TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

It was 1 of August I was browsing TripAdvisor for resorts and planning my road trip to Bhandavgarh when I received a message in the WhatsApp group from @PrashantKMathur sir. I never miss his messages, and so this one. I was surprised and happy on seeing the message about the most loved SUV and most awaited drive from Ford. I immediately cancelled all my meet-up plans for the weekend.

Fast forward to 3 days, it was Sunday, the drive day. I woke up early in the morning, took my camouflaged rain jacket which I bought for the monsoon drive meet-up but never wore and begin driving towards Chevella. The traffic throughout the drive was almost nill and I could constantly maintain 60kmph enjoying the empty road, drizzle and my TDCi engine's roar.

The area is 70kms away from my house and I reached the venue by 10:00 AM starting at 8:15 AM with 20mins break waiting for my friend who never turned up. 

I was the first person apart for Team Ford. Was received really well by Vibrant Ford AGM and team where I get my car serviced and by Modi Ford team where I bought my car. 

20 minutes later after finishing all the formalities and coffee break I was into the huge and beautiful Off-roader the ENDEAVOUR. 

I was accompanied by Mr. Sarath Ford's off-road trainer and he took me for the first round. The track was really good with lush green trees surrounded and even more tricky due to continuous rain and drizzle the night before event. He explained me everything about the capabilities of the vehicle, different drive modes and showed me how it performed in 4low with ease and how it struggled in 4high.

The track and the experience was so good that I wanted to go on another round and he agreed for it.

Finished two rounds of the drive and the time was 11:00 AM when I met @Jag's. Few minutes of discussion with the trainer and AGM Vibrant Ford sales I was back into my car carrying all the memories and small souvenir (Ford Hat) from the trainer going back home. 

Off-road Track.20190804_105542-01.jpeg

These obstacles were really scary to see.

20190804_104007-01.jpeg

20190804_103253-01.jpeg

20190804_101946-01.jpeg

20190804_105316-01.jpeg

A small souvenir from the trainer (Ford Hat) on the music system.

20190805_102344-01.jpeg

He's the trainer Mr. Sarath. 

20190804_105332.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, sagar said:

Must have been quite an experience.

Yes was really a good experience. Only disappointment is the water wading pool which they closed. The previous day due to continues rains Endeavour got stuck and still they were unable to move it. I love water wading and spilling water when it rains. 

3 hours ago, sagar said:

The venue looks like Mr. Ravinder reddy's farm track near Sania Mirzas Tennis academy.

It's Challa Farms. I don't know if it's the same. 

IMG-20190801-WA0039.jpg

Edited by SK01
  • Like 2
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, sagar said:

event by Vibrant Ford

No the event was organised by Ford India. Vibrant and Mody Ford participated inviting their customers. I don't know if Fortune Ford participated. 

Also I guess they have a target for inviting people. Mody Ford sales executive who met me on the way on their Endeavour TD car guided me to the location and asked me to write their event head name in the registration form along with Vibrant Ford's name. Dealers who participate bring their own Endeavour 4*4 for the event and they ensure people invited them get into their car. For example I was invited by Vibrant Ford, a person from Vibrant was along with me till my round was finished. They ensure that I go in their Endeavour not other dealer's. 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, ksa171983 said:

personal vehicles from other manufacturers allowed?

@ksa171983 there are chances if you know the Dealership event head well and if you're car is capable. There is another track their with slush and water wading pool which is doable for my Freestyle till the pool. Unfortunately the track was closed because of Endeavour getting stuck there the previous day and continues rains. Probably in dry season they may allow me to take my car. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By sagar
      Hyderabad to Koilsagar - Overnight BBQ camp under the stars - Report 

When: April 22nd 2017
      Where: Koilsagar reservoir
      Distance: 140 Kilometres

Objective :
      A small gathering with all the 'India-drive men'  at the banks of the Koilsagar reservoir for an overnight camp besides Barbecue under the beautiful night skies to study the star trials.

Destination description:
      Koilsagar is a reservoir which stretches across Peddavaagu (A minor tributary of river the Krishna). 
      The western stretch of this picturesque reservoir is surrounded by hills making it a beautiful treat to eyes both during sunrise and sunset.

Hyderabad to Koilsagar route:
      Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Devarkadra --> Koilsagar project

Video:

Participants:
      1) Hyundai Grand i10 - Sugandhar
      2) Hyundai Grand i10 - Pinaki
      3) Maruti Suzuki Swift - Anand
      4) Hyundai i20 Elite - Ravi Teja
      5) Hyundai i20 Elite - Jagadish
      6) Hyundai i20 Elite - Chinmai
      7) Volkswagen Polo - Ashwin
      😎 Volkswagen Polo - Raghunandan
      9) Hyundai Accent Viva - Surya
      10) Ford Figo Aspire - Bhargav
      11) Maruti Suzuki Swift Dezire - Vishu
      12) Mahindra Thar - Ravi Teja
      13) Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Srinivas
      14) Ford Ecosport - Vinay
      15) Ford Ecosport - Varun
      16) Maruti Suzuki SX4 - Tej
      17) Hyundai Verna - Madhavi
      18) Hyundai Verna - Nishant
      19) Hyundai Creta - Sagar
      20) Mahindra XUV 500 - Rahul
      21) Honda Civic - Saran
      22) Honda Civic - Gowtham 
      23) Toyota Corolla Altis - Praveen

• By Gowtham
      December long weekend getaway plans from Hyderabad?

1. Hyderabad to Goa :
      Nothing can beat December vibes of Goa
      No of days : 4/5 days
      Road condition: Average 
      Latest road condition : https://www.trifod.com/index.php?/topic/1505-hyderabad-to-goa-road-trip-nov-2020/

2. Hyderabad to Ooty : (4 /5 days)
      The queen of hill stations
      Road condition: Excellent

3. Hyderabad to Chikmagalur : (4 days)
      The queen of hill stations
      Road condition: Excellent

4. Hyderabad to Maredumilli: 
      Winter is the best time to visit
      No of days : 4 days
      Road condition: Good

• By Gowtham
      List of places to visit around Hyderabad which are under 100 kilometers

Miss road trips/traveling during COVID times? Here are the list of weekend getaways around Hyderabad which can be done without any outside contact. Pack your breakfast/lunch/water plan to start early in the morning from Hyderabad visit and place come back by afternoon.

1. Kondapochamma sagar reservoir:

2. GottamGutta Forest Hike:

3. Singur Dam:

4. Vikarabad Forest:

5. Bhongir Fort:

6. Rachakonda Fort:

7. Ranganayaka sagar reservoir:

8. Pocharam wildlife and reservoir:

9. Bidar Fort:

• By Gowtham
      Top restaurants on Hyderabad to Vijayawada highway which has decent parking and washrooms:

7 Food Court Raju Gari Thota Village Aharam Hotel Vivera N-Grill Palle Ruchulu Border restaurant Subbaiyya Gari hotel  
      Tip: Suryapet has plenty of options. Usually it is an ideal stopover. 
    • By mit1682
      The covid19 pandemic is not over. We request travelers to follow SMS
      ‘Sanitizer Mask Social distancing’

The weather in Hyderabad added charm in atmosphere. We decided to explore Gottam gutta which was there in my Bucket list and pending for long time.

Planning done, day decided (Friday as being less crowed).

My companion in travel:
      Car Baleno Zeta CVT – reliable partner. Smartphone Poco f1 – all the photos were taken with it. And most importantly Home minister and leader of opposition (son). They rule the house and without them trip is impossible.
      Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling

Things to carry:
      Own food and water to avoid contact with outsider. Sun cream, sunglasses & Hats. Umbrella (due to rainy season). Trekking shoes (useful for trekking).  
      Difficulty level:
      No problem for elders and kids.  Care to be taken while trekking at Chincholi wildlife sanctuary. People with difficulty in breathing should avoid it.  
      Road condition:
      Roads are good till Zaheerabad. After that it is mixed of good and bad road but manageable by car and bikes.  
      Best time to visit:
      The monsoon is the best season to visit the place with family and tourists will not regret having chosen the destination. If you hate crowed and wants to enjoy peacefully then plan trip on weekdays.    
      Introduction to Gottam gutta:
      People looking for adventure and Nature lovers can relax at the picturesque Gottam Gutta located on the Telangana-Karnataka border. Surrounded by forests and eddies of the Chandrampally dam on the Bhima River in Karnataka.
      The government of Karnataka built the project in the village of Chandrampally in Chincholi Taluka of the district of Gulbarga.

Gottam Gutta Route Map:
      To reach gottam gutta there are two routes.
      One is a regular route through the village where the dam is also present; the name of the dam is Chandrampalli dam.
      Another route is through few small villages and a forest. 

Hyderabad > Sangareddy > Zaheerabad > Govindapur >  Mogudampalli > Chincholi wildlife sanctuary > Gottam Gutta

We took first route to reach dam and second route for return journey.

Best places to visit in this area:
      Chandrampalli dam. Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary. Ethipotala falls.  
      1. Details about Chandrampalli dam:
      Chandrampalli Dam is built across the Bhima River. The dam is located in Chandrampalli village of Chincholi taluq under the Gulbarga district of Karnataka. As one of the main dams in the district, dam is responsible for the irrigation of several villages in Chincholi taluka.

Quick Facts
      Built on: River Bhima
      Type: Earthen Dam with Left Bank spillway
      Length: 926.54 meters
      Height: 28.65 meters above the foundation
      Full Reservoir Level (FRL): 493.16 feet
      Maximum Water Level (MWL): 496.21 meters
      Number of gates: 6
      Purpose: the Irrigation project

Travel. Because money returns. Time doesn’t.

I travel so my life isn’t disrupted by routine

2. Details about Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary:
      Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary was declared a sanctuary in 2011 and extends over 134.88 Sq.kms. It is the first dry land Wildlife Sanctuary in South India. This is the only area in the Hyderabad Karnataka Region with rich floristic diversity. The forest hosts rich biodiversity. Apart from medicinal herbs and trees, species like Red Sanders and Sandalwood are found abundantly.

Main highlights:
      Safe haven for Wolf and Hyena: Wolves and Hyenas are the primary attractions of Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary. Spread over five blocks: Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary consists of five blocks- Chincholi Forest, Sangapura Forest, Bhonsapur Forest, Magdumpur Forest and Shadipur forest.  Rich Flora: Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary is home to dry and moist deciduous trees in its core zone and teak, acacia plantations in the outer area.  Medicinal herbs, sandalwood and red sanders trees are also found in Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary. Local Tribes: Chincholi is also home to Lambani Tandas, a protected tribal community that lives in the forests in harmony with nature.
       Look at life through the windshield, not the rear view mirror

Go find yourself

Take memories, leave footprints

We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

3. Details about Ethipotala falls:

Ethipothala Falls (Zadi Malkapur Falls) is a 20 feet & 40 Feet seasonal waterfall cascade, situated at Telangana-Karnatak Border 20 KM from Zaheerabad.
      This is a Seasonal waterfall starts from Kohir Mandal, Kohir in local slang means "red diamond". The "Pati Matti" once mixed with water turns into very strong material fit for construction of multistoried buildings.

Over this journey you can experience the lush green fields on red soil.

Let's wander where the wifi is weak

Hey GPS, let’s take the scenic route today

This guide is meant for beginner travellers who could use a little help with structuring their short trip.
      I aim to create travel Vlogs and guides to inspire others. And equip with useful + valuable insights for your next adventure. Most importantly to make genuine connections and new friends. Let’s explore the world together.
      follow me on Instagram :@nomadic_mit.          

• Our picks

• Sumadhura Vasavi Olympus, Nanakaramguda
      Project name :  Sumudhura Vasavi Olumpus

Builder company/name :  Sumudhura

Project Status: Pre-Launch

Project price(per sqft) : 
      Booking(EOI) Process : Just Submit an Expression Of Interest along with 5L check (without date/signature/name) & KYC. (NRI's can submit a soft copy/scan of check) Payment : Booking amount is due only after Unit selection (Expecting in next couple of weeks). Pre-Launch Price : In the range of Rs 6599-6999 / sft (With Home Loan) for Initial 100 Bookings, final price will be disclosed before flat selection.  Launch Price : Tentatively Rs 7299 / Sft or above.  Full Payment Option : Tentatively at Rs 5500 per sft.   
      Project location:  Nanakaramguda

Google maps link :  https://goo.gl/maps/GgbtacUST3uS98dS9

Project RERA: GHMC Approved, Awaiting RERA. Construction works started.

Possession Timeline:  NA

Project Amenities: All modern amenities

Location Advantages : 
      At the Heart of Financial District Walkable to IT Companies / SEZ Next to WaveRock SEZ, Apple, Amazon and Upcoming Google. Great access and Connectivity to ORR /City.  High Rental and ROI as it is already in well developed location.  
      Project details:
      Two Towers each 44 Floors in 5.5 Acres, Total ~850 Units.

• 2 replies
    • India tops the world in road accidents
      "India tops the world in road crash deaths and injuries. It has 1 per cent of the world's vehicles but accounts for 11 per cent of all road crash deaths, witnessing 53 road crashes every hour; killing 1 person every 4 minutes"

• 3 replies
    • Hyderabad to Koilsagar road trip and camping
      Hyderabad to Koilsagar - Overnight BBQ camp under the stars - Report 

When: April 22nd 2017
      Where: Koilsagar reservoir
      Distance: 140 Kilometres

Objective :
      A small gathering with all the 'India-drive men'  at the banks of the Koilsagar reservoir for an overnight camp besides Barbecue under the beautiful night skies to study the star trials.

Destination description:
      Koilsagar is a reservoir which stretches across Peddavaagu (A minor tributary of river the Krishna). 
      The western stretch of this picturesque reservoir is surrounded by hills making it a beautiful treat to eyes both during sunrise and sunset.

Hyderabad to Koilsagar route:
      Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Devarkadra --> Koilsagar project

Video:

Participants:
      1) Hyundai Grand i10 - Sugandhar
      2) Hyundai Grand i10 - Pinaki
      3) Maruti Suzuki Swift - Anand
      4) Hyundai i20 Elite - Ravi Teja
      5) Hyundai i20 Elite - Jagadish
      6) Hyundai i20 Elite - Chinmai
      7) Volkswagen Polo - Ashwin
      😎 Volkswagen Polo - Raghunandan
      9) Hyundai Accent Viva - Surya
      10) Ford Figo Aspire - Bhargav
      11) Maruti Suzuki Swift Dezire - Vishu
      12) Mahindra Thar - Ravi Teja
      13) Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Srinivas
      14) Ford Ecosport - Vinay
      15) Ford Ecosport - Varun
      16) Maruti Suzuki SX4 - Tej
      17) Hyundai Verna - Madhavi
      18) Hyundai Verna - Nishant
      19) Hyundai Creta - Sagar
      20) Mahindra XUV 500 - Rahul
      21) Honda Civic - Saran
      22) Honda Civic - Gowtham 
      23) Toyota Corolla Altis - Praveen

• 45 replies
    • Hyderabad, How to remove Bank Hypothecation without agent?
      Received form 35 and NOC from SBI on 06 Feb 2021. I was happy that loan closed but next challenge was how to contact RTO of hypothecation removal.

Searched on internet and there was mixed response. 

Contacted few agents, they quoted me charges ranging from 1200 to 2500 based on how urgent we need it.

But decided to give a try by myself. Searched on net and found below link, 

https://www.transport.telangana.gov.in/html/registration-hptermination.html

Once you will click it, it will redirect to other link shown as below

https://tgtransport.net/tgcfstonline/Registration/RegistrationOnline.aspx?Trans=HAT

click on Hypothecation/ Hire Purchase/ Lease Termination

If you have original RC then click on YES. Then below window will be open

Once you will type above details, in next window you will get your full details. I was not sure whose number to be typed at financer mobile number i typed mine alternate number and it worked 😆. Once click you will be directed to slot booking window (image only for ref)

Click on available slot. Once that is done you will be asked to pay charges. (image just for ref) fees is around 635. Take print out of it (important)

Once all done take below document to respective RTA. Below documents required

1. Original RC
      2. Printout of slot booking form
      3. Form 35, 2 nos (original)
      4. NOC from bank (original)
      5. Valid insurance (Xerox)
      6. Aadhar (Xerox)
      7. One small polythene pouch to keep original RC in it. At RTA they are charging Rs 5. And for printout it is Rs 10

also keep below doc in case they want (not asked to me)
      1. PUC Xerox
      2. PAN card Xerox
      3. Residence proof

In my case it was RTA Rangareddy. Mine slot booking was on 12 Feb 2021 01:40 to 01:50

Reached there around 12. Agents started chasing me. But i decided not to pay attention. Went to window No 4. Waited for 10 min.

Officer took my documents checked for 30 seconds and issued me slip. Asked me to go to window 6 for photo.

Went to window 6 waited for 10 min. officer took my slip, done some typing on screen took my photo and signature. And told me that RC will be received via post.

Everything done in 30 min of time, no agent. 

Mine application is approved on same day. Now waiting for RC😏

• Thanks
      • 19 replies
    • FASTag is mandatory now or pay double price
      FASTag is mandatory or pay double price. 

Govt: Statement 
      Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has decided that all lanes in the fee plazas on National Highways shall be declared as FASTag lane of the fee plaza w.e.f midnight of 15th/16th February 2021.Therefore, as per NH Fee Rules 2008, any vehicle not fitted with FASTag or vehicle without valid, functional FASTag entering into the FASTag lane of the fee plaza shall pay a fee equivalent to two times of the fee applicable to that category

• Haha
      • 12 replies