TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Hyderabad to Rourkela Trip by Road

Hello Friends,

I am planning for a road trip from Hyderabad to Rourkela via Nagpur in the month of Nov'20 ( approx 1200 kms). I shall be the solo driver for the journey with family accompanying ( small kid along). Need help with few points:

1> Can i make the journey in one day... provided i start very early morning like 3-4 AM.. understand the initial stretch from Hyd is smooth till Adilabad, so early morning drive shud be fine.

2> Have a 5 year old i20 with 36K on it... any checks or pointers to be taken care of for the vehicle for this long run.

3> what will be approx duration for below streches based on road conditions, breaks and other external factors: ( please provide feedback even if you have covered 1 or 2 stretchs of the mentioned routes below )

a> Hyd to Nagpur - 500 kms - Approx time ?? Average speed ??

b> Nagpur to Raipur - 290 kms - Approx time ?? Average speed ??

c> Raipur to Rourkela - 450 kms - Approx time ?? Average speed ??

4> If i need to take a night halt in/around Raipur, what area could be a better option to stay.. want to avoid bigger cities due to ongoing COVID situation. Is it safe to stay overnight at a hotel considering i have a 4 YO kid with me travelling.

Kindly help with these pointers . Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Edited by Gourav
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Gourav said:

Can i make the journey in one day

Not possible in a single day. 
I would suggest you to take halt.

Are you a single driver for the entire trip?

• Like 2

Avoid driver, not a practical solution. They expose a lot to the unknown people.

Taking a halt is the safest option. 
I have stayed in couple of hotels without any issues, though no one can predict about COVID.

Raipur has good hotels, most of the branded hotels like Hyatt and Marriot should be safe.

• Like 2

Since your car is around 40k, Make sure your tyres and brake pads are in good shape.  i20 is a pretty reliable car, no need to worry much.  All the best for your drive and drive safe.

• Like 1

Thanks Gowtham and Karthik.... from the vehicle perspective, whats the ideal distance range i should consider to take a break for vehicle i.e. engine and tyres to cool down a bit ? and for what duration the break shud be for the vehcle...15 -20 mins enough ?

• Like 2

There is no need to take a break for car. 
Cars are designed to travel more than 1500+ kilometers non stop

But drivers need to take breaks regularly.
Carry lot of water and energy bars, Keep yourself hydrated.

Make sure you recharge your fast-tag. 

Reliance petrol pumps are good on highways, for washroom breaks. 

• Like 2

Hey @Gourav, Be sure to start from Hyderabad by 4 AM on Day 1 and you can stop at Nagpur for Lunch between 1 to 2 PM .. 

Road Conditions are not great between Nagpur and Raipur.. You will reach Raipur by 9 PM.. 

On Day 2 You can start late around 9 AM form Raipur after breakfast via Sambalpur and you will reach Rourkela by 7 PM...

Do update us back on the current road status after you finish your trip.. Drive safe!

hey Sagar...

thanks for the info.... from your reply it looks like you mean i will have an average speed of 50-55 kmph max for the whole distance and all stretches covering from Hyderabad till Rourkela....

Are the road conditions so bad that one can only make this average speed throughout ??

• Like 1