TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Hello guys,

Would like to know the best route for Lucknow to Hyderabad.

I'll be the Single driver on the entire journey and the car is Swift.

Please let me know any route suggestion and any good stays in between for family.

Planning to start the journey by Morning 4 am.

Thanks
Atul

Hi Atul,

I drove last week from Pratapgarh (UP) to Hyderabad. I started at 4:00 AM and reached Gachibowli at 11:55 PM.

My route was as follows:

Pratapgarh - Prayagraj - Reewa - Jabalpur - Nagpur - Hyderabad.

This complete stretch is 4 lane except for approx 30 - 35 km at 2 places viz.  Reewa and Katni Bypass.

The roads are in very good condition and I was maintaining 80-90 kmph.

I would suggest you to stay at Nagpur.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By NareshReddy237
      ** Pre covid
      Note: I already posted same content in my personal blog at that time, Now posting in Trifod, might be useful for someone.

Summary:
      Hyderabad -> Mysore -> Coorg -> Srirangapatna -> Lepakshi -> Hyderabad

As usual, I am not mentioning much about roads & routes, Since it is straightforward, Just I followed the maps.
      KMS: 1900
      Car: Polo Diesel
      Members: 2 Adults
      Budget: 
      Fuel + Toll : 10,000
      Stay : 15,000
      Food: 4000
      Extra: 3000 

Total: 32,000

Stay Details:

Full Plan:

Let's start with the planning
      I won't go anywhere in summer, not a fan of summer vacation, Because I strongly believe it is waste of time and money [in South], So we decided to for a road trip in June end. Searched for a lot of places, Finally decided to go for Coorg.

June 23rd
      Hyderabad -> Bangalore
      We packed our bags and went to the office, Since we both are working it is not easy to get long leaves, So after finishing some work in the office we finished our lunch and hit the road around 1 PM

We don't want our journey to be hectic, So we took a good amount of breaks. On day 1 we traveled 580 KM to reach Bangalore outskirt.

Around 11.30 PM we reached the hotel, We are done with day 1. 

June 24th

Bangalore -> Mysore
      We woke up a little early and started to Mysore. We did not take any breaks since it is just a 180 KM journey, By 11 AM we reached Mysore and check into the hotel.

1 PM
      We went to the Chamundi Hills and took some pics.

4 PM
      Went to visit Mysore palace [Day light visit]

7.30 PM
      Again went to the palace to witness the light show. Beautiful.. Don't miss it.

June 25th
      Mysore -> Coorg

We had breakfast in Mysore and started towards Palm Valley Resort, Coorg. This route is very scenic and beautiful. We took many breaks in the 90KM journey to take the pics, and it is worth it.

3 PM
      We reached the resort, there we opted for buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner, So no need to think about food. We went out to visit the surrounding areas. In-resort itself we took some photos. 

After spending some beautiful time in nature, we went to the resort after sunset. Had the dinner and done with Day 3.

June 26th
      Coorg -> Coorg
      11 AM
      Visited Madikeri Fort.

1 PM
      Visited Raja's seat and surrounding areas.

Toy Train.

4 PM
      Went to Abbey waterfalls, Since it is monsoon, Waterfall is full force and beautiful.

Yeah tired, enough for the day. Went to the resort to check in. Heritage Resort, Coorg. The best I can say.
      No need to visit any place in Coorg, after staying in this resort. It has that much beauty.

We are done with Day 4, Just all my energy restored after seeing the beauty of the resort. Went to bed after having dinner in the resort.

June 27th
      Coorg -> Srirangapatna-> Lepakshi

7AM
      I know staying in this resort is a best moment, So we don't want to waste any time, We tried to explore the resort as much as possible.

We are done with the resort, we check out it with a lot of memories.

11 AM
      Visited few places in Madikeri and moved for River rafting.

12 PM
      We reached river rafting and there we met a family from Hyderabad, So we combinedly hired a boat for rafting.

2 PM
      Visited Golden temple

We are done with the Coorg job, Now decided to go for Srirangapatna.

5.30 PM
      Reached srirangapatna, Visited all Tippu's places, We hired a guide to show all place Since we are near to closing time. He showed the important places before they closed. We paid 300 for him.

7 PM
      After sunset we started towards Lepakshi, It is a really hectic journey, W reached the Harita hotel at midnight at 2 AM, We are done with Day 5.

June 27th
      Lepakshi -> Hyderabad

11 AM
      Harita is just an average hotel, But we don't have any other options to stay there. So Morning we woke up a little late, After fresh up and having breakfast in Harita we went to visit Temple. It is totally empty, Hardly 5-6 tourists. 

2 PM
      We are done with Lepakshi, we had lunch in the same town and started to Hyderabad.

11.30 PM

Reached home safely, and we are done with the trip and Day 6.

We visited very limited places in Coorg, which are near to my interest and taste. Of course, remaining places I will visit another time.

That is all.

• By NareshReddy237
      Summary:
      Hyderabad -> Chikmagalur -> Mysore -> Lepakshi -> Gandikota -> Ahobilam -> Hyderabad

Please forgive for not mentioning much about roads, I can say all roads are easily doable in this trip.
      KMS: 2326.8
      Cars:
      Ecosport
      Kwid AMT

Members: 8 Adults and 1 Kid

Budget: [Ecosport + Kwid]

Fuel + Toll : 24,000
      Hotel + Home Stay : 8,000
      Before trip Grocery Shopping: 5,000
      Extra: 4000 

Total : 41,000
      Exactly what we spent from our pocket.

Let's start with the planning
      It is December 2nd, everyone in my family vexed with lock down effect, So we decided to go for outing. But still Covid-19 is not completely disappeared. So we initially thought to go near by places for 2-3 days, because 8 months old daughter also with me.
      But no one interested for short trip, they are asking for at least one week trip. But at the same time we are not ready to eat out and staying in hotels. So we bought camping tents from decathlon and bought a small HP cylinder for cooking. [We minimized hotel stay and completely avoided hotel food]

In my family, I am the only one who used camping tents, So I teached my family members to pitch the tents. So now we are ready with accommodation and food arrangements. We decided to start on Dec 18th, After one week My friend and his family also wants to join with us. Since they had their own cars, I don't have any problem.

December 18th, 2020
      Hyderabad -> Doddaballapur
      We started from Hyderabad around 10AM, Since we had a infant it is not possible to start early.

We prepared the lunch at home, So we halted on highway side to had home prepared lunch.

Around 5pm we reached Anantapur Iskon, we had darshan and took few photographs.

My initial plan was to reach Halibedu by 19th 9AM. It is total 800 KM journey, So we decided to camp near Doddaballapur, So we pitched our tents in a local temple, Which had tap water and clean surroundings. We prepared the food at temple and had it.

December 19th, 2020

Doddaballapur -> Halibedu -> Belur -> Chikmagalur
      We woke up early and done with nature things, and started from Doddaballapur to Halibedu.
      10AM
      We booked the KSTDC room in Halibedu for ladies fresh up. So after fresh up we went for temple darshan. We completed entire thing by 2PM, After that we prepared our lunch. After some rest we moved towards Belur temple.

3PM
      we reached to Belur and had Darshan.

9PM
      After that we moved to Chikmagalur town and stayed in I-Palace hotel, decent one, We booked 3 rooms with kitchen but they refused to cook inside due to Covid. But I requested them Since I had a daughter I can't eat outside, So silently they allowed us to cook inside.

From here onwards My friend's family also joined with us.

December 20th, 2020
      Chikmagalur -> Forest
      7AM
      We prepared our breakfast and had it early and moved to Hirekolale Lake, we spent there for some good amount of time and took the pics of family and individual. 

My family:

2PM
      It's lunch time, We had a beautiful lunch in middle of nature. of course we left no traces of trash.

4PM
      We went to Mullayangiri, On the way to it my brother car's silencer hit by a stone, due to that clamps got broken and it is touching the road, Just we are away from 200 meters from main road, But no signs of mechanic, So we stopped all our cars helped to fit it. 

Meanwhile my daughter enjoyed a lot while repairing the car silencer.

Reached to Mullayangiri, everyone enjoyed on their own. So no hurry, Since after this we don't have any plan.

8PM
      Reached home stay and prepared dinner and had it with favorite barbeque along with vodka.

December 21st, 2020
      Forest

Due to Covid situations, we are not roaming much, So just we covered famous places.
      second day of Chikmagalur, we started towards baba budangiri. I am not explaining much about the place.

We prepared the lunch near lake and had it, We returned to home stay after sunset. We packed everything, next day morning we are leaving the forest, My friend family going to mangulur and we are going to Mysore.

Few pics from home stay. 

December 22nd, 2020
      Chikmagalur -> Mysore -> Bangalore

After a good bye, we started our journey towards Mysore.
      We skipped the breakfast and decided to cook some where after crossing town.

1 PM
      We prepared the food and started to Mysore after some rest.

Reached palace around 3.30 PM

After palace visit, started to Bangalore to stay in friend apartment. Reached Bangalore by 9PM. Took the complete rest. No cooking.. No Camping...

December 23rd, 2020
      Bangalore -> Lepakshi -> Gandikota

We started our day after my office call, So we crossed city by 11AM, we had the breakfast in bangalore apartment and packed food for lunch.

Just before Lepakshi we stopped for lunch. [with some office work 🤣]

Visited the Temple.

By 5PM we finished Lepakshi and started towards Gandikota. This time we took the rural roads and faced lot of issues, We reached the spot by 11PM and pitched our tents for sleep.

December 24th, 2020
      Gandikota -> Belum Caves -> Yaganti

Wow, we woke up early to witness the beauty of Gandikota and we captured some beautiful pics. 

Near fort back side we stopped near a temple for bath and food preparation. We used our dress changing tent as shower room.

2 PM
      Done with Gandikota and moved towards Belum caves.

5 PM
      Reached Yaganti, Very peaceful location. We reached this place via Banaganapalli.

8 PM
      We pitched our tents near to Ahobilam and prepared food, Just once re-capped our trip, and believe me no one is tired and everyone wants to go another trip soon.

December 25th, 2020
      Ahobilam -> Hyderabad
      We know one day is not enough to cover the Ahobilam, but this is our 8th day, So as per my mom sentiments we should reach the home on 8th day, otherwise we need to wait for 10th day.
      So we woke up early, and started visiting temples one by one. we covered 5-6 temples.

6 PM
      Final episode of our trip, with lot of memories we started our journey towards Hyderabad. This trip will be remembered forever, Because this is my daughter's first trip in her life.

So we reached Hyderabad by 11.30 PM.

Travelled total 2327 KM in 8 days.
      Plan:

ODO:

Happy Ending

• By Gowtham
      Road trip experience in a Tesla

Sharing a road trip experience in EV with Pros and Cons when compared with ICE cars.
      This is not a leisure travel, We had to go on a work trip from SF to LA. I tried to capture as many details as possible.

Car Specifications:
      Range: 600 kilometers per charge (EPA) 0-100: 3.8 Seconds Top speed is limited to 250km/hr  Supports upto Level-3 charging : 250KW/hr Auto Pilot  Will be sharing more information on Tesla Super chargers in the upcoming posts  
      A day before the trip

Planning:
      Road trips in electric cars need some planning when compared to traditional(ICE) cars. 

STEP 1: 
      You can use Tesla website to plan your trip, Select the car that you are planning to take on a drive Advantages with Tesla is super charging network Check out the website for fun : https://www.tesla.com/trips SF to LA has close to 10+ Tesla super chargers(Distance : 600+ kilometers)

STEP 2: 
      Calculate total charging time required, you can check Tesla website to understand your trip plan Total charging time required on a 616 kilometers trip is 55 minutes Details given above are in ideal conditions: 90% charge before you start, follow speed limits, no opposite wind, no cold weather(below 0C), no snow storm etc In real world, range varies, this is similar to our ARAI mileage Tesla calculates/displays range based on EPA(ARAI), add 15~20% range error All the Tesla Chargers are located close to some of the best food courts/restrooms  Total saving for the trip when compared with gas cars is 52$

• By travellerHP
      Hi,

Im planning to drive from Delhi to Hyd in last week of March. I would like, if there any good hotel for family in Nagpur-Hyd Highway.

Any leads is highly appreciated.

Regards,
      Sudhir
    • By sagar
      Hyderabad to Koilsagar - Overnight BBQ camp under the stars - Report 

When: April 22nd 2017
      Where: Koilsagar reservoir
      Distance: 140 Kilometres

Objective :
      A small gathering with all the 'India-drive men'  at the banks of the Koilsagar reservoir for an overnight camp besides Barbecue under the beautiful night skies to study the star trials.

Destination description:
      Koilsagar is a reservoir which stretches across Peddavaagu (A minor tributary of river the Krishna). 
      The western stretch of this picturesque reservoir is surrounded by hills making it a beautiful treat to eyes both during sunrise and sunset.

Hyderabad to Koilsagar route:
      Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Devarkadra --> Koilsagar project

Video:

Participants:
      1) Hyundai Grand i10 - Sugandhar
      2) Hyundai Grand i10 - Pinaki
      3) Maruti Suzuki Swift - Anand
      4) Hyundai i20 Elite - Ravi Teja
      5) Hyundai i20 Elite - Jagadish
      6) Hyundai i20 Elite - Chinmai
      7) Volkswagen Polo - Ashwin
      😎 Volkswagen Polo - Raghunandan
      9) Hyundai Accent Viva - Surya
      10) Ford Figo Aspire - Bhargav
      11) Maruti Suzuki Swift Dezire - Vishu
      12) Mahindra Thar - Ravi Teja
      13) Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Srinivas
      14) Ford Ecosport - Vinay
      15) Ford Ecosport - Varun
      16) Maruti Suzuki SX4 - Tej
      17) Hyundai Verna - Madhavi
      18) Hyundai Verna - Nishant
      19) Hyundai Creta - Sagar
      20) Mahindra XUV 500 - Rahul
      21) Honda Civic - Saran
      22) Honda Civic - Gowtham 
      23) Toyota Corolla Altis - Praveen

• Our picks

• COVID vaccine bot for Hyderabad
      COVID vaccine bot which will check the vaccine availability in Hyderabad.

Click on the link check the vaccine availability group.

https://discord.gg/5kJzBnQf2e

It should be the fastest bot since it is restricted it only for people in Hyderabad.

Highest latency is close to 16 minutes. Planning to cut it down further by adding more servers depending on users. 

Vaccine availability is categorised based on age and vaccine type. 

All the locations across Hyderabad are covered. 

• 1 reply
    • Hyderabad to Chikmagalur road trip
      Summary:
      • 16 replies
    • Hyderabad to Gottamgutta, A short weekend getaway..
      Distance: 120 kms.  Road condition: Excellent (upto Zaheerabad) You divert from the highway towards Chincholi forest reserve near the Mahindra factory exit. The road is a single lane road and through the farms. 
        We started from Miyapur around 7 AM in 3 cars. Packed all the food and water. 
      Note: Be sure to carry your shoes as there would be a short trek to reach the banks of the lake. 
      I will let the pictures do the talking.   The road towards the Chincholi forest after getting down the NH 65

The weather was good as the sun shone gently on us that morning

The entry gate of the Chincholi forest was very welcome

Though it was a mud track beyond the gate, the drive was smooth and fun.

The track will is pretty narrow to just fit in 1 car at a time

Our first pit stop was a small temple enroute amidst the Chincholi forest

• 31 replies
    • Hyderabad Weekend Getaways under 200 kilometers
      Weekend getaways
      • 67 replies
    • Road trip in Electric Vehicle, San Francisco to Los Angeles
      Sharing a road trip experience in Tesla, will be update this log on daily basis(Three days trip). 
      This is not a leisure travel, We had to go on a work trip from SF to LA.
      I will be sharing road trip experience in EV with Pros and Cons when compared with ICE cars.

Car Specifications:
      Range: 600 kilometers per charge (EPA) 0-100: 3.8 Seconds Top speed is limited to 250km/hr  Supports upto Level-3 charging : 250KW/hr Will be sharing more information on Tesla Super chargers in the upcoming posts  
      A day before the trip

Planning:
      Road trips in electric cars need some planning when compared to traditional(ICE) cars. 

STEP 1: 
      You can use Tesla website to plan your trip, Select the car that you are planning to take on a drive Check out the website for fun : https://www.tesla.com/trips SF to LA has close to 10+ Tesla super chargers(Distance : 600+ kilometers)

STEP 2: 
      Calculate total charging time required, you can check Tesla website to understand your trip plan Total charging time required on a 616 kilometers trip is 55 minutes Details given above are in ideal conditions: 90% charge before you start, follow speed limits, no opposite wind, no cold weather(below 0C), no snow storm etc In real world, range varies, this is similar to our ARAI mileage Tesla calculates/displays range based on EPA(ARAI), add 15~20% range error All the Tesla Chargers are located close to some of the best food courts/restrooms  Total saving for the trip when compared with gas cars is 52$

If you have any queries comment below, will answer them.
      • 5 replies