TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

• Our picks

• Ananthagiri Hills, Vikarabad, Monsoon Magic
      When : Saturday, June 15th
      Why : @Saran wanted to drive  
      Where : Anathagiri Hills, Vikarabad.
      Plan: 
      Start early in the morning by 5AM Explore the hills Have breakfast and drive back home by 10 AM  
      Drive was planned in the whatsApp group a day before.
      Me, Dr.Sudhir, Ashwin and Sridhar agreed to join him.
      Had a great time meeting the new and old members.
      Anathagiri hills is beautiful now, starting early morning is the best way to explore the hills.

WhatsApp chat:
      Friday: 
      Saran : Change in my plan to go to Vikarabad tomorrow early morning 5 o clock to enjoy the early morning breeze.
      If anyone is up for it, reply me.

Kumsi : How do u guys wake up at 5 on a weekend? Go for a nice night drive. Weather also seems great. Isn't it?

Me : Keep me into you tentative list.
      If you are planning to drive back by 9/10 AM, I will try to join.
      Breakfast at Haritha, would be ideal.
      @⁨Saran when are you planning to return?

Dr. Sudhir : My question too... Return plan? I would like to join at 5:00 am...  Saturdays r working days for me... For that matter Sundays too... ?

Saran : Before Hyderabad traffic wakes up
      Yep.. Before 9 return

Sridhar : I will also join the drive tomorrow morning if we return by 10
      Will I get the 'roadtrippin' tattoo for my car tomorrow if you are coming??

Me : Yes

Sridhar :  Is the plan on at 5am?

Saran: Will confirm in an hour.
      Confirmed

Ashwin : I'm in.
      Sridhar : 5am, Gachibowli ORR entrance is it

Saran: Yep

Sridhar : Will be at ORR entrance at 5 am

Saturday :
      Me : Good morning 
      Will be there at ORR entrance by 5am.

Dr. Sudhir :  Doesn't look like anyone slept ????

Saran:  Am starting to ORR, Will be there in 15 mins

Ashwin : Me too. See you there guys.

That's how it all started, Thank you saran for taking the initiative.

Places explored in Ananthagiri hills:

Anthagiri hills view point, opposite to the temple Maps :https://goo.gl/maps/1nqWq5v4AP82 Anathagiri hills lake
      Maps :https://goo.gl/maps/6GeP8TC8CZK2 Haritha resort (Breakfast)
      Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/dJck8f1dZJB2
      More information about best places to visit in Ananthagiri Hills:

• 20 replies
    • The Automobile Lighting - Everything You Would Want To Know About Lights.
      "National Crime Record Bureau’s Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India-2014 report stated that poor visibility, animals coming on the roads and parking of vehicles on road shoulders killed hundreds of people in AP and Telangana in 2014-15.
        • Thanks
      • 9 replies
    • Hyderabad hanging bridge is open
      World's Longest Span Concrete Deck Extradosed Cable Stayed Bridge on #DurgamCheruvu today to the wonderful Hyderabadis.
      Another jewel added to the City of Pearls!

• 0 replies
    • Harley Davidson leaving the country?
      Harley is killing manufacturing plant. 
      Service/Spare parts wont be a problem for existing customers.

Will it end with Harley or we will see more manufactures(expensive bikes) leaving the country?
      • 1 reply
    • Hyderabad to Kondaveedu Fort
      We (my son and me) went to Kondaveedu Fort on Jan 13, 2019, in our Baleno. It is approximately 275 km from Hyderabad, and drive time is around 5-1/2 hrs.

Route:
      Hyderabad -> Narketpalli -> Narsaraopet -> Phirangapuram -> Kondaveedu Fort

Short Note:
      Kondaveedu Fort is situated in a beautiful spread of Kondaveedu mountain ranges, located 1700 feet above the sea level and at a distance of 26 kms from Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. The fort being located on a hill top, the view from this place is awe inspiring. And driving through the newly-laid continuous hairpin bend (almost 20) ghat road is exhilarating to say the least. It is a shame that this beautiful place, once flourished as the capital of Reddy kings, could not fast become a tourist hotspot. It is only in recent years, tourists from across the state are thronging the place and enjoying the scenic beauty of the area.

We started from Hyderabad at 5:30 am and reached the fort by 10:30 am. We drove to the top of the hill, spent some time, took some photographs, enjoyed beautiful view of natural scenery and returned back. Unfortunately, we could not get into the fort as renovation work was still going on. Later, we went to Mangalagiri and Kanuka Durga temples and returned back to Hyderabad same day by 7:15 pm. Total trip distance was 635 km.

Since Kondaveedu Fort can be reached easily via road and has excellent roads, I would recommend going here for a picnic and returning on the same day. However, if you want to crash, put up in any hotel in Guntur. Although the roads have been maintained, there are not many options for food and drinks around the fort. However, presently renovation work is going on and no tourists are allowed to go to the top of the hill. We were fortunate enough to be allowed.

• 18 replies