TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Goa

I am planning to go on a road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in the first week of December. I will be driving my 2011 Nissan Micra XV (Petrol). I have a 2 year old baby traveling with me. Need some sugesstions -What is the best route?

- Will a small car like Micra be safe to take for such a distance?

- Can i do non-stop or should i take a halt?

- Is it safe to start late at night from Hyderbad, considering that i am traveling with family?

Your inputs will be very helpful.

• Like 2
  • Avoid night drive on this sections, you will be driving through state highways and villages.
  • You can do it in a single day
  • Start early in the morning (4AM), you will reach by Sunset
  • Micra can do it without any problem, make sure your tyres and brakes are in good shape.
  • Like 1
On 11/9/2020 at 11:52 PM, Abstractdiaries said:

I am planning to go on a road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in the first week of December. I will be driving my 2011 Nissan Micra XV (Petrol). I have a 2 year old baby traveling with me. Need some sugesstions -What is the best route?

- Is it safe to start late at night from Hyderbad, considering that i am traveling with family?

If you are looking to stay in Goa for a couple of days, my very close friend is have a nice property there... I can talk to her and you may stay for a comparitively reasonable price.. ping me on my number 8008983345 (Rajbharat K)

IMG-20201111-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0021.jpg

• Like 2
On 11/9/2020 at 11:52 PM, Abstractdiaries said:

The above link could be of great help to you... Please refer to it. 
Please do update us back on your experience of the road trip when you finish up.. Happy Driving. Cheers!

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Our picks

• KIA Seltos scored 3 Stars in NCAP
      KIA Seltos scored 3 stars in global crash test.

ADULT OCCUPANT
      The protection offered to the driver and passenger head was adequate, both passenger and driver head bottomed out the airbags. Both adult passenger’s neck protection was good. Driver chest showed marginal protection, while passenger chest protection was good. Driver and passenger knees showed marginal protection as they could impact with dangerous structures behind the dashboard supported by the Tranfascia tube. Driver tibias showed weak and adequate protection while passenger’s tibias showed good and adequate protection. The bodyshell was rated as unstable and it was not capable of withstanding further loadings. Footwell area was rated as unstable. The car offers standard SBR for driver and passenger. All of the above explained the three stars for adult occupant protection.

CHILD OCCUPANT
      The child seat for the 3 year old was installed FWF with the adult belt and was not able to prevent excessive forward movement during the impact while it offered poor protection to the head as it contacted with the interior of the car and good protection to the chest. The 18 month old CRs was installed with adult belt rearward facing. The head showed good protection and the chest was protected. The CRSs did not show incompatibility. The manufacturer refused to recommend the CRSs. The vehicle does not offer 3 point belts in all seating positions and it does not offer ISOFIX anchorages. All of the above explained the two stars for child occupant protection.

• 3 replies
    • Hyderabad to Chikmagaur road trip photo log
      Recent Trip on Sep2020, I joined as a 12th men to this trip, 2 cars Polo and XUV 300 with 6 ppl, Road conditions was worst when we took detour towards Nandi hills, better to continue till the Bangalore Airport rd and the connecting road to Hassan, you wont regret only u have to drove 100kms etc compare to Annathapur-Challakere-Chikmaglur.

Note: Book you Homestays before starting from Hyderabad.

This thing costed us a stress and time, as i already mentioned i was a 12th man for this trip😃

• 6 replies
    • Monsoon Diaries  Kund mala and kesarsai dam Pune
      Note: Lockdown is over not the Pandemic. We request travelers to follow all safety measures.
        • Thanks
      • 7 replies
    • Hyderabad to Deverakonda and Nagrajuna Sagar Back Waters
      It was my first road trip in Covid-19 time. My last trip was in Feb-2020 to Kolhapur and since then I was restless for 7 months in Covid. Normally I used to travel during my birthday in July first week and I was planning for a travel despite Covid-19. But the virus did not like the idea and infected me in the end of June and I was almost sick for a month. 

• Thanks
      • 8 replies
    • A baby boy was born in the Indigo flight, Delhi to Bangalore
      In the middle of pandemic and all the chaos some heart warming pictures.

• 2 replies