose range rapidly when driven at high speeds, above 120 kmph.
      Under 120 kmph be it city limits or highways, range stays flat.

Performance 
      There is on competition here, electric cars wins hands down.
      Cars like model X and S can shame some likes of Ferrari/Lambo etc
      They are super quick 0-100
      They win most of the signal drags
      They are unreliable quick

0-100(S) : 2.5 seconds

Long drive planner:
      Tesla inbuilt road trip planner is fantastic.
      900 kilometers trip plan : 15 minutes(Planned for road trip)+ 45 minutes (Lunch break) + 35 minutes (Tea break/Shopping)

• Thanks
      • 6 replies
    • Mobile App
      Trial Mobile App Now
      We have added a new mobile app for www.TriFOD.com

Mobile App is still beta stage, but tech enthusiasts can try out and give us feedback. 
        Installing the app

iOS:
      Install test flight from IOS App store Click on below link from Safari  https://testflight.apple.com/join/bzsWOXFO After installing App, enable notifications Click on Automotive -> TriFod  
      Android:
      Android users can download the App from the PlayStore 
      Install the app from the below link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.invisioncommunity.communities After installing App, enable notifications Click on Automotive -> TriFod  
      You may face some early issues, but once the final app is out. It should be good to go.
      Try it and let us know the feedback.

Click on Discover

Select Automotive

Selcet "TriFOD"

Login

• 0 replies
    • Hyderabad to Kondapochamma Sagar Reservoir:  A short drive gateway
      After unlock 4.0 we started exploring options for travel, which should be short one and safe.
      Got info about Kondapochamma reservoir and decided to explore it.

• Thanks
      • 9 replies
  • Similar Content

• By Gowtham
      List of places to visit around Hyderabad which are under 100 kilometers

Miss road trips/traveling during COVID times? Here are the list of weekend getaways around Hyderabad which can be done without any outside contact. Pack your breakfast/lunch/water plan to start early in the morning from Hyderabad visit and place come back by afternoon.

1. Kondapochamma sagar reservoir:

2. GottamGutta Forest Hike:

3. Singur Dam:

4. Vikarabad Forest:

5. Bhongir Fort:

6. Rachakonda Fort:

7. Ranganayaka sagar reservoir:

8. Pocharam wildlife and reservoir:

9. Bidar Fort:

• By Shekar
      Is it wise to invest in under construction apartment projects in Kollur. Completion period is 3.5 to 4 Years from now. If so what is the best price. 
    • By mit1682
      We were literally frustrated due to lockdown and were looking for a short drive in the month of June. Then we got information about safe location - Ranganayaka Sagar reservoir. I checked with my Baleno group BOCH ( Baleno Owners Club Hyderabad) and found one more couple for ride. We started from Hyderabad at 7 am and reached by 10 am. Being 100 km away from Hyderabad you will find less crowd on weekends. But if you really want to enjoy plan travel on weekdays.

Road condition from Hyderabad to Ranganayaka Sagar:
      Roads are excellent till reservoir. Distance is around 115 km.

Time spent at Ranganayaka Sagar:
      It is good location for relaxation and photography. We spend around 4 hours there, had our lunch and return back by 7PM in evening.

Best time to visit Ranganayaka Sagar:
      Note: Best time to explore is early morning or late evening to witnesses sunrise and sunset.

Food availability at Ranganayaka Sagar:

Some of the important facts about Ranganayaka sagar reservoir:
      It is part of multi-stage lift Irrigation of Kaleshwaram Plan is to make Godavari river live through out the year over a stretch of 274 kilometers to make farming efficient. Provides irrigation  

• By mit1682
      After unlock 4.0 we started exploring options for travel, which should be short one and safe.
      Got info about Kondapochamma reservoir and decided to explore it.

Initial plan was to catch sunrise. But home's chief minister and leader of opposition (my son, they rules the house) objected this.
      So started around 8 in the morning from Miyapur.

Kondapochamma entry:
      It has two entries, main entry and secondary entry.
      Some times main entry is closed, no need to disappoint. There is one more entry from the back side.
      Drive a little further ahead you can find another entry, but the road is patchy.  
      Kondapocharamma First Entry point location details(High crowd) :  https://goo.gl/maps/N1e4tAC9bmYTB4fu8 Kondapocharamma Second Entry point location details (Medium crowd): https://goo.gl/maps/Ca3L4CuGkEc95s8E7 Kondapocharamma Third Entry point location details (Less crowd😞https://goo.gl/maps/AaRAWCpYnqos3Avg8  
      Road condition from Hyderabad to Kondapochamma:
      Roads are excellent till reservoir ( just 2 to 3 km of bad road near to it). Distance is around 65 km.

Time spent at Kondapochamma:
      It is good location for relaxation and photography. We spend around 2 hours there, took breakfast and return back by 2PM in afternoon.

Best time to visit Kondapochamma:
      Note: Best time to explore is early morning or late evening.

Food availability at Kondapochamma:

Avoid Kondapochamma on weekends:
      Avoid Kondapochamma during weekends, it is usually overcrowded.
      If you plan on weekend, start early in the morning from Hyderabad. 
      Crowd picks up post 10AM.

Some of the important facts about Kondapochamma sagar reservoir:
      It is part of multi-stage lift Irrigation of Kaleshwaram Plan is to make Godavari river live through out the year over a streach of 274 kilometers to make farming efficient. It is around 15 kilometers in area Costed around 1700 crores, water is spread around 17 sqkms Maximum depth is around 600M Provides irrigation to around 2,85,000 acres through canals  
      Mandatory selfie with the steed