TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to TriFOD, Hyderabad discussion platform for Travel, Housing, Food etc. Please register to join us for free.

Hyderabad to GOA current best route ?

Pulkit

13 hours ago, Pulkit said:

I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend. So anyone can suggest me the best route for that??? I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from HYD to Goa which way i have to take?

Hey Pulkit, Welcome on board.

Please go through the thread below which has all the latest updates and discussions on the current route and road status between Hyderabad to Goa.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pulkit said:

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?

Welcome onboard Pulkit.

Raichur road is under construction, avoid that route.

Current best route is via Zaheerabad.

South Goa route : (~baga beach)

Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Kalaburgai > Bagalkot > Belgaum > Kanakumbi > Bicholim > Baga beach

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • We started journey from HYD near Bowanpally at 2:30 AM on 16th of Feb 2019 and it took me around 13 hours to reach Goa(i.e calangut).It is a kind of non stop drive since we take only 15 min stop twice.
  • We take this route with the help of google (Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Kalaburgai > Bagalkot > Belgaum > choral > Calangut). The condition of road is overall good but from Kalaburagi to Bagalkot there is some bad patches of around 3-4 km(If you follow google maps blindly then it will take you from villages where you can hit bad roads).
  • And while comming back we started at 8 PM in night and reach 8 AM in next morning on 19th Feb 2019. This time we took same route but we choose NH over other roads which google suggest us.
  • So overall  suggestion is start your drive in night as there is no traffic and you can cover more distance then in day time and route is safe so no problem at all but keep some snacks and water because in night you found nothing on that way to GOA.
  • Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:17 AM, Pulkit said:
  • So overall  suggestion is start your drive in night as there is no traffic and you can cover more distance then in day time and route is safe so no problem at all but keep some snacks and water because in night you found nothing on that way to GOA.

Thanks much for updating us back on the latest conditions @Pulkit Appreciate it. But, wasn't your return leg of this night drive hectic? And what car were you driving ?

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:16 AM, sagar said:

Thanks much for updating us back on the latest conditions @Pulkit Appreciate it. But, wasn't your return leg of this night drive hectic? And what car were you driving ?

Initially not (as i started 8 pm in night) and i enjoyed driving in ghat roads in night as well but when i about to reach hyderabad (around 6 am in morning) it became hetic i.e because of 10 hrs of long drive i got tired as i didn't sleep properley before start driving back.    

I drove vitara Breeza ZDI+.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Pulkit said:

it became hectic

Trust me Goa to Hyderabad is always hectic. (irrespective of time)
First time i ever felt sleepy while driving is on Hyderabad ORR around 3AM (Drove from Goa)

Those single roads are very tiring to drive. 

Hope some day we will have at least 50% of it is along 4-lane section. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

Am planning to drive to Goa next week, from Hyderabad. The route I usually take every year is Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Calangute.

Just wanted to check if anyone in the group has any very recent experience of the road conditions, especially after the recent rains.

Car: Swift Vxi, 2014 model. Has driven me to Goa every year, since inception ?

Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I did this in the 2nd Week of October (09 - 13 Oct 2019). The route I took was Hyderabad (Miyapur) -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarga -> Bagalkot -> Belgaum -> Chorla -> Goa (Candolim). Road was excellent end-to-end, except from a small patch close to Bagalkot (which might have been very well repaired by now). Particularly the entire Karnataka section of the road was buttery smooth. We had taken a break at Belgaum, and continued on our journey next morning. Once we enter the Goa side of Chorla road, expect some broken patches - but at max for 15-20km, intermittently.

Btw if you break at Belgaum, do try the Donne Biryani at either Donne Biryani Adda (DBA) or Niyaaz. DBA is my personal favorite among the two ?

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
I did this in the 2nd Week of October (09 - 13 Oct 2019). The route I took was Hyderabad (Miyapur) -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarga -> Bagalkot -> Belgaum -> Chorla -> Goa (Candolim). Road was excellent end-to-end, except from a small patch close to Bagalkot (which might have been very well repaired by now). Particularly the entire Karnataka section of the road was buttery smooth. We had taken a break at Belgaum, and continued on our journey next morning. Once we enter the Goa side of Chorla road, expect some broken patches - but at max for 15-20km, intermittently.

Btw if you break at Belgaum, do try the Donne Biryani at either Donne Biryani Adda (DBA) or Niyaaz. DBA is my personal favorite among the two [emoji846]
Could you please share the total travel time?

Sent from my vivo 1802 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2019 at 10:46 PM, SumanG said:

Approx 10½ hrs Hyderabad (Miyapur) to Belgaum - with breakfast, lunch & tea breaks (total approx 1½ hrs combined in breaks). Approx 4 hours Belgaum to Candolim - no breaks.

Hi Suman,

I am travelling next week to goa. Is it really possible to travel to goa in 10.5 hours, was it in day time or night?

Hi Rana, 

The travel time to Goa is around 14 hours. The 10.5 hours I referred to is the travel time from Hyderabad to Belgaum (including breaks), where we took our night halt. From Belgaum, it's again about 3.5 - 4 hours to Goa, via Chorla Ghat.

Have a safe drive! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I had done Hyderabad Goa and return on August 27 and September 4, 2019. 

Hyderabad to Goa:

We started at 9 am from Hyderabad. Reached Gulbarga at Noon via Humnabad. Roads are good, but no road shoulder once you cross Humnabad. On my return leg, we had left from Gulbarga at 7 pm, and found it difficult to drive on road till Humnabad with no markers and that it was raining continuously.

From Gulbarga, we took Jevargi bypass and Sindagi route to reach Bijapur at 3:30 pm. In between, we took a 15 minute break for packed lunch and 15 minute fuel stop. From here, the roads are not that great. Road from Bijapur to Bagalkot in under construction with frequent diversions. It took us 2 hours to reach Lokapur, and reached Yaragatti at 5:45 pm. Took 30 mins tea break at Ratna Sangam on Gokak road, and then rejoined the road to Belgaum. Reached Belgaum at 7:15 pm. Road till Belgaum from Bagalkot outskirts is ok with many rough patches, uneven bridge joints, etc. Once you cross Sambra, you will encounter traffic, speed breakers and many slow moving vehicles.

Left Belgaum at 7:30 pm after cross city traffic. There was heavy rain in Chorla ghat (via Piranwadi, Jamboti, Kankumbi), and dense fog on ghat top. Reched Sankhali at 10 pm. So in total, excluding breaks, it took 12 hours. I was the solo driver.

On return, we left from Goa at 10 am. Reached Belgaum at noon. Ghat roads, especially withing Goa border, were bad. Reached Bijapur bypass at 3:15 pm. In between, took a 15 min lunch break before Bagalkot. Reached Gulbarga via Sindagi and Jevargi bypass at 6:30 pm, with a 15 min break in between. Entered the city for tea. Left, Gulbarga at 7 pm. Reached Humnabad at 8 pm, and Hyderabad at 10 pm. So excluding breaks, it took 11 hours on return. Again, I was the solo driver.

• 3 months later...

Hyderabad to belgaum road is good. But from belgaum to goa road is very bad. I took the below route.

Hyderabad>zaheerabad>Humnabad>Kalburgi>vijaypur>Bagalkot>belgaum>goa.

Do not go by Google maps blindly. First select it from Hyderabad to vijaypur and take the via zaheerabad n Humnabad route. While you are about to reach Kalburgi the map will take you into the kalburgi town, which is not needed. You have a bye pass at the outskirts of Kalburgi, you can see the sign boards or you can check with someone there and by this u will avoid some unwanted villages n patchy roads. From vijaypur to Bagalkot n belgaum the road is good(watch out for all the unmarked speed breakers) they will be there all over the route in Karnataka. From belgaum I took via khanapur road to goa which is a hell ride. The road is very bad.(almost 50kms of worst road in the ghat section). I am planning to take the different route from goa to belgaum(this time via chorla ghat n jamboti) will keep you posted on Oct 3rd on the road condition.

On 10/3/2020 at 1:12 AM, sagar said:

That’s pretty much a detailed insight of the latest route to Goa in this stretch.. Any significant food joints you had come across in this stretch?? 
Thanks a lot for sharing this information rohith.. Cheers.  

I have just returned from Goa to Hyderabad on Oct 4 2020. Here is the route update (latest)

Take the below route

HYderabad>Zaheerabad>Humnabad>Gulbarga>vijaypur>Bagalkot>Belgum>Goa.

Same route to return as well.

Things to note:

1)Humnabad to vijaypur is a excellent highway(NH50) just stick to the highway.(do not use the Google maps on this route. Once you hit NH50 from Humnabad to vijaypur via Gulbarga(Kalburgi), Just stick to this highway and do not take any diversion suggested by Google maps. *** 

2)From Vijaypur to belguam it's via BagalKot and this road is also excellent, just stick to the highway, and do not take the diversions or shortcuts suggested by Google maps.

3) From Belgaum to Goa, take via Khanapur>Anmod>Mollem>goa.(this road is also good with some minor patches here n there but overall strech is good.(**also do not take the Jamboti >chorla ghat route, it's fully damaged due to recent rains and it will be a hell ride****)

***Routes suggested by Google maps from belgaum to goa is closed for highway works. If you take the route suggested by Google then you will end up with a huge diversion n rerouting. 

****I did not find any decent food joint, most of them are unhygienic, if it's tea n coffe u can get anywhere on road side.  Better carry your food n snacks****

Additional Tip: carry your RC, License and insurance Soft or hard copy and PUC certificate(Hard copy) I was stopped by cops along the karnataka n goa.

Hi Guys,

We are planning for this trip next month (on November 19). We are two couples with two kids (2 and 3 year old) planning to travel in a Ciaz Automatic. 

On 10/4/2020 at 4:06 AM, Guest Rohith said:

I have just returned from Goa to Hyderabad on Oct 4 2020. Here is the route update (latest)

Take the below route

HYderabad>Zaheerabad>Humnabad>Gulbarga>Vijaypur>Bagalkot>Belgum>Goa.

We plan to take the above route shared by Rohith, and are planning to start at around 3:00 AM in the morning. Appreciate if anyone could share their insights, do's and dont's. While we have embarked on long trips earlier, this is our first trip with children and therefore want to be as cautious and careful as possible.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Guest Sasikanth said:

insights

Carry water and food(energy bars). Hyderabad to Goa has very limited food options. 
3AM is perfect time to start. You can make lot of progress. 

Follow Google maps carefully, memorise all the big town names.

Hyderabad to Goa has multiple routes, If you miss single turn you will end up with completely different routes. 

Drive safe and all the best for the trip. 

Did any of the route around Gulbarga affected with recent floods? Google maps is showing route may be affected because of severe flood situation. Iam travelling this week, Any quick responses will be very helpful

2 hours ago, Guest Sai said:

Did any of the route around Gulbarga affected with recent floods? Google maps is showing route may be affected because of severe flood situation. Iam travelling this week, Any quick responses will be very helpful

Hi Sai, as per the recent update received from one of our member.. 

Bidar - Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Kalburgi - Jevargi - Bijapur - Bagalkot cross - Belguam - Chorla Ghats - Goa

Kalburgi to jevargi cross highway is blocked due to bridge overflow (Bheema river).. you have to take small detour from nearby village that connects to jevargi bijapur highway NH 50.

Return also same detour before jevargi towards Kalburgi... This is a narrow road with all the traffic flowing from this small road, little time consuming.

I hope the above information helps.. 

Please do update us back after you finish up with your trip.. Have a safe drive!

Hi,

I will be travelling on a bike 24 October 2020 from Hyderabad to Goa( Baga ). 

Insights will be helpful and if anyone going this weekend then we can play to drive together. 

I'm currently planning on the route

Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarga -> Jevargi -> Zindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgaum -> yet to decide

Help will be appreciated

On 10/12/2020 at 11:12 PM, ramu44 said:

I am planning to delrive to South Goa this weekend & the above route suggestions are very helpful. Just to confirm the current best route from Belguam is via Khanapur>Anmod>Mollem>goa right ?

Exactly

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SK01
      It was the 15th day of January. While almost everyone was happy, celebrating the festival Sankranti, I was disappointed hearing the news on the ban of tourists to the Gudisa hills.
      It was one of the most awaited trips of the year. The very first one I’d be doing with my friends on my Ford. Alas… destiny has its plans… good or bad, we need to accept and move on…
      But how did the plans my destiny had for me turned out? Good or bad?

For the busy bees, here is a quick digest.

BRIEF

Vehicle: Ford Freestyle Titanium 1.5 TDCi.
      Fuel Type: Diesel.
      Fuel Consumed: 90lts.
      Kilometers Travelled: 1160kms.

ROUTE DETAILS

Route Taken: HYD-TATR (HVK RouteO)
      HYD – Adilabad – Khelapur – Karanji (left towards Wani from under a flyover) – Wani – Warora – Chimur.
      Distance: 465
      Road Condition: Excellent roads till Karanji.
      From Karenji to Wani the roads are average. From Wani to Warora the condition is beyond worst and a nightmare for low slung sedans, hatchbacks.

Route Taken: TATR-HYD (HVK RouteO)
      Chimur – Warora – Jam (left from Jam Jn towards Karenji) – Adilabad – HYD.
      Distance: 580
      Road Condition: Again, the worst Chimur to Warora stretch. We have taken a long route (115kms extra) to avoid the time consuming and tiring Warora - Wani route and took Warora – Jam - Adilabad which turned out to be the best decision.
      Butter smooth Nagpur highway and super stable Ford ensured I always maintain 120kmph+ speed.

IN SHORT
      Route 1 – HYD – Adilabad – Khelapur – Karenji (left towards Wani from under a flyover) – Wani – Warora – Chimur.
      The shortest route but the roads slowly turn worst.
      Route 2 – HYD – Adilabad – Khelapur – Karenji (straight towards Jam) – Jam (right towards Warora from Jam Jn) – Warora – Chimur.
      100kms longer but not as bad as route 1, Worth taking.
      Karenji to Wani is average. Wani to Warora is filthy dirty and worst. Warora – Chimur is bad.
      Route 2 - Can skip the Wani – Warora stretch.

STAY DETAILS
      Resort: Beyond Stay Mahua Tola.
      (Beyond Stay Mahua Tola, Tadoba 086469 07777 https://maps.app.goo.gl/kLuk6dpaMN5R43iG8)
      Price: 7500 / day Inc 3 beds + unlimited food for a suite room.
      Review: This is my second time staying at Mahua Tola Resort and it again turned out to be an excellent stay option. 5-star rating for the food, quality, and service.
      Mr Shukla, the manager, again turned out to be an awesome guy as usual.
      Recommended many and will continue to recommend. Must prefer option if staying with family.

SAFARI DETAILS
      Safari 1 (Day 2): Kolara Core Afternoon Safari.
      Price: 6500 for a Gypsy (6 per Gypsy allowed) + 250 for 600mm Telephoto lens.

Safari 2 (Day 3): Madhnapur Buffer Morning Safari.
      Price: 4500 for a Gypsy (6 per Gypsy allowed) + 250 for 600mm Telephoto lens.

Safari 3 (Day 3): Phalasgaon Buffer Night Safari.
      Price: 5500 for a Gypsy (6 per Gypsy allowed) + 250 for 600mm Telephoto lens.

Special mention to the safari guide Amit and driver Anil for their superb spotting skills, knowledge of the forest and route.

6 Gypsys went in for the night safari and ours was the lucky 1 to spot a Leopard too close after a month almost. Special thanks to Amit and Anil. Strongly recommend having them as a guide and driver if you plan for a night safari. Contact details will be shared on request.

PLACES EXPLORED
      1. Photo walk with Mr Shukla to the lake beside the resort where pugmarks are often seen.

2. Gondmaholi kayaking with Mr Shukla to spot some beautiful birds.

DETAILED TRAVELOGUE

The previous day, the 22nd of Feb, I Topped up my fuel tank with 40 lts Diesel and Nitrogen topped up.
      Had my dinner, packed bags and it was my time to sleep.
      It was the morning of 23rd, 5:15 AM. The excitement was real! The D Day has arrived and we were all set to start in just an hour!! This very thought has made the really short 1 hour very long.
      I took bath, freshened up, for the final time checked all my camera gear, cleaned my sunglasses and I was all set for the amazing drive.
      Dumped all the luggage in the boot, cleaned the car, it was time for some quick snaps to boast in my Instagram, WA and Snapchat. Obviously, who wouldn’t!?

23 Feb, 2021
      Hyderabad - Karenji
      Just a gentle press on the push start button depressing the clutch, the diesel beauty vibrated all over the place and started with the typical melodious diesel clatter. “Melodious!? Really!?” May ask the petrol heads. Only a true diesel guy knows the feeling I’d say.  
      It took few minutes for the cold started engine to settle down and within just 15 mins I was below the ORR Medchal entry. Yeah, ORR is close to my home.
      It was 6:35 AM by the time I was on the proper highway on a good pace cruising the way. The traffic was not much and the roads were excellent. It was opposite to what my experience was during the 2017 Tadoba trip.  

It was a bad day, certainly a really bad day. Just 2 days before the trip I caught a cold followed by fever. Never worried if it was COVID, but was certainly worried if I would be able to make it for the trip and drive to Tadoba.

The day has arrived and my worst fears came true. I started driving with really bad health. The time was 8:45 AM just a few kilometres ahead of Adilabad, I was having fever, bad night sleep, medicines that induce sleep the previous day mixed with some crazy thoughts of having a Tesla Autopilot in these situations. A tinge of dizziness took over me and I near-missed crashing a truck while overtaking it from the rightmost lane at high triple-digit speeds. My ORVM almost brushed past the truck.  That was one scary moment in my driving experience.

Finally, it was time for me to take a halt, have breakfast, home-cooked curd rice to avoid any further pain in my already soar throat, I halted just after crossing Adilabad toll plaza and the time was 9:30 AM. The day was sunny and sultry, I switched off my AC to sweat a bit and come to my senses, washed my face, had my breakfast and took a tablet that provided much-required relief to me. Clicking pictures are mandatory and is induced in our “Roadtrippers Culture”, after a good bit of photo session, I resumed my journey towards Khelapur (MH) at 10:00 AM.

I always believe in taking short breaks every 300KMS-400KMS of continuous driving unless it’s an emergency. This although increases the drive time to a good 1hr, it’ll certainly help us maintain the balance of our mood and help us concentrate on the road without having sleepy eyes. It also gives much-needed rest to the car’s tires. I don’t believe in following the often-said norm “Non-Stop 800KMS drive”. I’m not an ambulance driver on emergency duty neither I’m planning to grab a place in the records book. Call me a newbie or an oldie, I don’t care as far as I’m following good practice.

The time was 11:30 PM, I filled my diesel tank with 13lts fuel at Khelapur HP Fuel Station (MH). Did I say I suffer from “range phobia”? 
      From Khelapur to Karenji is around 30mins drive. We reached Karenji at noon and now we have started the main stretch and tedious journey to the most awaited destination bidding goodbye to the butter smooth highways.

Karenji – Wani
      Karenji to Wani takes 45mins and the drive is through some of the bad roads often traversed by the worst drivers. One such driver was the MHRTC bus driver who came close to me and we would’ve ended up head-on if I had not taken the rocky path on the shoulder of the road. These are the advantages of having a crossover, SUV or a CUV! No other car except these high raised cars can take such abusive roads with such ease avoiding some nasty crashes.
      This road takes us through coal factories, deviations, and some narrow bridges. This might sound interesting for some, but trust me, this is one horrible and energy-draining path. What lies further ahead is just the worst.
      After a bad drive, we arrived at a Wani junction which confused us during our 2017 trip. Having learnt a lesson from the horrible past, we took the left from the circle.
      Wani – Warora
      And this is the stretch. The worst part of the journey, energy-draining, body paining stretch. And in cars like the Ford Freestyle where the suspension is as stiff as a rock, more beatings were inevitable.    
      The drive is for 1 hour takes us through the worst of the worst roads which are always under construction. The pathetic state of this road since 2017 describes the sad state of life of the native villagers.
      It's better not to speak much about these roads and carry to the further parts of the journey.
      Warora – Chimur
      The time was 1:45 PM. After a tiring 1hr 45mins drive we arrived at what is officially called “Vana Kshetr”.

The roads were beautiful and it was obvious for a quick photo shoot. The roads covered with forests on either side give a beautiful look to the road. But the happiness was short-lived! There was mass deforestation on either side of the roads. This described the pathetic state we were in where we are “clinging for development & modernization”. What added to the misery was a bad Warora to Chimur stretch. Not as bad as the previous one though. Finally, the time was 2:30 PM and we have successfully crossed Chimur.
      Chimur – Tadoba / Beyond Stay Mahua Tola
      A 30mins drive to the resort through a mix of bad and good yet typical forest terrain and we have reached the resort. Those doing this trip be aware not to travel on low slung sedans and hatchbacks.

The time was 3:01 PM. Ahh!! What a feeling! We finally, after traversing through the worst of roads, arrived at the place after a long wait of 3 years! Can’t describe the feeling and there are no words that do justice to it.

We got down from our car, and Mr Shukla was standing with his fellows offering chilled juice and wet wipes. Sadly, I could never drink the chilled juice considering my sour throat.
      The time was 3:15 PM and we were extremely hungry having travelled from Hyderabad through some extremely bad roads. We straight away washed our hands and went to the outdoor dining area… What a sight it was!! The beautiful open garden without any boundaries that merge with the forest… we were immediately relaxed with the sight. “Nature is the best cure” and the saying never goes wrong.
      The server requested just 5 mins to serve the delicious lunch prepared exclusively to match our spicy taste buds and we finished it quickly gulping piping hot rotis and curry only to escape to our rooms jump on the cosy beds for a deep evening sleep…

It was 5:00 PM. We were in deep sleep; the phone rang and it was Mr Shukla to inform us the evening tea and snacks were ready. He was quick enough to sense the laziness in my sleepy voice and quickly asked if we want it to be served inside our room. I said no, and we left to the open dining space. We quickly had our snacks and set to the evening photo walk with Mr Shukla hoping to see some owls and birds.
      We walked far inside the forest and reached the lake.
      We searched for some birds and owls but couldn’t find any. I peeped into my 600mm Sony G Master lens to see the treetops but was left in despair. “The wildlife is unpredictable. You don’t know what the very next second would transpire into.” The coming 2 days and 3 safaris are proof.

We spent a good 1 hour inside the forest and were back to the resort and escaped into our cosy rooms.
      I spent another 1 hour in setting up my camera battery, SD card and cleaning my lens for the next day safari. It was 7:30 PM, we had some delicious dinner,

had some talking with Mr Shukla and after a very hectic tiring day behind the wheel of my Ford, we called it a day.

24 Feb, 2021
      The Kingfisher and its Cath!
      The previous day was a hectic one and we were fast asleep in the cool and calm mornings inside the woods. The AC was off, windows opened wide to welcome the cool forest air to fill the room. It was 5:30 AM, after a night of very deep sleep, we woke up to the fresh cool breeze, the chirpy birds and their melodious songs!
      We called up Mr Shukla and requested our breakfast to the room. The tea was served hot and the biscuits crispy. And the breakfast? That’s one tasty, mouthwatering parathas!
      It was 8:18 AM we went to the terrace attached to our room and enjoyed the warm morning views.

The birds chirping, leaves rumbling and the trees and bushes till my sight has reached made me feel like a home away from home! The forests are somewhere I feel belonged to, I feel happy and I feel like a home away from home.
      After finishing breakfast, we went to the dining area to enjoy the view of the lotus lake inside the resort patiently waiting for a beautiful photo.

“Wildlife is unpredictable. It rewards the patient eyes, sturdy hands and stoical postures.”

After a good 30 mins struggle with the heavy 600mm G Master lens in hard postures, the wildlife rewarded with one of the best and the first photo of the trip. The Kingfisher with its catch. One of the best feelings for a wildlife photographer is when they find the most rewarding picture after a lot of struggles.

Kolara Core Safari
      The time passed quickly. It was noon and time for lunch. We quickly had our lunch and hopped into our Ford with Mr Shukla. The drive was to Kolara core zone afternoon safari.
      It was a 20 mins drive from our resort and we were at the gate by 1:30 PM waiting for Mr Shukla to finish off the entry formalities.
      By 1:50 PM we were in our Gyspsys waiting for the gates to open and enter the sprawling forests.
      The Sandgrouse was the first bird to welcome us into the Kolara forest and patiently posed for a click.

Followed by many beautiful animals and birds. How many beauties we may find in the forest, the eyes of a wildlife photographer will always desperately search for the big cat.  I was no exception.
      We drove all around the forest. Multiple rounds around Maya Tala - Tigress Maya, The Queen of Tadoba’s habitat yet, we couldn’t even get a glimpse of her.
      The one golden rule in the wildlife is,

“Avoid target safaris. Enter the forest not to see the Tiger but to witness the wild in its natural habitat. Be patient and enjoy nature and wildlife. It’ll reward the purest souls who find solace in the forest”

And I never failed to follow this golden rule. However desperate I was spotting the big cat, I never avoided nor failed to appreciate the sheer beauty of the forest and wildlife. As said, it has rewarded me than all the other entrants in my entire trip.
      After multiple rounds inside the core zone and some beautiful moments at the Tadoba lake clicking some beautiful pictures,

mother nature had her plans to reward me.
      The time was somewhere around 3:00 PM. We again reached the Tigress Maya abode. Langur calls and the deer were running, The Gypsys lined up and people standing alert while the photographers busy with those heavy lenses in their hands. There were shutter sounds all around and the guide signalling to calm down.  The environment changes drastically all in a glimpse when the big cat arrives! It was real and there she was, sitting under cosy bamboo bushes with sheer magnificence.

What a sight it was!! Finally, wildlife has rewarded me with the best pics of Maya. We spent good 30 mins at the place and left with not so heavy but happy hearts.

There are few new rules in the core zone by the MH Forest Dept.
      1.      No Gypsy is allowed to stand at a place for more than 5 mins and 15 mins in case of tiger spotting.
      2.      No Gypsy is allowed to take a U-Turn. It must follow the designated path, turn all-around and arrive at the desired location. No matter what.
      3.      Every Gypsy is tracked by a GPS device.

Though the tracking made sense to me considering the poaching risk, the other 2 rules did not. That just spoils the entire experience and excitement.  Anyway, I have no power of reverting them.
      After a few more hours inside the forest, the time was 5:45 PM and it was the time for us to exit the forest. By 6:00 PM, we were outside the core zone gate talking with fellow photographers about our experience and checking out each other’s captures.  It feels so good to be in a like-minded group of people sharing the same level of interest as we do.

We were in the resort by the dawn, freshened up, had some tasty dinner and called it a day.

25 Feb 2021
      Madnapur Buffer Safari
      The wind was cool and the windows wide open welcoming the cool breeze. I was fast asleep wrapping myself in the cosy blankets. The time was 3:30 in the morning and I woke up to the wake-up calls of the housekeeping. “sir, aapka aaj morning safari hain sir” said the voice behind the room. The man patiently waited there for my response and left quietly.
      The time was 4:30 AM, I was quick enough to have the last 10 mins of sleep and get ready to catch up for the morning safari and to see what the forest has to show this day.
      It was 4:45 AM, after a quick chatting with the ever-energetic Shukla, we hopped into our beloved Ford Freestyle, started the engine and we were all set to enter the Madhnapur Buffer Forest.

I often come across people who say they were “disappointed with their trip because they did not see a Tiger!” Few say their money got wasted on a “useless trip”! and few say the other way. But I say mother nature has everything in its lap to show us. Mother knows their children. She only rewards the “purest souls” and not the “commercial souls”. For those who go to a wildlife sanctuary only to spot a tiger, better watch the Discovery channel!

When I say mother nature has everything in its lap to show us, I mean it. This day I was lucky unlike the others en route. I have seen not 1 or 2 but 3 rare sighting animals on my way to the buffer safari gate. Fox and Wild Dogs they were. Quick enough to pass through the way and escape into the forest.
      The time was 5:30 AM. I was at the buffer gate. Mr Shukla, as usual, had completed all the formalities and we were inside the forest by 6:00 AM.
      There was no GPS tracking this time and the joy in the driver’s face was evident. We took an offroad path. The path not taken by the other Gypsys. The path that was not a path.
      We made multiple rounds to multiple locations and water bodies in the forest. We couldn’t spot even a single animal. Not even a bird! The co Gypsy occupants already started calling it a dry day, a wasteful safari and with other demeaning names. I was least bothered and had my tasty breakfast amid forest overlooking a beautiful water body just beside a forest check post having some quality discussions with the police staff.

The time flew fast and it was already 9:00 AM. The cool and breezy wind has turned into the harsh sunlight. I removed my jacket, cap. I made myself light and comfortable. We were just aimlessly roaming inside the forest maintaining a slow pace wondering at the god’s creation.

The time was 9:25 AM and a Gypsy was reversing fast. Then guide of that Gypsy has signalled to the driver of my Gypsy and I understood what it was! I quickly stood, switched on my Sony camera, removed the lens cap and held the heavy 600mm G Master lens in my hand and there she was! 10 months old female subadult of Tigress Junabhai, the first Tiger I have ever seen during my 2017 Tadoba trip in the same location.

This is the early separated one. The youngest of the second litter of Junabhai. She was frightened, possibly seeing a bigger animal. She was running fast crossing the path and hit a tree trunk! She gave a frightened look, a growl, sniffed the trunk for any possible danger and disappeared into the woods…

The brief encounter of just 8 mins was memorable. It was close, really close. It has given me some beautiful shots, my parents some memorable moments and Mr Shukla some memorable videos.
      As I always say,
      “Forest will reward the purest souls who find solace in the forest”

Out of all the 6 Gypsys that has entered the forest, It was only ours and the other Gypsy to have found the tiger.

It was 10:00 in the morning and we were out of the forest as the previous day, with happy hearts.
      After a quick shopping buying some hats, shirts and some souvenirs at the nearby store, we were at the resort, checking the photos and updating WhatsApp status!

Gondmaholi Lake Kayaking
      We had a delicious lunch at the dining hall and it was already 2:30 PM. I slept for a few hours and by 4:00 PM after having some delicious pakodis and hot tea, I was all set to “explore the unexplored” on my Ford Freestyle.
      Mr Shukla, well aware of liking had planned a Kayaking and birding trip to the Gondmaholi lake. It was 4:30 in the evening. After a good soft roading session on my Ford, we were at the lake bed. We entered the Kayak quickly wearing the life jackets and carefully holding the camera.

The Gondmaholi lake, a beautiful lake situated amid the Phalsgaon buffer zone, home to a variety of beautiful birds which is not known to many. The Govt. of Maharashtra and the Forest Department had started Kayaking at the lake to boost local tourism and to provide a livelihood to the otherwise uneducated and unemployed youth.
      We did a full round inside the lake on our Kayak followed by the local youth on a lifeboat. 4 per Kayak are allowed and each Kayak must have a guide which takes the count to 5.

It was a nice 1-hour trip with the sun setting, our Kayak slowly rowing and some beautiful birds in the water with the golden hours as a backdrop! Some of the best moments they were…
      I had spotted Pond Heron,

Gray Heron,

Egret,

Northern Pintails, Spot-Billed Ducks, Red Crested Pochards

and The Oriental Darter – Snake Bird with the beautiful sun setting backdrop.

Such beautiful scenes never I’ve seen in my life.

Phalasgaon Buffer Night Safari
      The time was 5:30 PM and we quickly hopped into our Ford and left for the final safari of our trip, the Phalasgaon Night Safari!
      It’s a 10 mins drive from the lake and at 5:45 PM we were at the Phalasgaon safari gate.
      Destiny had its plans for the last safari. Mr Shukla who was there with us for all the safaris had to leave to the resort on some urgent work skipping the much-awaited night safari.
      Now it was me, my camera and my parents in the Gypsy. The sundown, dark pitching in and the gates open taking us to the deep forest. The night was cold and I had no protective gear. It was just a thin half hands wildlife T-shirt and camouflaged shorts covering my body. The trees were tall and thick and it was a dark gloomy forest which all of sudden wore a very deep and frightening look. The total opposite of what it was just a few hours back!
      The driver, Mr Anil and guide Mr Amit need a special mention. You ask me the reason? I ask you to read till the end.
      The driver upon our guide’s request quickly took us to a water body where Tiger is often seen. On our way, we’ve seen a Nilghai drinking water. I asked my driver to stop. And I begin clicking photos.

The driver said let’s move but I ordered him to stop! We spent a good 10 mins shooting a Nilghai! The driver was looking at me like a madman staring at a Nilghai. But only a photographer can understand the real reason that I was accustoming myself with the condition and understanding well to strike the perfect balance between aperture, ISO and shutter speed to get a perfect shot for the night is dark, wildlife is unpredictable and I have to be ever ready.
      After spending a good 1 hour at the lake, I asked my driver to move. I had a very bad headache because of the strobe lights used by the guide. I turned off my camera and dozed off in the super bouncy Gypsy. It was 9:15 PM already. Just 45 mins for us to get out.

We were roaming in the forest like a madman and I was sleeping with a bad headache. The guide woke me up. “utho sir, udhar kuch dikhayi diya” said the guide Amit. I was hopeless of any spotting yet, optimistic at the same time. I woke up, switched on the camera and checked all the controls. The driver Anil took the Gypsy a bit inside the forest deviating from the path.

The night was dark and scary. The wind blowing sharp and cool and the leaves rumbling making noises… the strobe light on and the headlights off! I peeped into my camera and the 600mm G Master zoomed to just half its limit and there it was sleeping! The beauty that I’ve never seen. The beautiful beast that many of us have only read and heard of but have never seen. The rarest of the animals, the Leopard!!!

What a sight! What a sight! A close 13mins encounter left us with lifelong memories and tales to tell to people and friends… the sighting blew my mind and my headache vanished too!
      The animal woke up

and jumped only to disappear into the pathless woods…
      It was 9:50 PM, we were outside the forest before 10 mins excitedly talking to the forest guards. I hope now you got the reason why I said the driver, Mr Anil and guide Mr Amit need a special mention.

At 10:00 PM sharp, we have left to the resort in our Ford in the empty forest roads…

Beyond Stay Mahua Tola
      We had our dinner, spoke to Mr Shukla telling him how much he missed the sighting, we showed him some pics, sent a few to Mr Amit and Anil, updated the same as my WhatsApp status and called it a day.  

26 July 2021
      Beyond Stay Mahua Tola
      The last day of our trip… This very thought has given me a sudden saddening vibe. The much-awaited trip came to an end! As the saying goes, all good things have an end, this good vacation too had to end. The only thing that mattered was the way it has ended. In a good way or not so good way. And this very thing, I leave it to the readers to judge…  
      This day, we planned we will wake up late, enjoy the noon and start late.
      The time was 9:15 AM. We woke up to the worker's voices. Freshened up, we went to the dining area and had our breakfast. We left for Kolara gate at 10:30 AM and spent 30 mins buying some more souvenirs for our family and friends. It was 11:40 AM we returned to the resort to pack our bags.
      We finished our lunch early, went to our rooms and took a quick nap. The time was 3:30 PM and we started our drive back to Hyderabad bidding goodbye to Mr Shukla the team and the Forest. 

Coming back to the first question,
      How did the plans my destiny had for me turn out? Good or bad?
      Leaving this answer to my readers to guess, I’m putting an end to this beautiful journey.

Goodbye until the next wildlife road trip on my XUV500 AWD.

Few More Photos From The Trip

A group of Spotted Deers at Kolara Core Zone

Red-Wattled Lapwing at Kolara Core Zone

A Female Sambar Deer and Doe at Kolara Core Zone

Red-Vented Bulbul at Kolara Core Zone - Breakfast Views.

Red-Vented Bulbul at Kolara Core Zone - Breakfast Views.

Side Lit Picture of a Spotted Deer and Doe at Kolara Core Zone 
      Side Lit Picture of Spotted Deer at Kolara Core Zone - Tadoba Lake

A Male Sambar Deer at Kolara Core Zone

Spotted Deer at Kolara Core Zone 

Side View of a Male Sambar Deer at Kolara Core Zone - Tadoba Lake 

Honey Buzzard at Kolara Core Zone

A Male Sambar Deer at Kolara Core Zone - Maya Tala (Tigress Maya's Zone)

• By sse
      Premium Villas with HMDA/RERA Approvals :: Luxury Park2
      ₹17,900,000.00
      Luxury Park 2 is a premium villa built-in 8 Acres area with the aim to spread happiness for 96 families. It is built to contain memories that will last for your lifetime.
      Features:- 
      - HMDA/RERA Approved
      - 8 acres gated community
      - Construction in full swing
      - Timelines - 12- 18 Months 
      - Loan Option from all Reputed Banks
      https://goo.gl/maps/UtySuZ7WWfYsKXhKA
      Sizes - 200 - 240 Sq yards Premium Villas
      Built Up Area - 3250 - 3810 sft
      All Triplex Villas
      Location Advantages 
      - Bangalore highway & ORR exit 10-16 min drive.
      - Srisailam Highway & Airport east entry 6km.
      - Multiple Nearby Railway stations
      - Nearby Hardware park, Aero & IT parks
      - Gachibowli 30 min drive.
      - 5 min drive from inner ring road or Airport
      - Very near to upcoming Pharma city
      - Surrounded by many Premium villas in nearby areas. 
      Amenities Provided
      Swimming pool, Gym, Function Hall, Library, Creche, Yoga room, Lawn Tennis court, Basketball court, Badminton court, Beach Volley court etc
      http://luxurypark.in/
    • By Gowtham
      Road trip experience in a Tesla

Sharing a road trip experience in EV with Pros and Cons when compared with ICE cars.
      This is not a leisure travel, We had to go on a work trip from SF to LA. I tried to capture as many details as possible.

Car Specifications:
      Range: 600 kilometers per charge (EPA) 0-100: 3.8 Seconds Top speed is limited to 250km/hr  Supports upto Level-3 charging : 250KW/hr Auto Pilot  Will be sharing more information on Tesla Super chargers in the upcoming posts  
      A day before the trip

Planning:
      Road trips in electric cars need some planning when compared to traditional(ICE) cars. 

STEP 1: 
      You can use Tesla website to plan your trip, Select the car that you are planning to take on a drive Advantages with Tesla is super charging network Check out the website for fun : https://www.tesla.com/trips SF to LA has close to 10+ Tesla super chargers(Distance : 600+ kilometers)

STEP 2: 
      Calculate total charging time required, you can check Tesla website to understand your trip plan Total charging time required on a 616 kilometers trip is 55 minutes Details given above are in ideal conditions: 90% charge before you start, follow speed limits, no opposite wind, no cold weather(below 0C), no snow storm etc In real world, range varies, this is similar to our ARAI mileage Tesla calculates/displays range based on EPA(ARAI), add 15~20% range error All the Tesla Chargers are located close to some of the best food courts/restrooms  Total saving for the trip when compared with gas cars is 52$

• By sagar
      Hyderabad to Koilsagar - Overnight BBQ camp under the stars - Report 

When: April 22nd 2017
      Where: Koilsagar reservoir
      Distance: 140 Kilometres

Objective :
      A small gathering with all the 'India-drive men'  at the banks of the Koilsagar reservoir for an overnight camp besides Barbecue under the beautiful night skies to study the star trials.

Destination description:
      Koilsagar is a reservoir which stretches across Peddavaagu (A minor tributary of river the Krishna). 
      The western stretch of this picturesque reservoir is surrounded by hills making it a beautiful treat to eyes both during sunrise and sunset.

Hyderabad to Koilsagar route:
      Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Devarkadra --> Koilsagar project

Video:

Participants:
      1) Hyundai Grand i10 - Sugandhar
      2) Hyundai Grand i10 - Pinaki
      3) Maruti Suzuki Swift - Anand
      4) Hyundai i20 Elite - Ravi Teja
      5) Hyundai i20 Elite - Jagadish
      6) Hyundai i20 Elite - Chinmai
      7) Volkswagen Polo - Ashwin
      😎 Volkswagen Polo - Raghunandan
      9) Hyundai Accent Viva - Surya
      10) Ford Figo Aspire - Bhargav
      11) Maruti Suzuki Swift Dezire - Vishu
      12) Mahindra Thar - Ravi Teja
      13) Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Srinivas
      14) Ford Ecosport - Vinay
      15) Ford Ecosport - Varun
      16) Maruti Suzuki SX4 - Tej
      17) Hyundai Verna - Madhavi
      18) Hyundai Verna - Nishant
      19) Hyundai Creta - Sagar
      20) Mahindra XUV 500 - Rahul
      21) Honda Civic - Saran
      22) Honda Civic - Gowtham 
      23) Toyota Corolla Altis - Praveen

• By mit1682
      Received form 35 and NOC from SBI on 06 Feb 2021. I was happy that loan closed but next challenge was how to contact RTO of hypothecation removal.

Searched on internet and there was mixed response. 

Contacted few agents, they quoted me charges ranging from 1200 to 2500 based on how urgent we need it.

But decided to give a try by myself. Searched on net and found below link, 

https://www.transport.telangana.gov.in/html/registration-hptermination.html

Once you will click it, it will redirect to other link shown as below

https://tgtransport.net/tgcfstonline/Registration/RegistrationOnline.aspx?Trans=HAT

click on Hypothecation/ Hire Purchase/ Lease Termination

If you have original RC then click on YES. Then below window will be open

Once you will type above details, in next window you will get your full details. I was not sure whose number to be typed at financer mobile number i typed mine alternate number and it worked 😆. Once click you will be directed to slot booking window (image only for ref)

Click on available slot. Once that is done you will be asked to pay charges. (image just for ref) fees is around 635. Take print out of it (important)

Once all done take below document to respective RTA. Below documents required

1. Original RC
      2. Printout of slot booking form
      3. Form 35, 2 nos (original)
      4. NOC from bank (original)
      5. Valid insurance (Xerox)
      6. Aadhar (Xerox)
      7. One small polythene pouch to keep original RC in it. At RTA they are charging Rs 5. And for printout it is Rs 10

also keep below doc in case they want (not asked to me)
      1. PUC Xerox
      2. PAN card Xerox
      3. Residence proof

In my case it was RTA Rangareddy. Mine slot booking was on 12 Feb 2021 01:40 to 01:50

Reached there around 12. Agents started chasing me. But i decided not to pay attention. Went to window No 4. Waited for 10 min.

Officer took my documents checked for 30 seconds and issued me slip. Asked me to go to window 6 for photo.

Went to window 6 waited for 10 min. officer took my slip, done some typing on screen took my photo and signature. And told me that RC will be received via post.

Everything done in 30 min of time, no agent. 

Mine application is approved on same day. Now waiting for RC😏

• Our picks

• Hyderabad to Pune, Lohagad, Lonavala and Matheran
      Western Ghats exploration drive meet - Report

• Thanks
      • 28 replies
    • Waterfalls in Telangana
      List of best waterfalls to visit in Telangana
      Kuntala waterfalls Bogatha waterfalls Mitte waterfalls Pittaguda waterfalls Yellama Kunta waterfalls Savathula Gundam waterfalls Pochera waterfalls Gayathri waterfalls Pedda Gundam waterfalls

Fantastic video of waterfalls by Telangana Tourism.

Video Credits :  Dulam Satya Narayana 
        • Thanks
      • 73 replies
    • Exploring The Unexplored - Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve (Hyderabad to Tadoba road trip)
      It was the 15th day of January. While almost everyone was happy, celebrating the festival Sankranti, I was disappointed hearing the news on the ban of tourists to the Gudisa hills.
      It was one of the most awaited trips of the year.
      • 18 replies
    • Asia’s longest test track in India
      India's own NATRAX High Speed track in Madhya Pradesh.

It is used for measuring the maximum speed capability of high-end cars like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Tesla and so forth which cannot be measured on any of the Indian test tracks.

Being centrally located in Madhya Pradesh, it is accessible to most of the major OEMs. 
      Foreign OEMs will be looking at NATRAX HST for the development of prototype cars for Indian conditions .

At present, foreign OEMs go to their respective high speed track abroad for high speed test requirements.
      • 1 reply
    • BMW Crash at Spiti Valley
      BMW crashed in Spiti Valley during a night drive, Out of 4 passengers 1 died on the spot.
      Avoid night driving in Himalayas. 

• Sad
      • 3 replies