TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

HYDERABAD TO BHUBANESWAR(ODISHA) ROAD TRIP

Friends ....I hope all of you are doing well in such Pandemic Time.....Wishing all of you to have safe on-coming road trips ....as everything slowly opening up .

I am planning for a  road trip from Hyderabad to Bhubaneswar around end of October-2020.  My hometown is Bhubaneswar . This trip was planned in Apill-2020 with a 2 days halt at Vizag but cancelled due to lockdown. This time pretty determined to do this trip due to WFH & kids online classes......😀😀😀

This will be my first road trip to Bhubaneswar from Hyderabad. I will drive single in my TOYOTA ETIOS SEDAN (VD-SP) with my wife and my two daughters. I have confidence to drive this 1100 km in one day  ( exactly my home is 1084km from PUPPALAGUDA , MANIKONDA near to AIIMs BHUBANESWAR). Earlier I had driven around 21hrs in one day for covering 753 km (HYDERABAD TO OMKARESWAR ....the ROAD condition was very very bad on this trip) . So I think I can drive through this 1100km as I expect the roads are almost 4 lane along with NATIONAL HIGHWAY all the way. Of-course  there will be couple of breaks like BREAKFAST,LUNCH,EVENING SNACKs and probably dinner as well along with couple of bio breaks as needed. 

Couple of preparation notes as below.

1. It will be one day drive to Bhubaneswar without any night halt .

2. Planning to start at Morning 4AM and reach Bhubaneswar by late evening on the same day.

3. The car has new tyres ( replaced all 4 in Feb-2019 ) and Battery was replaced around Mid-2019. The annual servicing was also done in Aug-2020. The pollution check was done with insurance is renewed. So the vehicle is all set for the long trip.

4. The FASTTAG account has been charged with Rs.1200. I guess till Bhubaneswar  Rs.1200 toll should be enough .

5. Planning to pack all food items (breakfast, lunch, snacks, fruits ) and water cartoons.  No plan at all to go to any local shop/restaurant except re-fuelling on the way to Bhubaneswar due to Covid . 

3. I guess it will be all straight road (NATIONAL HIGHWAY) till Bhubaneswar. Plan to take HYDERABAD-VIJAYAWADA-ELURU-RAJAHMUNDRY-TUNI-VISAKHAPATNAM-VIZIANAGARAM-SRIKAKULAM-BERHAMPUR-BHUBANESWAR. The roads should be mostly 4 lane till Bhubaneswar and roads must be in good condition as per feedback received from fellow friends.

While crossing cities like VIJAYAWADA, RAJAHMUNDRY , VISAKHAPATNAM , I guess , I need not to enter inside these cities. It will just be like passing  these cities on the highway like we cross KURNOOL,ANANTAPUR etc....while travelling to Bangalore.

I also assume that no more E-PASS is required to pass through ANDHRA PRADESH and there should not be long queues of vehicle in the AP check posts as heared earlier  during lockdown times.

Any feedback or suggestion from all of you whoever has done this road trip recently will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

There is another route from HYDERABAD to BHUBANESWAR , Which I am planning to take .

HYDERABAD-BHADRACHALAM-MALKANGIRI-JEYPORE-KORAPUT-RAYAGADA-ADAVA-MOHNA-TAPTAPANI-DIGAPAHANDI-BERHAMPUR-BHUBANESWAR. 

This route till DIGAPAHANDI is full of GHATs and very scenic. If the road conditions are ok, Driving in this route would be a absolute bliss.

I am quite familiar with the route JEYPORE-KORAPUT-RAYAGADA-ADAVA-MOHNA-TAPTAPANI-DIGAPAHANDI-BERHAMPUR-BHUBANESWAR  though not sure how is the road condition in these recent years having not been to my home town (BUBANESWAR ) from last 4 years. As per some feedback from friends , the stretch JEYPORE-KORAPUT-RAYAGADA-ADAVA-MOHNA-TAPTAPANI-DIGAPAHANDI is good . The stretch between BERHAMPUR-BHUBANESWAR is undergoing road widening . So there are lots of diversions. 

My main worry in this route is the road condition between HYDERABAD to BHADRACHALAM and BHADRACHALAM to MALKANGIRI . If anyone has recently travelled in this route kindly let me know the ROAD CONDITION.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally the trip from HYDERABAD to BHUBANESWAR has been completed . I took the route 

HYDERABAD-SURYAPET-KHAMMAM-BHADRACHALAM-MALKANGIRI-KORAPUT-RAYAGADA-ADAVA-MOHNA-DIGAPAHANDI-BERHAMPUR-BHUBANESWAR.

It was a complete 1300 km drive with  2 night halt in KORAPUT. Some sight seeing were done around KORAPUT.

The roads are good through out this trip except a around total 40km bad stretch throughout ....The roads are full of forest and breathtaking from BHADRACHALAM-MALKANGIRI-KORAPUT-RAYAGADA-ADAVA-MOHNA-DIGAPAHANDI.....If someone wants to enjoy nature and love forest ...Please take this stretch ...It will not disappoint you ...

I will upload all the road picture and live videos of this entire trip within next couple of days ...

It is a complete TOLL FREE ROAD from SURYAPET-KHAMMAM-BHADRACHALAM-MALKANGIRI-KORAPUT-RAYAGADA-ADAVA-MOHNA-DIGAPAHANDI-BERHAMPUR. I paid two tolls from HYDERABAD to SURYA PET and two tolls from BERHAMPUR to BHUBANESWAR.

• Like 1
On 10/30/2020 at 1:11 PM, Guest Amulya said:

Hey, when are you planning to go? I too am planning so can we go together?

This trip is completed ..I started from HYDERABAD on 28th Oct and  reached KORAPUT on same day . Did 2 night halt in KORAPUT and started from KORAPUT on 30th Nov and reach Bhubaneswar same day.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

This trip is completed ..I started from HYDERABAD on 28th Oct and  reached KORAPUT on same day . Did 2 night halt in KORAPUT and started from KORAPUT on 30th Nov and reach Bhubaneswar same day.

Excellent @BORNDRIVER.. This is totally a new route to me.. Waiting to see the pictures of the beautiful views you had come across and the bad roads of the 40 kms you mentioned... Koraput is a place totally new to my ears.. How developed is this and how are the accommodation options to stay with families?

7 hours ago, sagar said:

Excellent @BORNDRIVER.. This is totally a new route to me.. Waiting to see the pictures of the beautiful views you had come across and the bad roads of the 40 kms you mentioned... Koraput is a place totally new to my ears.. How developed is this and how are the accommodation options to stay with families?

KORAPUT is a part of south orissa and it is basically a hill town. It is abasically a tribal area but has developed into a decent town with all modern facilities. Not only KORAPUT but its surroundig areas like JEYPORE,SUNABEDA, MALKANGIRI,DAMANJODI,RAYAGADA are very very decent towns. This south orissa is full of DENSE FOREST, MOUNTAINS ,DENSE FOREST etc ....The SOUTH ORISSA trip itself is a full itnery . There are many water falls .....small montaiin rivers along the way .....

If we see GOOGLE MAP the stretch BHADRACHALAM-MALKANGIRI-KORAPUT-RAYAGADA-ADAVA-MOHNA-DIGAPAHANDI is 581 km. Out of this 581 km 500km is dense forest & ghat roads. In every 1 to 2 km there will be turn and even blind and sharp turns. 

From MALKANGIRI TO KORAPUT,We pass through JEYPORE which is one of the biggest town in south orissa. I prefr to do night halt in JEYPORE but I have relatives in KORAPUT . So I stayed in KORAPUT . In KORAPUT there are not much options but there are few. I stayed in HOTEL RAJ RESIDENCY. Not a good one but average one but qite ok for 1 to 2 night stay . You will get this hotel details in GOOGLE and can be booked through GOIBIBO.

KORAPUT,JEYPORE,SUNABEDA, MALKANGIRI,DAMANJODI,RAYAGADA are very very decent towns.

I will upload all the photos of road condition and videos very shortly.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@BORNDRIVERGood know about this new place.. This sure has the charm to grow into the next big tourist spot in Orissa.. Thanks a lot for introducing us to a new place.. Waiting to see a post on all the tourist activities and attractions in and around Koratpur.. Thanks much for sharing such valuable information..

On 11/5/2020 at 2:46 PM, BORNDRIVER said:

KORAPUT is a part of south orissa and it is basically a hill town. It is abasically a tribal area but has developed into a decent town with all modern facilities. Not only KORAPUT but its surroundig areas like JEYPORE,SUNABEDA, MALKANGIRI,DAMANJODI,RAYAGADA are very very decent towns. This south orissa is full of DENSE FOREST, MOUNTAINS ,DENSE FOREST etc ....The SOUTH ORISSA trip itself is a full itnery . There are many water falls .....small montaiin rivers along the way .....

If we see GOOGLE MAP the stretch BHADRACHALAM-MALKANGIRI-KORAPUT-RAYAGADA-ADAVA-MOHNA-DIGAPAHANDI is 581 km. Out of this 581 km 500km is dense forest & ghat roads. In every 1 to 2 km there will be turn and even blind and sharp turns. 

From MALKANGIRI TO KORAPUT,We pass through JEYPORE which is one of the biggest town in south orissa. I prefr to do night halt in JEYPORE but I have relatives in KORAPUT . So I stayed in KORAPUT . In KORAPUT there are not much options but there are few. I stayed in HOTEL RAJ RESIDENCY. Not a good one but average one but qite ok for 1 to 2 night stay . You will get this hotel details in GOOGLE and can be booked through GOIBIBO.

KORAPUT,JEYPORE,SUNABEDA, MALKANGIRI,DAMANJODI,RAYAGADA are very very decent towns.

I will upload all the photos of road condition and videos very hortly.

I am planning to take road route from Hyderabad to Rayagada on 28th Nov. Can you please tell me the road condition? How much time did you take to reach Jeypore?