Jump to content
TriFOD
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Bangalore to Hyderabad to Nagpur to Kanpur


Recommended Posts

Hello friends

 

I am planning to make a trip Bangalore to Hyd to Nagpur to Kanpur starting early next week. I will be driving a SUV

 

I plan to start early morning around 6-7 am and drive for no more than 8-10 hours max with a 10-15 min break for a tea every 3 hours.

 

I have seen some posts about Bglr to Hyd and seem no trouble at all.

 

Can you advise on following:

 

1. Average time generally it takes from Bglr to Hyd, Hyd to Nagpur and Nagpur to Kanpur.

2. Road conditions Hyd to Nagpur to Kanpur

3. Any specific route advised from Nagpur to Kanpur? Also can it be done in one single day? 

4. There seems to be 3 routes per google - which one would you recommend? or any other route? 

5. And in this pandemic area - any recommendations on Tea breaks and Food joints and 

6. Availability of Clean Restrooms/bathrooms

 

Any help is highly recommended. I promise to share full details along with some nice pics of the trip once done for others' benefit. 

 

Thank you folks!

 

image.png.afb141686e821922f933c82314d718a9.png

Edited by FutureIndiaTraveller
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bangalore to Hyderabad roads are excellent.

Hyderabad to Nagpur roads are good as well except for the last 50 kilometres.

 

Usually many people do Bangalore to Nagpur in a single.

No need to halt at Hyderabad.

 

Nagpur to Kanpur roads are mess.

Take the google suggested route, other two roads are not great either.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gowtham said:

Bangalore to Hyderabad roads are excellent.

Hyderabad to Nagpur roads are good as well except for the last 50 kilometres.

 

Usually many people do Bangalore to Nagpur in a single.

No need to halt at Hyderabad.

 

Nagpur to Kanpur roads are mess.

Take the google suggested route, other two roads are not great either.

Thanks Gowtham!

 

Could you also advise if any chain restaurants available and open these days, specially between Hyderabad to Nagpur and Nagpur to Kanpur section. 

 

Thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have done this route via Sagar which wasn’t great either, I would recommend you to go with the route suggested by google maps.. And between Hyderabad and Nagpur, are all good except for a few bad before reaching Bopapur.. 

below are a few images of the same

40CF11B6-61F3-4D56-A381-D72D74C0936D.jpeg.ff2f564f55e2870bb8c2c84d0155801a.jpeg

 

B8971D44-3A55-46EE-9702-29FDFAEAE87B.jpeg.a633d18494350e2ca9658b28cc683e22.jpeg

 

1D28B088-9BDA-4CB7-8DB0-AAA225391D4D.jpeg.3b78e641137aa330e790f5e7d6e2f343.jpeg

 

regarding the restaurants enroute, You have a coffeeday, Restaurant adigas and Zyka restaurant under 150 kms from Hyderabad.. Beyond this point, you will find all small dhabas until you reach Nagpur

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 9:16 PM, FutureIndiaTraveller said:

Hello friends

 

I am planning to make a trip Bangalore to Hyd to Nagpur to Kanpur starting early next week. I will be driving a SUV

 

I plan to start early morning around 6-7 am and drive for no more than 8-10 hours max with a 10-15 min break for a tea every 3 hours.

 

I have seen some posts about Bglr to Hyd and seem no trouble at all.

 

Can you advise on following:

 

1. Average time generally it takes from Bglr to Hyd, Hyd to Nagpur and Nagpur to Kanpur.

2. Road conditions Hyd to Nagpur to Kanpur

3. Any specific route advised from Nagpur to Kanpur? Also can it be done in one single day? 

4. There seems to be 3 routes per google - which one would you recommend? or any other route? 

5. And in this pandemic area - any recommendations on Tea breaks and Food joints and 

6. Availability of Clean Restrooms/bathrooms

 

Any help is highly recommended. I promise to share full details along with some nice pics of the trip once done for others' benefit. 

 

Thank you folks!

 

image.png.afb141686e821922f933c82314d718a9.png

 

I have come back from Ramnagar, Uttrakhand to Bangalore this week.. read my post

I have read lots of posts, people taking Jabalpur route for mid and eastern UP.

You can reach Nagpur in one day, very easy and great roads. Try to keep day 1 lunch packed. Less options post Hyderabad.

Next day go via Seoni, read my post on road condition and how to cross.. Forest guard may ask to take diversion via Katangi, don't do that, it's nightmare is what I heard. 5 min of negotiation and they will let you go..

 

Have a nice trip..

 

 

 

 

Edited by Satyawali
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks friends. I completed this trip yesterday. 2 adults 2 kids and a dog. Car Innova Automatic.  2000km with average  speed 110. 
 

3 days in total.
1. Bglr to Hyd (left 5 pm drove for 7 hours and then stayed for a night at ITC Kakatiya

2. Left for  Nagpur at 12 pm(8 hours + overnight stay at Le meridian. 

2. Left for  Kanpur at 8 am and drove 12hours reached Kanpur 8 pm via Sagar /Jhansi. 

if one leaves Bglr early in morning it’s possible to reach Nagpur in one single day. I did this from Nagpur to Kanpur. 

 

95% of the route was nice. 
 

5%= bad patches right before Hyd, before  Nagpur and after Nagpur (pench national park really nice except for small 1km construction. Leave early from Nagpur to avoid Jam) and right before Kanpur.  
 

while restaurants etc were open we packed our food and Tea (thermos) every morning before leaving home and Hotels.   Did pickup late afternoon lunch from Dominos at Jhansi.  
 

for ladies and kids I highly recommend getting PeeBuddy Toilet seat papers and disinfectant sprays. 

this drive was quick with no tourism purpose. However I will return in Dec Via Rajasthan Guj Mh and Goa to Bglr with full of tourism and longer intermediate stays. I will post details. 
 

thanks Once again for all advice. 
 

if anyone has any Q let me know. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, FutureIndiaTraveller said:

I completed this trip yesterday. 2 adults 2 kids and a dog. Car Innova Automatic.  2000km with average  speed 110. 
 

Thanks a lot for sharing all the desired information.. Waiting to see you finish the whole trip and share more details and pictures.. Wish you happy miles and a safe trip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, FutureIndiaTraveller said:

 

95% of the route was nice. 
 

5%= bad patches right before Hyd, before  Nagpur and after Nagpur (pench national park really nice except for small 1km construction. 

 

Thanks for sharing.

Did you take diversion to katangi to reach seoni or went straight to seoni through road where work is in progress.

 

From other posts, that construction stretch is of 3-4km. 

Is it now reduced to 1km ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 12:35 AM, SanjayK said:

 

Thanks for sharing.

Did you take diversion to katangi to reach seoni or went straight to seoni through road where work is in progress.

 

From other posts, that construction stretch is of 3-4km. 

Is it now reduced to 1km ?

Straigth through seoni. If you go in morning there won't be many and Forest guards will let you go. 

I didn't find it 3-4 KM - or may be I was too happy to see quick pass through :) but it didn't take us more than 10-15 mins to go through that stretch.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 5:25 PM, sagar said:

And between Hyderabad and Nagpur, are all good except for a few bad before reaching Bopapur.. 

below are a few images of the same

40CF11B6-61F3-4D56-A381-D72D74C0936D.jpeg.ff2f564f55e2870bb8c2c84d0155801a.jpeg

 

B8971D44-3A55-46EE-9702-29FDFAEAE87B.jpeg.a633d18494350e2ca9658b28cc683e22.jpeg

 

1D28B088-9BDA-4CB7-8DB0-AAA225391D4D.jpeg.3b78e641137aa330e790f5e7d6e2f343.jpeg

 

An updade:

 

 I drove on 29th May 2021 and found that this stretch in the picture was closed for traffic and it was being repaired.

I hope it would have been repaired and opened for traffic

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Our picks

    • COVID vaccine bot for Hyderabad
      COVID vaccine bot which will check the vaccine availability in Hyderabad.

      Click on the link check the vaccine availability group.
       
      https://discord.gg/5kJzBnQf2e

      It should be the fastest bot since it is restricted it only for people in Hyderabad.

      Highest latency is close to 16 minutes. Planning to cut it down further by adding more servers depending on users. 
       
      Vaccine availability is categorised based on age and vaccine type. 
       
      All the locations across Hyderabad are covered. 
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • Hyderabad to Chikmagalur road trip
      Summary:
        • Like
      • 16 replies
    • Hyderabad to Gottamgutta, A short weekend getaway..
      Distance: 120 kms.  Road condition: Excellent (upto Zaheerabad) You divert from the highway towards Chincholi forest reserve near the Mahindra factory exit. The road is a single lane road and through the farms. 
        We started from Miyapur around 7 AM in 3 cars. Packed all the food and water. 
      Note: Be sure to carry your shoes as there would be a short trek to reach the banks of the lake. 
      I will let the pictures do the talking.   The road towards the Chincholi forest after getting down the NH 65

      The weather was good as the sun shone gently on us that morning


      The entry gate of the Chincholi forest was very welcome


      Though it was a mud track beyond the gate, the drive was smooth and fun.

       
      The track will is pretty narrow to just fit in 1 car at a time



      Our first pit stop was a small temple enroute amidst the Chincholi forest

       

       
        • Like
      • 31 replies
    • Hyderabad Weekend Getaways under 200 kilometers
      Weekend getaways
        • Like
      • 67 replies
    • Road trip in Electric Vehicle, San Francisco to Los Angeles
      Sharing a road trip experience in Tesla, will be update this log on daily basis(Three days trip). 
      This is not a leisure travel, We had to go on a work trip from SF to LA.
      I will be sharing road trip experience in EV with Pros and Cons when compared with ICE cars.

       
      Car Specifications:
      Range: 600 kilometers per charge (EPA) 0-100: 3.8 Seconds Top speed is limited to 250km/hr  Supports upto Level-3 charging : 250KW/hr Will be sharing more information on Tesla Super chargers in the upcoming posts  
      A day before the trip
       
      Planning:
      Road trips in electric cars need some planning when compared to traditional(ICE) cars. 
       
      STEP 1: 
      You can use Tesla website to plan your trip, Select the car that you are planning to take on a drive Check out the website for fun : https://www.tesla.com/trips SF to LA has close to 10+ Tesla super chargers(Distance : 600+ kilometers)
       
      STEP 2: 
      Calculate total charging time required, you can check Tesla website to understand your trip plan Total charging time required on a 616 kilometers trip is 55 minutes Details given above are in ideal conditions: 90% charge before you start, follow speed limits, no opposite wind, no cold weather(below 0C), no snow storm etc In real world, range varies, this is similar to our ARAI mileage Tesla calculates/displays range based on EPA(ARAI), add 15~20% range error All the Tesla Chargers are located close to some of the best food courts/restrooms  Total saving for the trip when compared with gas cars is 52$
       
      If you have any queries comment below, will answer them.
        • Like
      • 5 replies
×
×
  • Create New...