Jump to content
TriFOD
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Hyderabad to Nagpur Road Trip


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

i completed the trip. Sorry for the delay.

i started early morning around 5.00 and was able to cover till nagpur by 11.30. No fog observed as i was expecting in december. The road was quite good, except for a few bad patches. I was able to reach jabalpur by 4.30 pm in the evening.

let me know if you guys need more details.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pankaj

Hi Dhananjay,

 

Is there enough Petrol pump in between Hyd - Nagpur and From Nagpur to Bhopal.

 

Are these open in night? I m planning to drive on night from Hyderabad to Nagpur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pankaj

Hi, 

I need to drive from Hyderabad to Katni via Nagpur, Jabalpur. If I start by 3 am from Hyderabad, will I will be able to reach by 5 pm?

Or shall I start early.

 

How is the road condition.

And fueling station, whether at night to e will get easily.

 

Regards,

Pankaj

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 12:49 AM, PranavPandey said:

Hi guys, 

i completed the trip. Sorry for the delay.

i started early morning around 5.00 and was able to cover till nagpur by 11.30. No fog observed as i was expecting in december. The road was quite good, except for a few bad patches. I was able to reach jabalpur by 4.30 pm in the evening.

let me know if you guys need more details.

Hi,

 

I m planning road trip from Hyderabad to Katni via Nagpur, Jabalpur.

 

I like to cover-up in a single day, if I start by 3am from Hyderabad , will it be possible to reach Katni by 5pm?

 

How the road conditions, From Hyd- NGP, Ngp-Jabalpur?

 

Are enough Petrol pump and open in night time?

 

Regards,

Pankaj

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I just drove down from hyd (gachibowli)1230h to Nagpur(Sonegaon) 1835h. Completed the trip in jus above 6 hrs. Roads are gud except for one odd few patches after crossing Maharashtra border near Hinganghat. Date was 19th Jun 20. So almost all petrol pumps were open by day. Not sure of night. Its better to top up at hyd n start. U'll be able to reach nagpur by late morning hours and continue. 

 

Safe driving... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 1:36 AM, PankajUpreti said:

How the road conditions, From Hyd- NGP, Ngp-Jabalpur?

Hi @PankajUpreti.

Your drive would really be a hectic one considering the current situation of interstate transfers. The roads all the way are good except for a bit around hinganghat. If you start at 3 AM you would reach late in the night..

Quick tip: Keep filling up to full in Nagpur when you enter the city. Try to avoid the fuel stations on the highways.

I would suggest you to break down at Nagpur for a night and continue your journey the next day to Katni.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 12:49 AM, PranavPandey said:

let me know if you guys need more details.

 

Hi Pranav, Thanks a lot for updating.. Could you please mention the route taken and road status in detail.. ? Would be really helpful. TIA..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sagar said:

Hi @PankajUpreti.

Your drive would really be a hectic one considering the current situation of interstate transfers. The roads all the way are good except for a bit around hinganghat. If you start at 3 AM you would reach late in the night..

Quick tip: Keep filling up to full in Nagpur when you enter the city. Try to avoid the fuel stations on the highways.

I would suggest you to break down at Nagpur for a night and continue your journey the next day to Katni.

 

But in present situation , it is not good to stay thats why I like to do in single stretch.

 

From Hyd to NGP road r good but I m not having too much about NGP to Jabalpur and then Katni.

 

If u know please let me know.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The roads are very good from Hyderabad to Nagpur, I had travelled in February 2020,i was able to reach in 7 hours, 

 

So you can reach at 10 am to nagpur without break, take a break to fill petrol at Nagpur. 

 

 

Nagpur to Jabalpur the road is good except for 10-15 kms patch is not good.few diversions were there may be now improved. 

 

You can cover up to Jabalpur in 4-5 hours, from there to katni I don't have idea. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ravipatil said:

The roads are very good from Hyderabad to Nagpur, I had travelled in February 2020,i was able to reach in 7 hours, 

 

So you can reach at 10 am to nagpur without break, take a break to fill petrol at Nagpur. 

 

 

Nagpur to Jabalpur the road is good except for 10-15 kms patch is not good.few diversions were there may be now improved. 

 

You can cover up to Jabalpur in 4-5 hours, from there to katni I don't have idea. 

Thanks a lot

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pankaj,

 

As far as I remember there are enough Petrol pumps between HYD and NGP, though not sure about their operations during night, mostly it should be working round the clock.

It is just 500 KM from HYD -. NGP and if you top-up near Adilabad, I dont think you need any other fuel break. 

NGP -> BPL -- There are enough Petrol pumps on the way, no worries. Again it is  351 Km , via Betul, Hoshangabad road. So, if you do a full tank at NGP outskirts, I don't think you need any fuel break after that till Bhopal.

Not sure, how many times, you have covered HYD to NGP. But, it will be good, if you can avoid night driving on that route. Try to start early morning( around 4:00-5:00AM) from HYD.  

 

Please do post your experience post journey. 

 

Have a safe trip.

 

Thanks,

Dhananjay

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:52 AM, Dhananjay said:

Hi Pankaj,

 

As far as I remember there are enough Petrol pumps between HYD and NGP, though not sure about their operations during night, mostly it should be working round the clock.

It is just 500 KM from HYD -. NGP and if you top-up near Adilabad, I dont think you need any other fuel break. 

NGP -> BPL -- There are enough Petrol pumps on the way, no worries. Again it is  351 Km , via Betul, Hoshangabad road. So, if you do a full tank at NGP outskirts, I don't think you need any fuel break after that till Bhopal.

Not sure, how many times, you have covered HYD to NGP. But, it will be good, if you can avoid night driving on that route. Try to start early morning( around 4:00-5:00AM) from HYD.  

 

 

Thanks a lot @Dhananjay, for sharing your feedback about the current road status on the route. Much helpful.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to travel from Hyderabad to Bhopal next week via same route with my family. I am planning on covering the entire stretch in a day.

 

I am specially concerned about the security of the entire stretch during this pandemic, particularly Betul to Bhopal part.

 

Also, do I need to get pass for the travel? Now that the inter-state movements are allowed. However, will get if anyone has faced any issues related to this.

 

Any advice will be helpful.

 

Thanks,

Saurabh

Edited by Saurabh02
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saurabh02 said:

I have to travel from Hyderabad to Bhopal next week via same route with my family. I am planning on covering the entire stretch in a day.

 

I am specially concerned about the security of the entire stretch during this pandemic, particularly Betul to Bhopal part.

 

Also, do I need to get pass for the travel? Now that the inter-state movements are allowed. However, will get if anyone has faced any issues related to this.

Any advice will be helpful.

 

Thanks,

Saurabh

 
 

Hey Saurabh,

I did hyderabad to jabalpur on 20th june. the road from hyderabad to nagpur is great. The only bad patch is in hinganghat.
We were not asked for a pass. However, on telangana border a checkpost was made and driver name,car number, passenger names were noted. we were handed a carbon copy of what they had written.We were again stopped at maharashtra entry and car number, driver name and number were noted down. After that, we were not stopped anywhere. We passed through nagpur as we had to take the chindwara route bcz of a diversion near seoni.
If you leave early(around 4AM), you will be able to reach bhopal before sunset if the roads are as good as they are hyd to ngp. I have done hyderabad to jbp twice and the driving time for both the trips was around 11hrs or so.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by PranavPandey
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 12:56 PM, sagar said:

 

Hi Pranav, Thanks a lot for updating.. Could you please mention the route taken and road status in detail.. ? Would be really helpful. TIA..

Sure.
On my December trip the route i took was:
Hyderabad > Nizamabad > Adilabad > Hinganghat > Through nagpur bypass > Seoni > Jabalpur
The road was bad(10-15Kms) before seoni in the ghat section.

On my postlockdown trip to jabalpur the route i took was:
Hyderabad > Nizamabad > Adilabad > Hinganghat > Nagpur City> Chindwara(via NH 47, 547) > Seoni> Jabalpur
- The chindwara ghat section has some steep ghats, be careful :)
- Nagpur to chindwara and to seoni is two lane and at some places its too narrow.


Had to take a diversion to chindwara as the ghat section before seoni is under construction and the newspapers in jbp reported that the road is closed. 
I had to travel till Allahabad for both the trips, let me know if you guys want details of that route as well.
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PranavPandey said:

Hey Saurabh,

I did hyderabad to jabalpur on 20th june. the road from hyderabad to nagpur is great. The only bad patch is in hinganghat.
We were not asked for a pass. However, on telangana border a checkpost was made and driver name,car number, passenger names were noted. we were handed a carbon copy of what they had written.We were again stopped at maharashtra entry and car number, driver name and number were noted down. After that, we were not stopped anywhere. We passed through nagpur as we had to take the chindwara route bcz of a diversion near seoni.
If you leave early(around 4AM), you will be able to reach bhopal before sunset if the roads are as good as they are hyd to ngp. I have done hyderabad to jbp twice and the driving time for both the trips was around 11hrs or so.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Pranav for the update. This is very helpful!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, PranavPandey said:

Sure.
On my December trip the route i took was:
Hyderabad > Nizamabad > Adilabad > Hinganghat > Through nagpur bypass > Seoni > Jabalpur
The road was bad(10-15Kms) before seoni in the ghat section.

On my postlockdown trip to jabalpur the route i took was:
Hyderabad > Nizamabad > Adilabad > Hinganghat > Nagpur City> Chindwara(via NH 47, 547) > Seoni> Jabalpur
- The chindwara ghat section has some steep ghats, be careful :)
- Nagpur to chindwara and to seoni is two lane and at some places its too narrow.


Had to take a diversion to chindwara as the ghat section before seoni is under construction and the newspapers in jbp reported that the road is closed. 
I had to travel till Allahabad for both the trips, let me know if you guys want details of that route as well.
 

Year back I drive from hyd to jbp via nagpur -chindwara, road is awesome staight road without any bump you can easily maintain speed of 120 - 140 in day as well as night, so cover this part in night time and post nagpur to bhopal road is not good so cover it in day time

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove from Hyderabad to Nagpur today (27th July 2020).

 

Left Gachibowli area around 1130. Got to Nagpur City Limits by 1900.

 

BORDER CROSSING: At the Maharashtra border entry check post, I was just asked questions verbally by a couple of officials sitting there. They asked me where I was coming from, where I was headed (MP), and whether I had made sure I had passes for wherever it is I was going. No passes or Documents were actually checked.

 

PASSES: I did apply yesterday (26th) for a “Nagpur to MP Destination city” pass from the MH Police Site. It was first rejected when I put my Hyderabad address, with reason “Outside Jurisdiction”. I then re-applied with the address of my hotel in Nagpur, and put travel date of 28th, which is when I will drive from Nagpur to MP. The second time it was approved in minutes. This pass was not required / asked to be shown while entering MH.

 

As far as I can tell, the Maharashtra Police system issues passes of 2 types: (1) Intra-Maharashtra, (2) Maharashtra to outside. It does not have an option to get a pass for say Hyderabad to Nagpur. But that was not required, based on my experience.

 

I also got me a pass from the MP Website. Again not required not even asked for so far, but just to be safe. The MP pass requires no approval from anyone. It is free for everyone (unless you intend to enter Bhopal, where there is a lockdown in force, and for which I do not know the requirements or process).

 

ROAD CONDITION: Excellent throughout Telangana. No surprises or sudden potholes or bumps that I can remember.

 

However, the Maharashtra side of the journey is not to be taken lightly. You could legit break your car if it isn’t a huge jeep or SUV. Once you exit the last toll tax in Telangana (Pippalwada), the one after Adilabad exit from the highway, you need to be careful.

 

I will highly recommend driving the Adilabad to Nagpur patch while there is daylight. Leave early from Hyderabad if you need to.

 

There are sudden huge potholes in a bunch of places after entering Maharashtra. From this point until this point please drive very carefully.


Even after that, all the way until Nagpur do not consider the road to be trustworthy like it was back in Telangana. Speed past 100 only at your own risk.

 

TOLLS: I have FASTag and I highly recommend it. Total cost of HYD-NGP Tolls was 660 Rupees, charged through FASTag (I exited Hyderabad through KPHB and Bollaram road, so no ORR Toll).
One place (can't remember which one but pretty sure it was in Maharashtra) which didn't have FASTag and looked like a very shady toll tax booth stopped me but when I asked them to charge me using FASTag, the guy in the booth just signalled to the guy standing outside, who had stopped me, and they opened the barrier and let me through. Mysterious.


happy travelling!

Edited by sankalpk
Add FASTag info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sankalpk said:

I drove from Hyderabad to Nagpur today (27th July 2020).

 

On 7/20/2020 at 4:26 AM, PranavPandey said:

On my December trip the route i took was:

 

Thank you for the updates guys.
Very helpful information. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Yesterday I drove from Hyderabad to Katni via Nagpur with Family.

 

We started from Hyderabad at 5 am morning.

 

Our speed through out the journey was 90-110 KMPH.

 

Weather was good, no rain by God Grace.

 

Hyderabad to Nagpur:

 

(1) Roads from Hyderabad to Maharashtra border is very good. Speed u can drive 100-120 KMPH as per ur driving skills. We drove fast as we have to cover 900 km in a single day and in daytime only.

 

(2) Once u cross Maharashtra toll, roads were not good as it was before sudden ups and down, pothole can be experienced, one or two location we also got jerk... Then our speed got slow to 80-90 know KMPH.

 

(3) We crossed Nagpur and took Jabalpur Highway around 11 am.

 

(4) Must carry Fastag....and total toll was around ₹700.

 

(5) At Maharashtra border they will ask from u about ur name, where u r heading, having pass or not, contact number and number of passengers.

They won't check pass, just they will ask whether u have or not. If u say yes, they won't ask to show.

 

Nagpur To Jabalpur

 

(1) Road was again good , speed 100-110 KMPH.

 

(2) To our sudden surprise, road was blocked around 180 km before Jabalpur for construction work, because of which we are forced to take turn towards Katangi the via reached Jabalpur.

 

(3) Due to this turn the we drove 90 km extra. This road was single lane but good.

 

(4) One have to take extra care as somewhere road pases from Forest

 

(5) One Jeep started following us, then I drove at 110-120 KMPH.

 

(6) The road then connect with SH ,there are sudden big potholes on the mid of road.

 

(7) One Ghat road was also there, drive carefully.

 

(8) Afterwards, it connects to NH 44.

 

(9) Advice, please always fill the petrol once ur tank is half empty.

 

(10) Drive carefully, u don't find garages also for rectify any damages.

 

(11) Carry ur car Air Tyre refueler.

 

(12) U will get it ₹1600 from Amazon.

 

Jabalpur to Katni

 

(1) Road was good and no disturbing found.

 

(2) Only ,one thing, always have full tank.

 

Total Journey Time: 12 hrs.

Total Km covered: 960 km

 

I drove too fast and in single stretch, no break in midway as my intention is to cover all distance in daylight only.

 

Hope above will be helpful, in case of any more information, please post.

 

Regards,

Pankaj Upreti

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PankajUpreti said:

Hope above will be helpful,

 

Excellently put up.. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and road status about the stretch you have done offlate.. This could be very helpful for the members.. Cheers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 8:17 PM, sankalpk said:

I drove from Hyderabad to Nagpur today (27th July 2020).

 

Left Gachibowli area around 1130. Got to Nagpur City Limits by 1900.

 

BORDER CROSSING: At the Maharashtra border entry check post, I was just asked questions verbally by a couple of officials sitting there. They asked me where I was coming from, where I was headed (MP), and whether I had made sure I had passes for wherever it is I was going. No passes or Documents were actually checked.

 

PASSES: I did apply yesterday (26th) for a “Nagpur to MP Destination city” pass from the MH Police Site. It was first rejected when I put my Hyderabad address, with reason “Outside Jurisdiction”. I then re-applied with the address of my hotel in Nagpur, and put travel date of 28th, which is when I will drive from Nagpur to MP. The second time it was approved in minutes. This pass was not required / asked to be shown while entering MH.

 

As far as I can tell, the Maharashtra Police system issues passes of 2 types: (1) Intra-Maharashtra, (2) Maharashtra to outside. It does not have an option to get a pass for say Hyderabad to Nagpur. But that was not required, based on my experience.

 

I also got me a pass from the MP Website. Again not required not even asked for so far, but just to be safe. The MP pass requires no approval from anyone. It is free for everyone (unless you intend to enter Bhopal, where there is a lockdown in force, and for which I do not know the requirements or process).

 

ROAD CONDITION: Excellent throughout Telangana. No surprises or sudden potholes or bumps that I can remember.

 

However, the Maharashtra side of the journey is not to be taken lightly. You could legit break your car if it isn’t a huge jeep or SUV. Once you exit the last toll tax in Telangana (Pippalwada), the one after Adilabad exit from the highway, you need to be careful.

 

I will highly recommend driving the Adilabad to Nagpur patch while there is daylight. Leave early from Hyderabad if you need to.

 

There are sudden huge potholes in a bunch of places after entering Maharashtra. From this point until this point please drive very carefully.


Even after that, all the way until Nagpur do not consider the road to be trustworthy like it was back in Telangana. Speed past 100 only at your own risk.


happy travelling!

Hi @Sankalp - MH rejected my epass request stating fitness certificate required. did you had to furnish fitness certificate? how to get the same? is it required for all traveleres

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I went to a doctor in the neighbourhood (I drove around looking for a small and less busy clinic, since I wanted to avoid a place where I may pick up COVID). I explained the situation and asked for a certificate saying that the subject (me) does not have any COVID Symptoms.

The doctor checked my BP, Temperature, asked a few questions, and then issued a certificate. Attaching mine here for your reference. He charged me 500 Rupees for it, which is the same as what you pay many places for consultation, so I paid without trying to negotiate. Maybe you could get a better rate per member from the doctor you go to.

 

image.png.594158154b2e8b89ebbc362ada5eaaea.png

 

I think it will be needed for all travelers. In my case, I was the only traveler.

Edited by sankalpk
Update info
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

@Dhananjay,

 

Thanks for sharing your trip inforamtion, am also plaing same trip BLR->BPL via HYD.. and your post is helpful, as I am also planing to cover BLR to NGP in one day and taking rest at NGP in night and again start next morning..

Any other tips/info if you have to share specially considering that am also travelling with familu and in Maruti Baleno

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Namdeo G
On 1/20/2020 at 4:31 AM, Dhananjay said:

Hi Pranav,

 

Did you complete your trip. 

If yes, could you please update on the current road condition, specially between Adilabad and Nagpur.

 

Thanks,

Dhananjay

 

I am planning to go from Bangalore to Jabalpur too

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Our picks

    • COVID vaccine bot for Hyderabad
      COVID vaccine bot which will check the vaccine availability in Hyderabad.

      Click on the link check the vaccine availability group.
       
      https://discord.gg/5kJzBnQf2e

      It should be the fastest bot since it is restricted it only for people in Hyderabad.

      Highest latency is close to 16 minutes. Planning to cut it down further by adding more servers depending on users. 
       
      Vaccine availability is categorised based on age and vaccine type. 
       
      All the locations across Hyderabad are covered. 
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • Hyderabad to Chikmagalur road trip
      Summary:
        • Like
      • 16 replies
    • Hyderabad to Gottamgutta, A short weekend getaway..
      Distance: 120 kms.  Road condition: Excellent (upto Zaheerabad) You divert from the highway towards Chincholi forest reserve near the Mahindra factory exit. The road is a single lane road and through the farms. 
        We started from Miyapur around 7 AM in 3 cars. Packed all the food and water. 
      Note: Be sure to carry your shoes as there would be a short trek to reach the banks of the lake. 
      I will let the pictures do the talking.   The road towards the Chincholi forest after getting down the NH 65

      The weather was good as the sun shone gently on us that morning


      The entry gate of the Chincholi forest was very welcome


      Though it was a mud track beyond the gate, the drive was smooth and fun.

       
      The track will is pretty narrow to just fit in 1 car at a time



      Our first pit stop was a small temple enroute amidst the Chincholi forest

       

       
        • Like
      • 31 replies
    • Hyderabad Weekend Getaways under 200 kilometers
      Weekend getaways
        • Like
      • 67 replies
    • Road trip in Electric Vehicle, San Francisco to Los Angeles
      Sharing a road trip experience in Tesla, will be update this log on daily basis(Three days trip). 
      This is not a leisure travel, We had to go on a work trip from SF to LA.
      I will be sharing road trip experience in EV with Pros and Cons when compared with ICE cars.

       
      Car Specifications:
      Range: 600 kilometers per charge (EPA) 0-100: 3.8 Seconds Top speed is limited to 250km/hr  Supports upto Level-3 charging : 250KW/hr Will be sharing more information on Tesla Super chargers in the upcoming posts  
      A day before the trip
       
      Planning:
      Road trips in electric cars need some planning when compared to traditional(ICE) cars. 
       
      STEP 1: 
      You can use Tesla website to plan your trip, Select the car that you are planning to take on a drive Check out the website for fun : https://www.tesla.com/trips SF to LA has close to 10+ Tesla super chargers(Distance : 600+ kilometers)
       
      STEP 2: 
      Calculate total charging time required, you can check Tesla website to understand your trip plan Total charging time required on a 616 kilometers trip is 55 minutes Details given above are in ideal conditions: 90% charge before you start, follow speed limits, no opposite wind, no cold weather(below 0C), no snow storm etc In real world, range varies, this is similar to our ARAI mileage Tesla calculates/displays range based on EPA(ARAI), add 15~20% range error All the Tesla Chargers are located close to some of the best food courts/restrooms  Total saving for the trip when compared with gas cars is 52$
       
      If you have any queries comment below, will answer them.
        • Like
      • 5 replies
×
×
  • Create New...