TriFOD
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

• Our picks

• Ananthagiri Hills, Vikarabad, Monsoon Magic
      When : Saturday, June 15th
      Why : @Saran wanted to drive  
      Where : Anathagiri Hills, Vikarabad.
      Plan: 
      Start early in the morning by 5AM Explore the hills Have breakfast and drive back home by 10 AM  
      Drive was planned in the whatsApp group a day before.
      Me, Dr.Sudhir, Ashwin and Sridhar agreed to join him.
      Had a great time meeting the new and old members.
      Anathagiri hills is beautiful now, starting early morning is the best way to explore the hills.

WhatsApp chat:
      Friday: 
      Saran : Change in my plan to go to Vikarabad tomorrow early morning 5 o clock to enjoy the early morning breeze.
      If anyone is up for it, reply me.

Kumsi : How do u guys wake up at 5 on a weekend? Go for a nice night drive. Weather also seems great. Isn't it?

Me : Keep me into you tentative list.
      If you are planning to drive back by 9/10 AM, I will try to join.
      Breakfast at Haritha, would be ideal.
      @⁨Saran when are you planning to return?

Dr. Sudhir : My question too... Return plan? I would like to join at 5:00 am...  Saturdays r working days for me... For that matter Sundays too... ?

Saran : Before Hyderabad traffic wakes up
      Yep.. Before 9 return

Sridhar : I will also join the drive tomorrow morning if we return by 10
      Will I get the 'roadtrippin' tattoo for my car tomorrow if you are coming??

Me : Yes

Sridhar :  Is the plan on at 5am?

Saran: Will confirm in an hour.
      Confirmed

Ashwin : I'm in.
      Sridhar : 5am, Gachibowli ORR entrance is it

Saran: Yep

Sridhar : Will be at ORR entrance at 5 am

Saturday :
      Me : Good morning 
      Will be there at ORR entrance by 5am.

Dr. Sudhir :  Doesn't look like anyone slept ????

Saran:  Am starting to ORR, Will be there in 15 mins

Ashwin : Me too. See you there guys.

That's how it all started, Thank you saran for taking the initiative.

Places explored in Ananthagiri hills:

Anthagiri hills view point, opposite to the temple Maps :https://goo.gl/maps/1nqWq5v4AP82 Anathagiri hills lake
      Maps :https://goo.gl/maps/6GeP8TC8CZK2 Haritha resort (Breakfast)
      Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/dJck8f1dZJB2
      More information about best places to visit in Ananthagiri Hills:

• 20 replies
    • The Automobile Lighting - Everything You Would Want To Know About Lights.
      "National Crime Record Bureau’s Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India-2014 report stated that poor visibility, animals coming on the roads and parking of vehicles on road shoulders killed hundreds of people in AP and Telangana in 2014-15.
        • Thanks
      • 9 replies
    • Hyderabad hanging bridge is open
      World's Longest Span Concrete Deck Extradosed Cable Stayed Bridge on #DurgamCheruvu today to the wonderful Hyderabadis.
      Another jewel added to the City of Pearls!

• 0 replies
    • Harley Davidson leaving the country?
      Harley is killing manufacturing plant. 
      Service/Spare parts wont be a problem for existing customers.

Will it end with Harley or we will see more manufactures(expensive bikes) leaving the country?
      • 1 reply
    • Hyderabad to Kondaveedu Fort
      We (my son and me) went to Kondaveedu Fort on Jan 13, 2019, in our Baleno. It is approximately 275 km from Hyderabad, and drive time is around 5-1/2 hrs.

Route:
      Hyderabad -> Narketpalli -> Narsaraopet -> Phirangapuram -> Kondaveedu Fort

Short Note:
      Kondaveedu Fort is situated in a beautiful spread of Kondaveedu mountain ranges, located 1700 feet above the sea level and at a distance of 26 kms from Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. The fort being located on a hill top, the view from this place is awe inspiring. And driving through the newly-laid continuous hairpin bend (almost 20) ghat road is exhilarating to say the least. It is a shame that this beautiful place, once flourished as the capital of Reddy kings, could not fast become a tourist hotspot. It is only in recent years, tourists from across the state are thronging the place and enjoying the scenic beauty of the area.

We started from Hyderabad at 5:30 am and reached the fort by 10:30 am. We drove to the top of the hill, spent some time, took some photographs, enjoyed beautiful view of natural scenery and returned back. Unfortunately, we could not get into the fort as renovation work was still going on. Later, we went to Mangalagiri and Kanuka Durga temples and returned back to Hyderabad same day by 7:15 pm. Total trip distance was 635 km.

Since Kondaveedu Fort can be reached easily via road and has excellent roads, I would recommend going here for a picnic and returning on the same day. However, if you want to crash, put up in any hotel in Guntur. Although the roads have been maintained, there are not many options for food and drinks around the fort. However, presently renovation work is going on and no tourists are allowed to go to the top of the hill. We were fortunate enough to be allowed.

• 18 replies
  • Similar Content

• By Gowtham
      Top restaurants on Hyderabad to Vijayawada highway which has decent parking and washrooms:

7 Food Court Raju Gari Thota Village Aharam Hotel Vivera N-Grill Palle Ruchulu Border restaurant Subbaiyya Gari hotel  
      Tip: Suryapet has plenty of options. Usually it is an ideal stopover. 
    • By mit1682
      The covid19 pandemic is not over. We request travelers to follow SMS
      ‘Sanitizer Mask Social distancing’

The weather in Hyderabad added charm in atmosphere. We decided to explore Gottam gutta which was there in my Bucket list and pending for long time.

Planning done, day decided (Friday as being less crowed).

My companion in travel:
      Car Baleno Zeta CVT – reliable partner. Smartphone Poco f1 – all the photos were taken with it. And most importantly Home minister and leader of opposition (son). They rule the house and without them trip is impossible.
      Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling

Things to carry:
      Own food and water to avoid contact with outsider. Sun cream, sunglasses & Hats. Umbrella (due to rainy season). Trekking shoes (useful for trekking).  
      Difficulty level:
      No problem for elders and kids.  Care to be taken while trekking at Chincholi wildlife sanctuary. People with difficulty in breathing should avoid it.  
      Road condition:
      Roads are good till Zaheerabad. After that it is mixed of good and bad road but manageable by car and bikes.  
      Best time to visit:
      The monsoon is the best season to visit the place with family and tourists will not regret having chosen the destination. If you hate crowed and wants to enjoy peacefully then plan trip on weekdays.    
      Introduction to Gottam gutta:
      People looking for adventure and Nature lovers can relax at the picturesque Gottam Gutta located on the Telangana-Karnataka border. Surrounded by forests and eddies of the Chandrampally dam on the Bhima River in Karnataka.
      The government of Karnataka built the project in the village of Chandrampally in Chincholi Taluka of the district of Gulbarga.

Gottam Gutta Route Map:
      To reach gottam gutta there are two routes.
      One is a regular route through the village where the dam is also present; the name of the dam is Chandrampalli dam.
      Another route is through few small villages and a forest. 

Hyderabad > Sangareddy > Zaheerabad > Govindapur >  Mogudampalli > Chincholi wildlife sanctuary > Gottam Gutta

We took first route to reach dam and second route for return journey.

Best places to visit in this area:
      Chandrampalli dam. Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary. Ethipotala falls.  
      1. Details about Chandrampalli dam:
      Chandrampalli Dam is built across the Bhima River. The dam is located in Chandrampalli village of Chincholi taluq under the Gulbarga district of Karnataka. As one of the main dams in the district, dam is responsible for the irrigation of several villages in Chincholi taluka.

Quick Facts
      Built on: River Bhima
      Type: Earthen Dam with Left Bank spillway
      Length: 926.54 meters
      Height: 28.65 meters above the foundation
      Full Reservoir Level (FRL): 493.16 feet
      Maximum Water Level (MWL): 496.21 meters
      Number of gates: 6
      Purpose: the Irrigation project

Travel. Because money returns. Time doesn’t.

I travel so my life isn’t disrupted by routine

2. Details about Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary:
      Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary was declared a sanctuary in 2011 and extends over 134.88 Sq.kms. It is the first dry land Wildlife Sanctuary in South India. This is the only area in the Hyderabad Karnataka Region with rich floristic diversity. The forest hosts rich biodiversity. Apart from medicinal herbs and trees, species like Red Sanders and Sandalwood are found abundantly.

Main highlights:
      Safe haven for Wolf and Hyena: Wolves and Hyenas are the primary attractions of Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary. Spread over five blocks: Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary consists of five blocks- Chincholi Forest, Sangapura Forest, Bhonsapur Forest, Magdumpur Forest and Shadipur forest.  Rich Flora: Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary is home to dry and moist deciduous trees in its core zone and teak, acacia plantations in the outer area.  Medicinal herbs, sandalwood and red sanders trees are also found in Chincholi Wildlife Sanctuary. Local Tribes: Chincholi is also home to Lambani Tandas, a protected tribal community that lives in the forests in harmony with nature.
       Look at life through the windshield, not the rear view mirror

Go find yourself

Take memories, leave footprints

We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

3. Details about Ethipotala falls:

Ethipothala Falls (Zadi Malkapur Falls) is a 20 feet & 40 Feet seasonal waterfall cascade, situated at Telangana-Karnatak Border 20 KM from Zaheerabad.
      This is a Seasonal waterfall starts from Kohir Mandal, Kohir in local slang means "red diamond". The "Pati Matti" once mixed with water turns into very strong material fit for construction of multistoried buildings.

Over this journey you can experience the lush green fields on red soil.

Let's wander where the wifi is weak

Hey GPS, let’s take the scenic route today

This guide is meant for beginner travellers who could use a little help with structuring their short trip.
      I aim to create travel Vlogs and guides to inspire others. And equip with useful + valuable insights for your next adventure. Most importantly to make genuine connections and new friends. Let’s explore the world together.
      follow me on Instagram :@nomadic_mit.          

• By SK01
      Total Distance Travelled: 160kms up & down.
      Time Taken: 7.5 hrs.
      Road Condition: Excellent.
      Vehicle: Ford Freestyle Titanium 1.5 TDCi.
      Route: Gannavaram – Prakasam Barrage – Gollapudi – Lanco Circle – Kondapalli village – Lanco Circle – VGA – HYD NH – Kondapalli forest ghat – Kondapalli fort – HYD – VGA NH – Mulapadu village – Mulapadu Butterfly Park.

It was the 28th day of August. More than 6 months locked in our homes. Yes, the lockdown has been lifted. But the virus is till there.
      Three visits to my hometown, Rajahmahendravaram / Dowaleswaram and Ramachandrapuram but the itch to explore a place and drive to a beautiful forest where I and my Ford always love spending time was still there.

I was at Vijayawada, the city my father is currently working as a DGM at AAI. Never been to any nearby place but always heard about the place Kondapalli. Though visiting my all-time favorite Maredumilli forest, Pamuleru Vagu the 3rd time was my initial plan, couldn’t convince my parents since we were planning to Hyderabad very soon.  So, What next? Just a quick check on the route from VGA-Kondapalli opening Google Maps and checking the best viewpoint using Google Earth.  

The next day, it was 29th of August.
      Gannavaram – Kondapalli village – Kondapalli fort via Kondapalli forest.

We had a delicious lunch at home in Gannavaram, checked my newly fitted Hella Comet 500 and a gentle press on the push start button depressing the clutch, my Ford 1.5 TDCi roared to life.

It took us 2hrs to reach Kondapalli village which is 45kms away from my house at Gannavaram. It was 3.07PM and we quickly stopped at Kondapalli toys store to gift a nice Kondapalli toy to our family doc and did a quick shopping for our newly renovated house at Hyderabad.

While my parents were busy shopping at the store, I had a quick look inside the store, wondered at the beauty of our native Telugu artisans work and then it was time for me to have a look at the Gmaps for further planning.
      A short drive to the other side of the hill, we in no time entered Kondapalli Forest ghat. What a feeling! Driving on the ghats after almost a year. Maredumilli being the last.

It’s a 6.9km drive through the forest ghat road and it took us almost 20mins to reach to the Fort after a good drive on the extremely narrow and scenic ghat road. The road condition was excellent. Doordarshan TV towers situated at the top of the hill is a major advantage and the only reason for the best road condition.
      We spent a good 1.5hrs time at Kondapalli forest. While my parents were busy exploring the fort,

I was double busy exploring the forest and clicking some beautiful pictures of my mile muncher Ford

and enjoying the views

sipping a chilled sprite in the hot afternoon. 

It was 5.15 in the evening, it’s getting dark and we were already getting late to catch-up for our last leg of journey, drive through the Mulapadu forest road in the return leg to home. We hopped into our car after sipping hot tea and at a small shop near the fort  feeling sad looking at the beauty being littered by some people.

Kondapalli fort - Mulapadu forest – Gannavaram via Mulapadu forest road.

(ONE NEEDS TO TAKE THE MULAPADU-GADDAMANUGU ROAD TO VISIT BUTTERFLY PARK AND FOREST WHICH IS NOT SHOWN IN GOOGLE MAPS)

We started at 5.45 Pm at Kondapalli fort, a good downhill drive covering the entire 6.9kms but this time in 30mins avoiding all the idiotic bikers ricing on rice bikes and Activas, we reached the VGA-HYD NH with a small scratch on the rear right door caused by an old man speeding in his Dzire without even honking on a curve. “Be gentle on my curves” must be followed everywhere!

We reached Mulapadu village and the time was already 6.15PM,

seeing no chance of driving through the Mulapadu forest road to Gannavaram which was the original plan since it was already dark and the road was full of truck traffic, I settled for a few pictures near the Mulapadu Butterfly Park arch

and Mulapadu forest entry, bought some beautiful plants in the nearby nursery, bid goodbye to the beautiful place looking at the forest road entry

planning in my mind to execute the incomplete final leg of journey all alone, we drove back to Gannavaram. I know the story is incomplete unfortunately. But hopefully I’ll be back really soon with a part 2. Until then,
      Drive Safe, Stay Safe.

• By Gowtham
      Last weekend me and Saran decided to explore a new place called Gottamgutta.
      We started searching online for routes and other information.

Even after spending an hour, I couldn't find anything related to routes and places to visit.
      We decided to start early in the morning and explore this place.

Distance :  Hyderabad to Gottamgutta : 120 kilometers
      Route :
      There are two routes to reach this place. One is a regular route through the village called Chandrampalli (dam).
      Other route is through few small villages and a forest.
      We obviously took the forest route.

Hyderabad > Sangareddy > Zaheerabad > Govindapur >  Mogudampalli > Chincholi wild life scantuary > Gottam Gutta

Red marked path is not present in Google maps. 

Places to visit
      1. Chincholi Wild life scantuary
      2. Gottamgutta (trek)
      3. Chandrampalli dam