TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Bangalore to Bareilly Road trip

Planning to drive from Bangalore to Bareilly (UP) in Oct 20.. We are family of 4 and a dog. Dog is the reason of driving down this distance.

Have read lots of posts that Bangalore to Nagpur is doable in one day. Planning as below

Start early from Bangalore, reach Nagpur by late evening.

Next day Nagpur to Gwalior and third day Gwalior to Bareilly

Route

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur

Nagpur - Seoni - Narsinghpur - Sagar - Lalitpur -  Jhansi - Gwalior

Gwalior - Agra - Hathrus - Budaun - Bareilly

If anyone can give inputs on following

- Read a lot about bad road conditions around Hinganghat - Is it still the same

- Nagpur - Seoni - Narsinghpur is beter or Nagpur - Chhindwara - Narsinghpur

Road conditions on Nagpur to Agra on above route.. I don't have many expectations with Agra to Bareilly. 

Pet friendly stay options before or after Nagpur and Gwalior

Food options on route..

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Satyawali said:

- Read a lot about bad road conditions around Hinganghat - Is it still the same

Hi @Satyawali, would recommend a route change at this moment. Avoid the Seoni route currently as it has become worse than Hinganghat..

Hyderabad to Adilabad : Excellent toll road(one of the best in the country)

Adilabad to Hinganghat : You will come across very bad patches and the worst part is they collect tolls on this stretch. 

Hinganghat to Nagpur : Road are excellent, you will encounter traffic as you get near to Nagpur.

Crossing Nagpur is pain, there is no outer ring road or bypass. 
Due to metro work there are many bottle necks and diversions. 

It will take around 40mins+ to cross Nagpur. 

Nagpur to Sagar : Has 4-lane toll road, Ghat section and single lane roads.
Your average wont be more than 50km/hr.
Ghat section is very smooth but drive cautiously.

You can follow the rest of the route as per your plan.

Drive Safe!

Do update us back on the road conditions once your done with your trip..

Sagar Accommodation:
Sagar town is located little away from Highway, you need to take a diversion from the highway. 

Road leading to town is little isolated(during night), no need to panic.

1. Hotel crown palace (best option, recommended for families)

https://goo.gl/maps/ntszPcNfdE62

2. Hotel Royal palace (ideal for bachelors and cheap) 

https://goo.gl/maps/PNhrTfswQJ82

3. Hotel Sagar Saroja spa and resort (ideal for bacherlors, rooms are big and they have a nice swimming pool, hotel is located in the interior areas of Sagar, approach roads are bad)
https://goo.gl/maps/199CNAoeriw

Hyderabad to Nagpur roads are excellent, complete 4-lane toll road, except for last few kilomteres.

Plan your stay in Nagpur. Nagpur has plenty of options.

You need to plan Nagpur to Barielly carefully. 
Very limited facilities on these roads. 

Avoid night drives, once you cross Napur, you will find plenty of stray animals on the highway.
Cows literally sleep on highway. Be cautious when the lighting is low. 

10 hours ago, Gowtham said:

Hyderabad to Nagpur roads are excellent, complete 4-lane toll road, except for last few kilomteres.

Plan your stay in Nagpur. Nagpur has plenty of options.

You need to plan Nagpur to Barielly carefully. 
Very limited facilities on these roads. 

Avoid night drives, once you cross Napur, you will find plenty of stray animals on the highway.
Cows literally sleep on highway. Be cautious when the lighting is low. 

Thanks Gawtham.. Yes we plan to stay at Nagpur.. As we have dog (small Shih Tzu breed) not all hotels we can stay in.. MY first preference was Le Meridien but they dont allow Pets. I have only only option as of now - JK Rooms 146 Check Inn Service Apartment - which is near to Airport. Wanted more options along with highway...

There are several resorts in Pench but not sure if we will be able to cover that distance and will they be open late night..

We don't plan to drive in night beyond 10PM..

• Like 1
13 hours ago, sagar said:

Sagar Accommodation:
Sagar town is located little away from Highway, you need to take a diversion from the highway. 

Road leading to town is little isolated(during night), no need to panic.

1. Hotel crown palace (best option, recommended for families)

https://goo.gl/maps/ntszPcNfdE62

2. Hotel Royal palace (ideal for bachelors and cheap) 

https://goo.gl/maps/PNhrTfswQJ82

3. Hotel Sagar Saroja spa and resort (ideal for bacherlors, rooms are big and they have a nice swimming pool, hotel is located in the interior areas of Sagar, approach roads are bad)
https://goo.gl/maps/199CNAoeriw

Hi,

Staying at Sagar will be difficult  as I don't think we will be able to drive Blr to Sagar on first day..

• Like 1
14 hours ago, sagar said:

Hi @Satyawali, would recommend a route change at this moment. Avoid the Seoni route currently as it has become worse than Hinganghat..

Hyderabad to Adilabad : Excellent toll road(one of the best in the country)

Adilabad to Hinganghat : You will come across very bad patches and the worst part is they collect tolls on this stretch. 

Hinganghat to Nagpur : Road are excellent, you will encounter traffic as you get near to Nagpur.

Crossing Nagpur is pain, there is no outer ring road or bypass. 
Due to metro work there are many bottle necks and diversions. 

It will take around 40mins+ to cross Nagpur. 

Nagpur to Sagar : Has 4-lane toll road, Ghat section and single lane roads.
Your average wont be more than 50km/hr.
Ghat section is very smooth but drive cautiously.

You can follow the rest of the route as per your plan.

Drive Safe!

Do update us back on the road conditions once your done with your trip..

Thanks Sagar, so you recommend avoiding Seoni and taking Nagpur - Chhindwara - Narsinghpur?

• Like 1

Yeah if you are going to stay at Nagpur, I would recommend you for a resort kind of stay as they usually allow pets inside unlike the regular hotels or even Home stays are decent. Be sure to make a call before you make a booking and then proceed.. 

Do share your reviews about the drive and recent road status after you finish up the trip. Safe drives! 

• Like 1
On 9/26/2020 at 4:21 AM, Satyawali said:

I read on one of the forum that Nagpur - Seoni road is closed till Nov.. Can someone confirm

Wow planning is very extensive. All the best for your drive. 
I would suggest you to check with locals once you reach Nagpur.

Nagpur to Seoni has lot of patch work going on, you need to get the latest information. 
I am not sure about road closure since it is a busy highway. 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:51 PM, Satyawali said:

I read on one of the forum that Nagpur - Seoni road is closed till Nov.. Can someone confirm..

Yes, That is a recent update we’ve received and that’s the reason I’ve suggested you to take up the route via chindwara though the road conditions seemed worse.. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So we have started the trip yesterday at 4:45 AM and reached Nagpur by 6PM with one hour of total breaks in between...

Roads are great with few exceptions from Hinganghat to Pune.. couple of overbridge wasted around 30 min.. 

Today we will try to cover till Gwalior.. we planned to strat at 8AM, looks like we are already late. Kids are yet to wake up..

More details later.. 

• Like 2

So we have reached Gwalior. Staying at Shubhim Highway Treat just after Gwalior bypass.. Nice rooms..

Started bit late from Nagpur at 8:30AM against planned 8AM.. Wasted some time as lost way within Nagpur then again lost some time to find place for breakfast, did not get anything.. Decided to find something on way towards Seoni..

Right after Nagpur, as soon aa the highway starts, MP police stopped us and asked for permit to carry dog with me image.gif.20788204072b8fb4d9fd1639c5876bbf.gif. then asked original papers.. When pushed back that there is no permit needed for domestic pet and now originals need not to be carried, they walked off.

Picked up Poha, Samosa and Kachori from a road side staff just before Pench. Tasted awesome.

At Nagpur we checked with a driver on road status at Seoni and said it is closed by by the power of Gandhi ji they will let us do otherwise we have to take 60KM extra on single lane road with trucks which will add anther couple of hours. Followed is instructions, Ghandi ji is universal truth and works everywhere .

Roads are great till Lalitpur, after that lots of patch work. Gwalior bypass is worse. Was able to maintain cruise at 140 till Lalitpur post that 120..

Lots of cows on road and local traffic (bikes with triple riders). Have to be bit careful.

Tomorrow Gwalior to Home at Bareilly. Should ne 5 - 6 hours..

More later 

Edited by Satyawali
Formatting..
  • Like 2

Started around 8:30AM from Gwalior and reached home at Bareilly at 2:30PM.. Did not go via Hathrus as planned, instead took Etah route. Roads were mix bag. Some section were 4 lane, some were single.. Traffic was typical of UP, had hard time negotiating overtake.. Happy that reached by 2:30 against Google prediction of 4:30PM.

3 days, Bangalore to Bareilly, 2150KM. Good to be home..

• Like 2