TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

13 hours ago, PariyaTushar said:

Hi Shekhar, I am planning to drive to Tirupati. Hope the road is safe for night drive with family. Any additional information of stay at tirupati in current covid times will be more useful. Thanks in advance.

There are a chain of really good hotels in Tirupati and I suggest you to stay at any of these for better sanitisation standards.

Marasa Sarovar Premier, Fortune, Taj, Viceroy and Minerva..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pixelton Pi

I am Planning a trip from hyderabad to tirupati on 19th . can anyone suggest the best route from hyderabad to tirupati 

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 8:59 AM, Guest Pixelton Pi said:

I am Planning a trip from hyderabad to tirupati on 19th . can anyone suggest the best route from hyderabad to tirupati 

HYDERABAD - JADCHERLA - MAHBUBNAGAR - NANDIYAL - KADAPA - TIRUPATHI

• Like 2
On 12/25/2020 at 9:01 PM, PariyaTushar said:

Hi Shekhar, I am planning to drive to Tirupati. Hope the road is safe for night drive with family. Any additional information of stay at tirupati in current covid times will be more useful. Thanks in advance.

The stretch from Jadcherla to Kadapa is so good. From Kadapa to Tirupathi also its good. But roads are some what bad in Tirupathi due to the flyover works going on in Tirupathi from MS Subbalakshmi Circle to Nandi circle. The road conditions form Hyderabad to Jadcherla is also good but due to traffic is more in this stretch. 

Kadapa to Tirupathi is a 2 lane road as the whole stretch goes from forest. If you are having good driving skills, yes you can manage at night time. When we went to Tirupathi we have crossed Kadapa by 10:00PM and reached Tirupathi by 12:30Am. So, you can plan accordingly based on your driving skills.

"Just take more care between Kadapa and Tirupathi while driving"

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Agastya

planning to drive from Hyderabad(Uppal) to Tirupathi. going through the thread via kurnool and kadapa is looking better for both onwards and return. please suggest based on latest experiences.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:37 PM, Guest Agastya said:

planning to drive from Hyderabad(Uppal) to Tirupathi. going through the thread via kurnool and kadapa is looking better for both onwards and return. please suggest based on latest experiences.

Yes, for onward journey going through Kurnool and Kadapa is good. But plan accordingly so that you can escape city traffic. My suggession is to leave in early hours  (3:00AM) to escape Hyderabad city traffic.

If you are planning to visit Srikalahasthi in return, It is better to take NH16 at Naidupet. From Ongole you have to take diversion to Narketpally expressway where you can enter NH65 near Narketpally and you can reach Uppal easily by which has chance of escaping the city traffic.

Tirupathi  to Srikalahasthi : 34km with average road conditions.

Srikalahasthi to Naidupet : 28km with average road conditions.

Naidupet to Ongole: 198km with a 6 lane highway (NH16). Also, road conditions are excellent.

Ongole to Narketpally: 241km with a 4 lane expressway (NAM expressway). Road conditions are pretty good.

Narketpally to Uppal : 82km with a 4 lane highway (NH65). Road conditions are pretty good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Manjutrav said:

Yes, for onward journey going through Kurnool and Kadapa is good. But plan accordingly so that you can escape city traffic. My suggession is to leave in early hours  (3:00AM) to escape Hyderabad city traffic.

Thanks a lot for sharing such important information, what would be best stay options and restaurants on the way? What time would one probably reach Tirupati if the journey starts at 3 AM?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Agastya said:

thanks a lot. if i plan to skip srikalahasti do you give preference to kurnool route for return too?

Yeah, you can stick with Kurnool route.

• Like 2
On 3/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, Agastya said:

thanks a lot. if i plan to skip srikalahasti do you give preference to kurnool route for return too?

also please Indicate travel times if i start at 3am

If you start at 3:00Am, you will reach Tirupathi by 11:00Am (This was our travel time when we visited Tirupathi recently and we are from LB Nagar)

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Gowtham
      Road trip experience in a Tesla

Sharing a road trip experience in EV with Pros and Cons when compared with ICE cars.
      This is not a leisure travel, We had to go on a work trip from SF to LA. I tried to capture as many details as possible.

Car Specifications:
      Range: 600 kilometers per charge (EPA) 0-100: 3.8 Seconds Top speed is limited to 250km/hr  Supports upto Level-3 charging : 250KW/hr Auto Pilot  Will be sharing more information on Tesla Super chargers in the upcoming posts  
      A day before the trip

Planning:
      Road trips in electric cars need some planning when compared to traditional(ICE) cars. 

STEP 1: 
      You can use Tesla website to plan your trip, Select the car that you are planning to take on a drive Advantages with Tesla is super charging network Check out the website for fun : https://www.tesla.com/trips SF to LA has close to 10+ Tesla super chargers(Distance : 600+ kilometers)

STEP 2: 
      Calculate total charging time required, you can check Tesla website to understand your trip plan Total charging time required on a 616 kilometers trip is 55 minutes Details given above are in ideal conditions: 90% charge before you start, follow speed limits, no opposite wind, no cold weather(below 0C), no snow storm etc In real world, range varies, this is similar to our ARAI mileage Tesla calculates/displays range based on EPA(ARAI), add 15~20% range error All the Tesla Chargers are located close to some of the best food courts/restrooms  Total saving for the trip when compared with gas cars is 52$

• By travellerHP
      Hi,

Im planning to drive from Delhi to Hyd in last week of March. I would like, if there any good hotel for family in Nagpur-Hyd Highway.

Any leads is highly appreciated.

Regards,
      Sudhir
    • By sagar
      Hyderabad to Koilsagar - Overnight BBQ camp under the stars - Report 

When: April 22nd 2017
      Where: Koilsagar reservoir
      Distance: 140 Kilometres

Objective :
      A small gathering with all the 'India-drive men'  at the banks of the Koilsagar reservoir for an overnight camp besides Barbecue under the beautiful night skies to study the star trials.

Destination description:
      Koilsagar is a reservoir which stretches across Peddavaagu (A minor tributary of river the Krishna). 
      The western stretch of this picturesque reservoir is surrounded by hills making it a beautiful treat to eyes both during sunrise and sunset.

Hyderabad to Koilsagar route:
      Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Devarkadra --> Koilsagar project

Video:

Participants:
      1) Hyundai Grand i10 - Sugandhar
      2) Hyundai Grand i10 - Pinaki
      3) Maruti Suzuki Swift - Anand
      4) Hyundai i20 Elite - Ravi Teja
      5) Hyundai i20 Elite - Jagadish
      6) Hyundai i20 Elite - Chinmai
      7) Volkswagen Polo - Ashwin
      😎 Volkswagen Polo - Raghunandan
      9) Hyundai Accent Viva - Surya
      10) Ford Figo Aspire - Bhargav
      11) Maruti Suzuki Swift Dezire - Vishu
      12) Mahindra Thar - Ravi Teja
      13) Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Srinivas
      14) Ford Ecosport - Vinay
      15) Ford Ecosport - Varun
      16) Maruti Suzuki SX4 - Tej
      17) Hyundai Verna - Madhavi
      18) Hyundai Verna - Nishant
      19) Hyundai Creta - Sagar
      20) Mahindra XUV 500 - Rahul
      21) Honda Civic - Saran
      22) Honda Civic - Gowtham 
      23) Toyota Corolla Altis - Praveen

• By mit1682
      Received form 35 and NOC from SBI on 06 Feb 2021. I was happy that loan closed but next challenge was how to contact RTO of hypothecation removal.

Searched on internet and there was mixed response. 

Contacted few agents, they quoted me charges ranging from 1200 to 2500 based on how urgent we need it.

But decided to give a try by myself. Searched on net and found below link, 

https://www.transport.telangana.gov.in/html/registration-hptermination.html

Once you will click it, it will redirect to other link shown as below

https://tgtransport.net/tgcfstonline/Registration/RegistrationOnline.aspx?Trans=HAT

click on Hypothecation/ Hire Purchase/ Lease Termination

If you have original RC then click on YES. Then below window will be open

Once you will type above details, in next window you will get your full details. I was not sure whose number to be typed at financer mobile number i typed mine alternate number and it worked 😆. Once click you will be directed to slot booking window (image only for ref)

Click on available slot. Once that is done you will be asked to pay charges. (image just for ref) fees is around 635. Take print out of it (important)

Once all done take below document to respective RTA. Below documents required

1. Original RC
      2. Printout of slot booking form
      3. Form 35, 2 nos (original)
      4. NOC from bank (original)
      5. Valid insurance (Xerox)
      6. Aadhar (Xerox)
      7. One small polythene pouch to keep original RC in it. At RTA they are charging Rs 5. And for printout it is Rs 10

also keep below doc in case they want (not asked to me)
      1. PUC Xerox
      2. PAN card Xerox
      3. Residence proof

In my case it was RTA Rangareddy. Mine slot booking was on 12 Feb 2021 01:40 to 01:50

Reached there around 12. Agents started chasing me. But i decided not to pay attention. Went to window No 4. Waited for 10 min.

Officer took my documents checked for 30 seconds and issued me slip. Asked me to go to window 6 for photo.

Went to window 6 waited for 10 min. officer took my slip, done some typing on screen took my photo and signature. And told me that RC will be received via post.

Everything done in 30 min of time, no agent. 

Mine application is approved on same day. Now waiting for RC😏

• By RoadTripper
      Hyd-Dwaraka Thirumala-Vijayawada-Amaravathi-Suryalanka Beach-Hyd

Total Distance Covered: 1012 KMS
      Vehicle: Nissan Micra 
      Fuel: Petrol
      Mileage: 21+ kmpl with A/C all the time(2 Adults and 1 kid).
      No. of Days: 3 
      From Jan 25th to 27th 2021.
      Total Tolls: 823/- [Through Fastag 705/- + cash 118/- ]
      Route expedition Via Google Maps
      Carried Snacks, water can and other essentials to shorten our halts during the journey due to covid....
      ** SINGLE HAND DRIVING

Day 1:
      Route: Hyderabad- Vijayawada- Dwaraka Thirumala.

Total distance covered on day 1 :  412 KMS

Total Time: 7 hours 8 min with 2 breaks.

Almost after an year planned for a short trip post Lockdown and all went well and a very much needed break.

Started by 4:25 AM from Hyderabad and reached Dwaraka thirumala by 11:15 AM with 2 breaks.

As usual roads are pleasant to drive until Vijayawada.. But the strech between Vijayawada(Gannavaram) and Eluru is still under construction with lots of diversions. After crossing Eluru via bypass, the roads are in very bad condition from Bhimadole to Dwaraka.

Done with darshanam and spent an hour or so at the temple premises. Started from Dwaraka and halted at friends place in Eluru.

Day 2:
      Started from Eluru at 5:10AM to Vijayawada kanaka durgamma temple and reached by 6:45AM.... 1 hr 36 min journey time.
      Covid rules are strict and darshanam done in 30 min.

Free darshanam is not available via Hill... only through 100/- or 300/- tickets. 

For free darshanam, park the vehicle below the hill and through stairs you need to reach for darshanam which is free.

Started towards Amaravathi(Amaralingeswara swamy temple) and opted to go through Guntur road rather than the Karakatta road was not in a good shape. 

Journey was 1 Hr 25 min and Roads are in good to drive

After completing darshanam started towards Suryalanka beach via Guntur.
      It took 2 Hrs 45 min to reach the destination, roads after crossing Guntur are just average and full of patches...road traffic is not much but due the road condition it took long.

Reached Suryalanka Haritha Resort and checked in by 1:28 PM

** If you are planning to stay in Suryalanka Haritha resort, make sure to book it in a week advance. During weekends the cost of the rooms are high and less on weekdays.
      Rooms are Good, I have took the AC standard room which costed me 2400+taxes. 

All the rooms including deluxe and started AC rooms are having the Beach view

Cottages are constructed in 2 rows , front row are the Deluxe cottages and backside row are the Standard AC rooms. In standard AC rooms there are 2 rooms, one in Ground floor and other on the first floor. I opted for the 1st floor room for the beach view. 

Note: Rooms are allotted on First come first serve basis, so its better to arrive on time to get the best room(With all functionalities ).  

When it comes to Food options, only Haritha resort restaurant at suryalanka beach and for snacks we can go for the fried fishes along the roadside exactly opposite to the Haritha resort. 

@haritha restaurant, we can order the food to the room  or you can have it in restaurant. Food is above average.
      Obviously, the price card different from the restaurant menu... so a bit high prices for the room service.
      Breakfast is complementary  and available from 8 AM to 9:30 AM which is of good taste and 3 verities of items( Idli, Bonda, Pongal)

FYI... Below are the price details for reference: 

Beach Pics:

Maintenance of beach is not bad

Beach closes by 4PM, and police person starts asking everyone to leave the beach after 4PM.. but what we saw is most of them are in the beach until 6PM.. Nobody is listing to them. 
      People staying in resort can visit the beach during the night as well, there are 2 entries from the beach and its an advantage.

Sunset: 

Resort Pics: 

Day-3 Sunrise :

Started around 9AM from Suryalanka to HYD via Guntur-Sattenapalli road connecting 167A highway and it took us 8+ hours, with 3 breaks. As we are not in a rush to reach HYD so we were travelling at a speed of 60KMPH and the road condition is excellent until hyd from Piduguralla. 

Total Journey was a pleasant one  and that too after a year and that too Post covid lockdown and a much needed one.

Thank you to all the Forum members as well for their roadtrip's, from which I have took some tips and did this trip  

• Our picks

• Hyderabad to Gottamgutta, A short weekend getaway..
      Distance: 120 kms.  Road condition: Excellent (upto Zaheerabad) You divert from the highway towards Chincholi forest reserve near the Mahindra factory exit. The road is a single lane road and through the farms. 
        We started from Miyapur around 7 AM in 3 cars. Packed all the food and water. 
      Note: Be sure to carry your shoes as there would be a short trek to reach the banks of the lake. 
      I will let the pictures do the talking.   The road towards the Chincholi forest after getting down the NH 65

The weather was good as the sun shone gently on us that morning

The entry gate of the Chincholi forest was very welcome

Though it was a mud track beyond the gate, the drive was smooth and fun.

The track will is pretty narrow to just fit in 1 car at a time

Our first pit stop was a small temple enroute amidst the Chincholi forest

• 31 replies
    • Hyderabad Weekend Getaways under 200 kilometers
      Weekend getaways
      • 67 replies
    • Road trip in Electric Vehicle, San Francisco to Los Angeles
      Sharing a road trip experience in Tesla, will be update this log on daily basis(Three days trip). 
      This is not a leisure travel, We had to go on a work trip from SF to LA.
      I will be sharing road trip experience in EV with Pros and Cons when compared with ICE cars.

Car Specifications:
      Range: 600 kilometers per charge (EPA) 0-100: 3.8 Seconds Top speed is limited to 250km/hr  Supports upto Level-3 charging : 250KW/hr Will be sharing more information on Tesla Super chargers in the upcoming posts  
      A day before the trip

Planning:
      Road trips in electric cars need some planning when compared to traditional(ICE) cars. 

STEP 1: 
      You can use Tesla website to plan your trip, Select the car that you are planning to take on a drive Check out the website for fun : https://www.tesla.com/trips SF to LA has close to 10+ Tesla super chargers(Distance : 600+ kilometers)

STEP 2: 
      Calculate total charging time required, you can check Tesla website to understand your trip plan Total charging time required on a 616 kilometers trip is 55 minutes Details given above are in ideal conditions: 90% charge before you start, follow speed limits, no opposite wind, no cold weather(below 0C), no snow storm etc In real world, range varies, this is similar to our ARAI mileage Tesla calculates/displays range based on EPA(ARAI), add 15~20% range error All the Tesla Chargers are located close to some of the best food courts/restrooms  Total saving for the trip when compared with gas cars is 52$

If you have any queries comment below, will answer them.
      • 5 replies
    • Ola mega electric factory, can produce 30 EV's per minute
      Product capacity 20 lakhs two wheelers per year 500 Acers 10,000 jobs, you can apply here (https://olaelectric.com/) 10 production lines Will produce an EV every 2 seconds First Indian electric two-wheeler company to begin international exports

Key Specs:
      100 kilometers per charge Top speed 100km/hr  
      Check out the video:

• 1 reply
    • New e-Pass Requirements by States (March 2021 onwards)
      Hi all,
      I wanted to create the list of states re-imposing e-pass requirements to travel, including  by road.
      Here's what I found. Please add to the list and also once it is lifted, please update the thread.
      I hope it will be helpful

Tamil Nadu
      Dated 9-Mar-2021
      All passengers coming by road and by flight to Tamil Nadu need an e-pass, the state government has decided, in a slew of new rules for domestic and international passengers coming to the state. All passengers from states, except Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Puducherry, need an e-pass to enter the state. 
      https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/passengers-coming-tamil-nadu-need-e-pass-here-s-how-apply-144882
      • 14 replies